Herbstreit

AUFAN78

I am a fan of Kirk Herbstreit and typically agree with his analysis. His comments that Miss State dominated us surprised me. Do you agree with his view?

He was talking just to be talking. Fact is we don't give them three easy short field opportunities and it's likely we win. Nobody dominated us, the stats tell you that. We self destructed on those 3 plays.

Not unusual for the talking heads. It is just like talking how AU couldn't contend with NM's 17-34, and I'm thinking then how do they think DP is so great when he had an 18-34 that day also. Most use a single stat to re-enforce their opinion not the whole truth. I just laugh at them and move on. WDE

I am a fan of Kirk Herbstreit and typically agree with his analysis. His comments that Miss State dominated us surprised me. Do you agree with his view?

Yes.

Herbstreit changes his mind like a woman changes outfits.

And no, we dominated LSU. The MSU game felt pretty close despite a 21 point hole.

Until the last fumble and score, I felt we were going to win and still thought we could come back and win based on what we saw from this team the last year and a half. I would love to have seen what would have happened if we scored a touchdown that first drive in the third quarter. They dominated the first quarter with a lot of help from us. They had short fields with our turnovers where we had about half the field or longer to go from most of their turnovers gained.

Herby believes in the eye test. Everyone picks the sexy pick from week to week. Which may hurt us this week. Beat ole miss and we are back up there. And hope kstate wins their big ones

Dominate-NO. They put us in a 21-0 whole quick (which at the time was dominate) but after that we settled down and made it a game. Turnovers killed us time and time again. We will come back better and still have a chance for the playoff. If we play them again we beat them.

This game obviously left a lot to be desired. But I just went back and checked out the stats and feel a lot better about it. We lost to a good team on the road. And not to take credit from MSU, but it really was a case of everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for AU. The stats are pretty darn even. The difference, pretty obviously, was where we turned the ball over, our red zone inefficiency, and bad penalties. Red zone inefficiency is a credit to MSU as well as something to improve upon for AU--but the penalty calls and where on the field we turned the ball over is simply bad luck.

They dominated us up front in the red zone and that was the key to the game. We got no push from the OL and why we continued trying to run it up the middle with CAP is beyond me because it clearly wasn't happening. The running game is really missing Robinson, Kozan and Prosch.

Any Auburn fan that's a fan of Kirk Herbsteeit must have slept through 2004.

I remember him from 2010 when he picked Auburn from spring and stuck with us all the way through the season. The idea that these guys have some agenda other than trying to be interesting and advance their career is ridiculous to me.

I remember him from 2010 when he picked Auburn from spring and stuck with us all the way through the season. The idea that these guys have some agenda other than trying to be interesting and advance their career is ridiculous to me.

I was just about to mention that. Some analysts are pretty transparent and/or just bad, but I don't put Herbstreit in that group.

If I remember right, he picked us preseason in 2010 to win the SEC. I may be getting old but I seem to recall reading or seeing that.

Sorry, should have finished reading the rest of the posts.

If I remember right, he picked us preseason in 2010 to win the SEC. I may be getting old but I seem to recall reading or seeing that.

Sorry, should have finished reading the rest of the posts.

You are correct. He has no agenda against Auburn IMHO.

Archived