18. Oklahoma, 482

19. Utah, 371

20. Clemson, 320

21. USC, 258

22. Marshall, 247

23. LSU, 155

24. Minnesota, 147

25. West Virginia, 143

Others Receiving Votes: Oklahoma State 141; Duke 116; UCLA 107; Missouri 23; Colorado State 18; Wisconsin 17; Washington 5; Stanford 2.

Associated Press Top 25 Poll

1. Mississippi St., (43) 1,480

2. Florida St., (14) 1,433

3. Mississippi, (3) 1,404

4. Alabama, 1,235

5. Auburn, 1,231

6. Oregon, 1,142

7. Notre Dame, 1,133

8. Michigan St., 1,066

9. Georgia, 1,055

10. TCU, 962

11. Kansas St., 905

12. Baylor, 858

13. Ohio St., 753

14. Arizona St., 643

15. Arizona, 639

16. Nebraska, 537

17. Oklahoma, 461

18. East Carolina, 445

19. Utah, 437

20. Southern Cal, 356

21. Clemson, 283

22. West Virginia, 272

23. Marshall, 184

24. LSU, 177

25. UCLA,118

Others Receiving Votes: Duke 108, Oklahoma St. 91, Minnesota 61, Colorado St. 12, Louisville 4, Missouri 4, Stanford 4, Maryland 3, N. Dakota St. 3, Texas A&M 1.

Still in good shape. Just have to take care of business and we should be in. it would be nice to be able to get into the SECCG and win. That would eliminate the possibility of getting left out.

Baffled by that Michigan State insertion as well. Bizarre. Guess they are trying their hardest to get a Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big 12 playoff. The only way the SEC gets two teams in, is if bama is the other team along with the SEC Champ.

Yep, as far as the AP poll goes, we control our own destiny with finishing in the Top 4 seeing how we still have two of the teams ahead of us on our schedule. Not that the commission will go with that, but I would think it will help with consideration. Our SEC CG chances are still very alive with us winning out and needing help for State to loss twice. They still have Arky, Bama, and Ole Miss to play, so that is doable. It will be the only time this year I pull for West Vance.

I think it's cute that so many people are confident that we are just going to walk our way into the playoff. We look bad on the road in both games and the 3 remaining road games are all against teams that will be in the Top 6 at the time we play them. I see no evidence to suggest we will beat any of them. How long until after we lose to Ole Miss because of turnovers and pass interference calls are y'all going to say, "OK... three SEC West teams in the playoff... chances?"

i mean i should have expected this, i mean it could still happen but...auburn, if they make it to the ship,, more than likely won't be no.1 in the country, know it doesn't matter to most but it would be nice to see that 1 next to Auburn sometimes

I think it's cute that so many people are confident that we are just going to walk our way into the playoff. We look bad on the road in both games and the 3 remaining road games are all against teams that will be in the Top 6 at the time we play them. I see no evidence to suggest we will beat any of them. How long until after we lose to Ole Miss because of turnovers and pass interference calls are y'all going to say, "OK... three SEC West teams in the playoff... chances?"

Folks did not think that team last year stood a chance after the loss to LSU but you see what happened. Yeah, it won't be a waltz, bu we all knew going into this season that we had one of the toughest schedules in all of the country. If the AU team that showed up for LSU, plays again in those tough games, I think we do win out. But if the team that played MSU show up on the road again, we probably lose the road games. If you see no evidence, you have not seen how great this team can play but are only focusing on when the team played poorly.

i mean i should have expected this, i mean it could still happen but...auburn, if they make it to the ship,, more than likely won't be no.1 in the country, know it doesn't matter to most but it would be nice to see that 1 next to Auburn sometimes

As long as we have it when it matters.

Look bad on the road? Ck K-States wins and our schedule then re-post.

Sports media are already talking down our win at KState with pollsters writing stories belittling that win because we didn't have a rushing TD in that game. Don't snort at the suggestion media has an agenda and collective steering power, UF got the national title when we beat them by 10 points AT Gainesville with analysts flat stating that was a tainted AU win from one Leak fumble/pass ref call. Did I mention it was by 10? The Committee is lipstick on the media pig. Bama somewhat and mich state majorly in the polls hint we need every schedule power component and every win to be final 4 this year. Today's miss state/ole miss may become last month's Texas a & m in our schedule strength.

Fun Sucker! We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

"I see no evidence to suggest we will beat any of them"

Can't wait to see how this analysis works out for you.

I can now see how you won the Touchdown bowl in 2012. Just pick against Auburn

He's correct, there is no evidence that we will beat all of them. We can win any of those games, and we can lose any of those games. The odds do not favor us winning all three tough SEC road games.

He's correct, there is no evidence that we will beat all of them. We can win any of those games, and we can lose any of those games. The odds do not favor us winning all three tough SEC road games.

There's some evidence we'll beat all of them. It doesn't amount to a 100% chance; but there's some evidence. But 217 sees no evidence we'll beat any of them. There's a big difference between what he said and what you said he said. You made him sound much more reasonable.

You're correct that we can win or lose any of those games. I suspect we'll be underdogs against both Ole Miss and Bama. Nevertheless, I choose to focus on our chances to win, which are not, contrary to 217, non-existent.

This team can win out if we play like we are capable of playing, i.e, like we played against LSU. We can lose them all if we play like we played against KSU and MSU. Hold on to the ball, get the ball to the playmakers, Williams, Coates, Bray. Play sound defense and make the opponent earn everything they get. And first and foremost Marshall needs to play lights out, actually run the zone read instead of just handing the ball to CAP, take some heat off the throws and hit the guys in stride instead of throwing it 100 mph and above the ozone layer. Basically just settle down and play like you have been there before because you have. No doubt this team has the talent to win out and collect that butt ugly trophy that replaced the crystal ball. It is just a matter of settling down and doing it!

He sees no evidence that we will beat "ANY" of them. Zilch notta zero evidence that we will beat Georgia, Alabama, or Ole Miss.

He has assigned us to, at best, an 8-4 regular season. Deep down inside he probably has us losing to either A&M or uSC which would make Auburn a 7 win team. Maybe he is right but time will tell.

You think I'm cute? Sorry, but I'm taken. Besides, it sounds like you are probably not my type.

Baffled by that Michigan State insertion as well. Bizarre. Guess they are trying their hardest to get a Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big 12 playoff. The only way the SEC gets two teams in, is if bama is the other team along with the SEC Champ.

The Pac-12 (Oregon) and Notre Dame still have their fans too. If either gets gawdy wins and we just squeak by looking sloppy, it's not impossible that national voters could have one of them jump us, for "regional diversity's" sake.

I don't see two SEC teams in the four team playoff. By the time December gets here the SEC West teams will have pretty much disqualified each other, except for the west champ. If the west champ wins the game in Atlanta, they are in. If the west champ loses in Atlanta, all will depend on what else is available out there. For instance, a two-loss SEC team will not replace a one loss Notre Dame team.

Archived