In a move further politicizing the CDC

TheBlueVue

Has this guy have any background in infectious diseases? large scale crisis management? relief efforts? health care field? Africa? lived or been there and seen conditions that lead to ebola spread? anything that would make him remotely qualified for leading this effort?

Another layer to the ineptocracy....

Wow, the president had a chance to show the nation he was on top of this and we get a political operative. Very disappointing.

I too wish Ron Klain had more experience specifically with infectious disease/epidemiology management, although the yahoo link does say that he is well regarded by both Democrats and Republicans for his managerial skills.

At least this POTUS didn't hire the Judges and Stewards Commissioner for the International Arabian Horse Association (IAHA) to handle a crisis:

http://en.wikipedia....ichael_D._Brown

I too wish Ron Klain had more experience specifically with infectious disease/epidemiology management, although the yahoo link does say that he is well regarded by both Democrats and Republicans for his managerial skills.

At least this POTUS didn't hire the Judges and Stewards Commissioner for the International Arabian Horse Association (IAHA) to handle a crisis:

Fema worked fine during Katrina for the most part. The biggest eff ups came from the state with Gov. Blanco and especially the locals, particularly Ray "school bus" Nagin

Fema worked fine during Katrina for the most part. The biggest eff ups came from the state with Gov. Blanco and especially the locals, particularly Ray "school bus" Nagin

Brown also worked as General Counsel at FEMA for 2 years before the took over. I don't think Klain has any medical experience. Klain is the same guy who brought us Solyndra.

I was thinking this earlier today. I'm glad someone is saying it.

We already have a surgeon general, a secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, and a secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Would not one of them do?
http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/17/choice-klain-ebola-czar-suggest-white-house-sees-ebola-political-medical-problem/

If this is necessary, where's the flu czar for those 30000 deaths per year?

Unfortunately the politicians in DC and Dallas have turned a medical and health problem into a political problem. Their intent is to deal first with the political problem.

The main problem that Klain will deal with is not the Ebola has been transported to the US and infected Americans, it is that the CDC cannot keep its stories straight for the administration. Klain is a DC insider that can keep the CDC message on point, deflect blame and spin when needed. Some career CDC personnel may also start speaking up about has been really going on there. Klain will deal with that too.

It's also interesting that he will report to Susan Rice. Who has made two major incorrect statements on the Middle East, the video excuse and turkey agreeing to fight ISIS. Maybe klain will watch what rice says too.

If this is necessary, where's the flu czar for those 30000 deaths per year?

What's Bill Ayers doing these days ? Rev. Wright ?

Its truly priceless that the lefties in this forum refuse to admit how about every political agency under this administration has been clearly politicized. It's as obvious as the day is long. The IRS, the DoJ and, as a result, the FBI and the CIA, not to mention the CDC, as well as the Depts of Labor of Defense, Education, Interior(EPA), the Dept of Energy, Homeland Security, the Dept of Veteran Affairs none of which should be politically aligned or motivated but they ALL are. Hell, even the FCC, the language police, in its recent ruling concerning those who say Redskins has fallen in line with the political left.

Frankly, I don't understand what all the outrage is about.

If (many - if not most of you) believe the scientific community are nothing but political hacks anyway; perpetuating hoaxes and manipulating the political system for private gain, what's the problem here?

I mean, I can understand why you are pissed that its Obama's administration politicizing it, much preferring it be politicized by the Republicans, but the Democrats won't hold the executive office forever.

But why does it really matter if scientists are no longer scientists to begin with?

I live in New Orleans and can tell you that, in point of fact, FEMA did not work fine after Katrina. There were coordination and leadership problems at every level of government, but to think Brown or his agency functioned well is a joke.

Yep,there were problems no doubt about that but local leaders, mayor and governor , were absolutely no help and were actually a big part of those problems.

I live in New Orleans and can tell you that, in point of fact, FEMA did not work fine after Katrina. There were coordination and leadership problems at every level of government, but to think Brown or his agency functioned well is a joke.

It worked pretty well in Alabama and Mississippi. Nothing works perfect but New Orleans was a disaster primarily because of Nagin being the incompetent corrupt boob he was, which is not unusual for Louisiana politicians.

It worked pretty well in Alabama and Mississippi. Nothing works perfect but New Orleans was a disaster primarily because of Nagin being the incompetent corrupt boob he was, which is not unusual for Louisiana politicians.

I would walk back any statement that anything "worked pretty well" during Katrina. It caught many federal agencies with their pants down.

We learned that we sucked at personnel accountability - post disaster and implemented many IT solutions to better account for our personnel.

https://navyfamily.navy.mil/

I would walk back any statement that anything "worked pretty well" during Katrina. It caught many federal agencies with their pants down.

We learned that we sucked at personnel accountability - post disaster and implemented many IT solutions to better account for our personnel.

https://navyfamily.navy.mil/

Well I'll put it this way, for a federal agency it worked ok in those two areas. It looked like a well oiled machine next to the local pols is the point I was trying to get across. Everybody wants to blame Bush and the federal agencies while overlooking the local failures. New Orleans was a disaster in the making for several different reasons, not the least of which was the fact that the population had been conditioned to rely on government for everything. That's all they knew. They knew nothing of self reliance. It was a giant demonstration of why liberalism is such a bad idea.

Archived