Muschamp

TexasTiger

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will ride out the season with him and then go after Mullen IMO.

As much sense as Mullen makes to go to Florida, think about all of the programs over the past 10 years that have gone after the "obvious candidate" and when it worked out that way. Just because it makes sense to the fans doesn't mean it makes sense to the people involved. That said I think it would make sense for Mullen to go there and he would obviously be the wise choice in my opinion, but I've learned not to expect anything with college football anymore.

Mullen and Freeze are going to be hot properties when this season is over. I don't think MSU and OM will be able to hold on to them, though they have both upgraded their facilities and expanded their stadiums.

Mullen and Freeze are going to be hot properties when this season is over. I don't think MSU and OM will be able to hold on to them, though they have both upgraded their facilities and expanded their stadiums.

Freeze is within an hour of where he grew up, the only way he leaves Oxford is in a pine box.

I don't think the UF powers will want to take a chance and have to wait for success with Mullen. They will go after a big name coach with a proven record. And no, one cinderella season does not constitute a proven record.

Freeze is within an hour of where he grew up, the only way he leaves Oxford is in a pine box.

I don't think the UF powers will want to take a chance and have to wait for success with Mullen. They will go after a big name coach with a proven record. And no, one cinderella season does not constitute a proven record.

Because they have the track record of doing that. They'd jump at the chance to get Mullen or freeze

FSU's continued success is going to up the ante for Florida. No telling what they will do...I wish they'd go after Saban!

Florida might want to see if the Ol' Ball Coach is willing to return?

Agree 100%. Until this year, Mullen's record at MSU would have gotten him fired at places that have higher expectations. I don't think Florida will even glance in Mullen's direction.

If they shop around for a "proven winner" IMO they don't have to go past Mullen. I don't like the guy but he has built a respectable program starting without much in-state talent and poor facilities. He might take the same route as Gus....OC at a top school...then leave to earn his bonifides...and then come back where he has a following. Hard for me to imagine a more natural outcome.

If they shop around for a "proven winner" IMO they don't have to go past Mullen. I don't like the guy but he has built a respectable program starting without much in-state talent and poor facilities. He might take the same route as Gus....OC at a top school...then leave to earn his bonifides...and then come back where he has a following. Hard for me to imagine a more natural outcome.

He was OC at UF before taking the MSU job.

It seems that if Mullen wants a chance at a primo job, he'd better strike while his iron is hot. He will never be as hot a commodity as he is right now. I'm not a bettor, but I'd wager his W/L record will revert a little more toward the 6-5, 7-4 territory after this year.

Agree 100%. Until this year, Mullen's record at MSU would have gotten him fired at places that have higher expectations. I don't think Florida will even glance in Mullen's direction.

MSU is one of the toughest places in the country to establish a winning program and y'all want to devalue Mullen because it took a couple of extra years to get there? Look at those guys. Solid lines on both sides of the ball, good RBs, receivers, LBs, DBs and the best QB in the country. I don't see any glaring weaknesses in that team. They are set up to win a lot of games the next few years if Mullen sticks around and he did that with very few top rated recruits. He simply developed the guys he was able to recruit. IMHO, he has done the best coaching job of anyone in the country. If Florida does not go after him they are nuts.

Archived