Frickin' Shoddy University and "its ability to win games"

Dual-Threat Rigby

That offensive pass intereference was the most BS call in the history of the sport, not because of the call itself which was somewhat correct, but because of the entire game.

DON'T CALL PI FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME BUT CALL IT WHEN FSU IS FINALLY GETTING DEFEATED, REFS

Auburn got fisted the same exact way and guess what I have to say, FSU won't lose again unless someone along the way pays the refs out more than the NCAA is paying them

because its not possible otherwise

So we were called "lucky" and now they are just called just "good" and a championship team that found a way to win. Hmmm...ok. Man i hope we can get to the playoffs...i really do. I don't see any other team on thier schedule threating them. I want a re-match so bad. I think it was the right call. I just hate that no team can close the deal on them and win the game.

Oh good grief, that was definitely PI, as it was an illegal "pick". The WRs were blocking the DBs beyond the LOS while the ball was in the air. If the WRs had scrapped by them it would have been fine. I dispise FSU and ND, but that was absolutely the correct call.

Oh good grief, that was definitely PI, as it was an illegal "pick". The WRs were blocking the DBs beyond the LOS while the ball was in the air. If the WRs had scrapped by them it would have been fine. I dispise FSU and ND, but that was absolutely the correct call.

I'm no expert on the details of the call but if you consider the circumstances, it's reasonable that ND would run a play that was more or less guaranteed to get the receiver free...even if there was a risk to an offensive PI.

Week after week I see offensive players push off to get loose and it is almost never called....so IMO, a reasonable risk to take. I mean....who knew that an ACC official would have the guts to call a more or less obscure penalty in that situation. I expect that is why ND is not making too much over it.

The correct call was a hold on the db before they called the pick on the receiver. The db reached out and grabbed the reciever before he blocked him in the end zone, in my opinion. But they normally don't make either of those calls at the end of a game.

That was no push-off. It was clearly pass interference. Does anyone really think the ND receiver would have been that open otherwise? The guy responsible for covering him was still being blocked, in the end zone, when the ball was caught.

I was all happy when I thought ND had scored, but there's no way the refs could ignore that pass interference.

That was definately offensive interference on Notre Dame. Nothing but a pick play that the team on offense hopes the refs miss. Now the call on Coates, that was the worst total BS call I have ever seen. DBs and receivers hand fight on virtually every play. DB's try to get their hands on receivers and receivers fight them off. That's just football.

That was definately offensive interference on Notre Dame. Nothing but a pick play that the team on offense hopes the refs miss. Now the call on Coates, that was the worst total BS call I have ever seen. DBs and receivers hand fight on virtually every play. DB's try to get their hands on receivers and receivers fight them off. That's just football.

I watched a good part of the KSU-OK game yesterday and the pre-catch roughness between DB and WRs was amazing ....and virtually no pass interference calls...and few holding calls either despite the kind of stuff we saw in the AU-KSU game,

College football is like basketball in that each conference seems to have it's own rulebook...or at least has it's own interpretation of those rules.

#8 CB's left hand was over #20 WR's shoulder. His right hand was on receiver's upper arm. Tight formation. Don't know what else he was supposed to do. he was getting bumped. CB's hands go up to block WR a fraction of a second earlier than WR.

Guest jojo1515

That was no push-off. It was clearly pass interference. Does anyone really think the ND receiver would have been that open otherwise? The guy responsible for covering him was still being blocked, in the end zone, when the ball was caught.

I was all happy when I thought ND had scored, but there's no way the refs could ignore that pass interference.

Total BS. " the guy responsible for covering him" according to you was the same one that reached out and grabbed the ND receiver as soon as the ball was snapped. If he was supposed to cover the receiver that caught the ball, why in the hell was he grabbing a different receiver and lined up 1 yard in front of him? No possible way in Haites that db was supposed to cover the wr that caught the ball. It was poor defense bailed out by any possible bs call the refs could come up with. At best it should have been a no call because both players made contact. The db never made any effort at all (evident by the fact that he still had his arms around the receiver after the td) to break away and get to the other receiver. He was covering who he was supposed to ( again proved by the fact that he was holding said wr by the jersey until the play was over). Go look at the end of the game thread. There is a nice pic of the db initiating contact at the LOS. Again, solid proof that he was covering the guy he was supposed to cover and not the td receiver.

