***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Congratulations to Mississippi State and War Eagle ... ALWAYS!

:au: 23

:msu: 38

Capture.png

Capture.png

Capture.png

Gus Malzahn's Post Game Presser

Gus Malzahn: "First of all, give Mississippi State credit."

Gus: "I'm not thinking anything about a playoff. ... We're still one of the better teams. I feel strong about that. We'll get better."

@bmarcello

Malzahn: We started out in a hole. Their crowd got into it. I think the big factor in the game was our red-zone offense not scoring TDs.

Malzahn: Got to give Miss. State credit. We had to play well to beat them, and we didn't.

Malzahn: The ball was wet. The double move when we had Sammie, that was a factor.

Malzahn: We had a setback like this a year ago. There are a lot of champions in that locker room.

@jmedley_star

Malzahn: "Our turnovers, they turned it into points. Their turnovers, we didn't do a good job in turning those into points."

Malzahn: "I just wish we would have capitalized on those turnovers more than we did."

Malzahn on if MSU is the No. 1 team: "Well, I would know pretty well. They're definitely the best team we've played. They beat us, you know"

Malzahn on frustrating mistakes: "When you're playing a good team and trying to scratch and come back, you have to make those plays."

Malzahn on Roc Thomas: "He did a very solid job for us, and we feel like he's going to a good job for us moving forward."

@JFergusonAU

Malzahn: "They're a good defense and we felt we needed to keep them off balance."

Malzahn on Braden Smith playing TE: "He's a really good player and we're just trying to utilize him in any way we can."

@wareagleextra

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Eagle anyway and always! Sucks to lose.

With any luck the negative Nancy's will be so turned off by AU that they will not come back again.

I've never seen so many new people on this board who seem to be such football experts....out plague of "barners" I guess.

Lots of season ahead of us....keep the faith.

WDE

Tough loss. MSU handled the pressure and took better advantage of our mistakes than we did of theirs. Neither QB played like Heisman winners. Some tough calls, but the first quarter was the difference.

missed chip shot field goal, Bull**** call on sammy that would have almost certainly been points (I'll say 7), and in spite of the concessions made by some on this board, I don't see how in God's name that was called a fumble on Louis. He had the ball and bounced off the ground, but of course, after that game - there was no calls coming back our way. These things were unbelievably deflating. I don't think this team is better than us at all, but we played like crap, and when we didn't - untimely bullcrap set us back. Have to get better from this.

Just hate we played soo poorly. Can't win them all of course just hate loosing like we did.

Mississippi State played just as poorly and dominated.

Congratulations to MSU, played hard and got a strong win.

don't know if this team can do it, but if we win out, with our schedule and the way all the top teams are losing, we still have a good shot to get in the playoffs

Well that was awful. Bye week should do us some good. Just sucked all the way around. Season is not over though. But I'm ready to see what Roc can do as the starter. WE anyway

All on AU. No one to blame but themselves. The hope isn't over though, gotta hope bama beats them and ole sis beats them and we win out.

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

Well that was awful. Bye week should do us some good. Just sucked all the way around. Season is not over though. But I'm ready to see what Roc can do as the starter. WE anyway

Inclined to agree. Roc had the best showing by far

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

Most people in here believed the hype after beating a bad LSU team. Reality check for them.

Archived