Off Week Helping Auburn

AuburnNTexas

This off week has come at a good time. We are a good team that needs to work on a few things. Having two weeks to do it before going into a brutal stretch should allow us to address some of our issues and become a great Team.

Secondly the action on the field is helping us as we are currently in 6th with 5 teams ahead of us. One of those teams Baylor lost today and one other Florida State or Notre Dame will lose today. Bama has destroyed Texas A&M this weekend so despite their loss might move ahead of us, but that doesn't bother me even though they shouldn't move ahead of us as when we play them we will decide who moves up.

An extra week to fix some issues and at worse we will be 4th or 5th come Monday. This puts us back in the position of deciding our own fate. We win out there shouldn't be any way we don't make the BCS. We don't win out we don't deserve to go to the BCS. I like our chances now a good off week.

This off week has come at a good time. We are a good team that needs to work on a few things. Having two weeks to do it before going into a brutal stretch should allow us to address some of our issues and become a great Team.

Secondly the action on the field is helping us as we are currently in 6th with 5 teams ahead of us. One of those teams Baylor lost today and one other Florida State or Notre Dame will lose today. Bama has destroyed Texas A&M this weekend so despite their loss might move ahead of us, but that doesn't bother me even though they shouldn't move ahead of us as when we play them we will decide who moves up.

An extra week to fix some issues and at worse we will be 4th or 5th come Monday. This puts us back in the position of deciding our own fate. We win out there shouldn't be any way we don't make the BCS. We don't win out we don't deserve to go to the BCS. I like our chances now a good off week.

If ND loses I see us at 5, If FSU loses I see us staying at 6. They've already been talking about Bama jumping to 4 so Miss St, FSU/ND, Ole Miss, and Bama, I don't see us getting higher than 5 at best

Doesn't matter about the old polls. The only one that counts is the CFP that comes out next week, uat's best win to date is a was #21 team at home. We have a win by just as bad against a #15 team at home. Neither of those teams will not be ranked in the first CFP poll. That leaves us with a likely #10 ranked team after their win today, on the road. I think we will still rank higher in the main poll that counts, JMO. WDE

If ND loses I see us at 5, If FSU loses I see us staying at 6. They've already been talking about Bama jumping to 4 so Miss St, FSU/ND, Ole Miss, and Bama, I don't see us getting higher than 5 at best

I said 4th or 5th either us or Bama at 4th the other at 5th. Either way doesn't bother me because whether Bama or Auburn is 4th or 5th will be decided in the Iron Bowl. Like I said we are now in control of our own destiny with our schedule assuming we win out no other one loss team could move ahead of us. In addition we win out we pass Ole Miss as we beat them.

Are we still lifting weights and training during the season like we did last year? I think that's what set us apart. We were lifting heavy and killing it in the weight room and it made us unbeatable in the 4th

Some of the games I've seen today, seems that a lot of teams have upped their game since early September.

AU needs to follow suit, or else.

If ND beats the Criminoles tonight (think they will) and Ole Miss holds on and beats TN, I believe the top five will be: 1. MSU 2. Ole Miss 3. ND 4. bama 5. Auburn. I don't like that bama jumps us but it is what it is because of the love affair the pollsters have with them. Regardless, I'm tired of hearing many fans from other conferences especially FSU fans complain about the media gushing over the SEC being the best conference. If the polls on Monday turn out the way I predict, 4 of the top five are from the SEC let alone the SEC WEST!!!

all i know is if after that performance in the last game and this bye week they still struggle mightily against south carolina I will most definitely know the outcome of this season, but I don't believe that will happen, I've asked plenty of questions this year...here's another...will this be the game when gus will stop being at least AS stubborn with his playcalling as he has been?

all i know is if after that performance in the last game and this bye week they still struggle mightily against south carolina I will most definitely know the outcome of this season, but I don't believe that will happen, I've asked plenty of questions this year...here's another...will this be the game when gus will stop being at least AS stubborn with his playcalling as he has been?

Hope not. It's go time now! Hope we use this off time wisely.

So #4 Baylor and #5 Notre Dame lose, #7 Alabama beat #21TA&M, so polls will probably move bama to #4 and AU to #5. No issue with me as we still have to beat Ole Miss and Bama if we want to make the playoffs. All that will sort itself out in due time. KSU beating Oklahoma helps our SOS and probably knocks Okie out of the playoffs.

So #4 Baylor and #5 Notre Dame lose, #7 Alabama beat #21TA&M, so polls will probably move bama to #4 and AU to #5. No issue with me as we still have to beat Ole Miss and Bama if we want to make the playoffs. All that will sort itself out in due time. KSU beating Oklahoma helps our SOS and probably knocks Okie out of the playoffs.

Exactly. We have to win out for a shot anyway, so go ahead and put the teams left on our schedule in front of us. It will only help our SOS anyway--which, as GBAU pointed out, has drastically improved with KSU taking care of business. That game in Manhattan that frustrated a lot of us, now, is a W on the road against a soon-to-be top 10 team.

Here's to K-State winning the Big 12...

Scenarios-

We have to win out, otherwise none of this matters.

Win out- Uga with 2 losses, Bama with 2 losses, ole Miss with 1 loss but we win the west IF:

Ole Miss and Bama to beat MSU

We might sneak in to the playoff if we win out and Georgia goes on to beat MSU in the SEC Championship.

If we get in, I can see a rematch with K State... And/or Georgia

Exactly. We have to win out for a shot anyway, so go ahead and put the teams left on our schedule in front of us. It will only help our SOS anyway--which, as GBAU pointed out, has drastically improved with KSU taking care of business. That game in Manhattan that frustrated a lot of us, now, is a W on the road against a soon-to-be top 10 team.

Here's to K-State winning the Big 12...

Here-Here

Archived