Week 8 (Bye) - Tiger Talk

RunInRed

HC Gus Malzahn @ Tiger Talk

CGM: "Our fans are the best in the country ... we just need to give them more to cheer about... we didn't get it done Saturday but I'm going to tell you this, I still believe we are a really good team and we're going to find a way to get better."

Malzahn: "I definitely expect us to rebound in a positive way."

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn on MSU loss: "We never could get within that touchdown range to make it close."

It's really a positive time for an off week."

Malzahn: "There's nothing like when you're at that halfway point. … It really gives us a chance to get a good strategy going forward."

Malzahn says the "off the field guys" (meaning the GAs/support staff) are usually a week ahead of the rest of the staff with game planning.

Malzahn on players' reaction to loss: "They were disappointed. … Our rally was, we knew we were going to face adversity this season."

Malzahn on @GregRobinson79 getting first start & @TreMason being activated with the @STLouisRams: "I'm excited for both those guys."

Malzahn: "We're going to have a heck of a practice tomorrow, it's going to be physical one."

Malzahn on RB Roc Thomas: "Roc did an outstanding job. We made the determination we were going to turn him loose against Mississippi State."

Malzahn on MSU's use of cowbells on Saturday: "Those rattle things were a little bit louder than it was in the past."

Malzahn on CAP in pass gm: "There were a couple of opportunities our QB could have hit a check down, but lot of times he was in protection."

Malzahn on more running to the outside with "lightning" (@CoreyGranttt?): "We need to figure out more ways to get yards outside the box."

Malzahn on fundamental "problems": "As coaches that's where it starts, and there were some fundamental breakdowns." Says teams further along

Malzahn on Nick Marshall's tipped pases: "We've got to do a better job around him too. … We'll strategically ways to help him."

@AUBlog

Auburn coordinators working this bye week: "We're going to play some of best teams in America, a lot of them on the road," says Gus Malzahn

Gus Malzahn on Auburn: "The special teams, when you face adversity, they come together even closer. And that's what we're going to do."

Gus Malzahn on the bye week: "I'm really focused about us. We're going to have a heck of a practice tomorrow. It will be a physical one."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn after first loss: "We have a lot of veterans, we have a lot of champions. One thing I know, we're not going to quit."

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn says South Carolina's Steve Spurrier is "one of the better play-callers to ever coach" and expects a physical game Oct. 25.

@wareagleextra

Malzahn on Roc Thomas: "Roc did an outstanding job." Plan was to play him more against LSU but didn't happen

@bmarcello

What always bugs me about this coach speak, especially the "We really wanted to play [X player] more," or "Really wanted this player to get involved" is that they are right there. They were on the sideline. You literally just say go play and they play. That's not a valid excuse without a reason for why it couldn't have happened. Chizik said the same things, and it just got frustrating when week after week you hear "We need to do more of x,y,z" and the very next week they did none of that.

Obviously we are nowhere near that level, but those are empty statements.

Easy to say from the bleachers or the edge of a seat in the living room. Not being a Richard noggin but when you run tempo and try to put calls together in succession you can sometimes lose sight of player substitutions and personnel schemes. The off week should fix some of that. Fire at will.....lol

I have ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONFIDENCE IN GUS!!!!! I am thankful not one poster on this board is on his staff. Do we even think before posting some of this "stuff"? Jiminy Christmas...

Archived