It seems like everyone on here who is saying it wasn't PI doesn't realize who the penalty was even called on. The WR that Kirk Herbstreit circled last night was NOT the one who drew the flag. It was #7 who was above him who initiated the contact in the endzone and freed up the guy who caught the ball. The one the Herby circled could be called for setting a pick as well but that one is debatable... the other one was not.

Sad thing is, if #7 had just run right past the db I think ND still would have scored.

The correct call was a hold on the db before they called the pick on the receiver. The db reached out and grabbed the reciever before he blocked him in the end zone, in my opinion. But they normally don't make either of those calls at the end of a game.

This is what I saw.

This is what I saw.

I think this was what Kelly was counting on....ND probably knew the play was a problem but was willing to take the chance....which I can't blame them for...as noted above, rare for a penalty to be called at that point...especially an infrequent call like offensive interference.

ND had other chances to win....this was just the most visible cause of the loss.

Guest jojo1515

It seems like everyone on here who is saying it wasn't PI doesn't realize who the penalty was even called on. The WR that Kirk Herbstreit circled last night was NOT the one who drew the flag. It was #7 who was above him who initiated the contact in the endzone and freed up the guy who caught the ball. The one the Herby circled could be called for setting a pick as well but that one is debatable... the other one was not.

Sad thing is, if #7 had just run right past the db I think ND still would have scored.

You mean #7 in this video, the one that the db clearly jumps in front of as he is trying to run his route? Gonna havebto come up with something better than that to defend these refs as this is a clear case that #7 did not initiate the contact

You mean #7 in this video, the one that the db clearly jumps in front of as he is trying to run his route? Gonna havebto come up with something better than that to defend these refs as this is a clear case that #7 did not initiate the contact

Thank you for posting the video. I would be pissed if we lost a game because of that call. Receivers do that all day long just like linemen hold inside the shoulder pads. Refs don't call that.

Even the FL St. defensive back wasn't arguing the touchdown. All I saw him do was blame one of his teammates for not covering the ND receiver.

Looking at that video, I see two ND players blocking downfield, in the endzone, against two FSU DB's. Call it offensive pass interference or offensive holding, no matter, the play comes back.

Thank you for posting the video. I would be pissed if we lost a game because of that call. Receivers do that all day long just like linemen hold inside the shoulder pads. Refs don't call that.

Even the FL St. defensive back wasn't arguing the touchdown. All I saw him do was blame one of his teammates for not covering the ND receiver.

Exactly! Plus, the flag was thrown (ACC Officials) after receiver caught the ball and was in the end zone! The FSU DB in question was covering the receiver he was supposed to cover. It was FSU blown coverage, as no one picked-up the TD receiver, and they, (FSU) were bailed out be the officials!

I'm no official but I did watch "College Football Final". :) For once the talking heads were in agreement. Two ND players were illegally blocking two FSU DB's in the end zone. A penalty had to be called.

+1

Guest jojo1515

I'm no official but I did watch "College Football Final". :)/> For once the talking heads were in agreement. Two ND players were illegally blocking two FSU DB's in the end zone. A penalty had to be called.

Well then it must be true lol. Don't mind video evidence, Espn said it so all else doesn't matter I suppose. That's hilarious

I'm no official but I did watch "College Football Final". :) For once the talking heads were in agreement. Two ND players were illegally blocking two FSU DB's in the end zone. A penalty had to be called.

I agree. It was a very poorly executed pick play.

I'm no official but I did watch "College Football Final". :)/> For once the talking heads were in agreement. Two ND players were illegally blocking two FSU DB's in the end zone. A penalty had to be called.

Well then it must be true lol. Don't mind video evidence, Espn said it so all else doesn't matter I suppose. That's hilarious

I didn't need your video, I watched it over and over on my big screen TV. The "experts" showed the other two ND receivers blocking in the endzone while the ball was in the air. Their several stop-action presentations from different angles were excellent and showed as clear-cut pass interference as one would ever want to see.

Archived