Auburn vs USCe Score Prediction

augolf1716

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought. Looking at the make up of the committee that will make the pick for the playoff, I see a lot of old schoolers and academic folks. I am going to be really surprised if scores are going to be a factor. I think a win is a win with them. Who you eat will factor in. Losses will be counted between home and away, being much better to lose to a good team on the road vs a bad team at home. That said I will be happy with a 1 point win against any opponent left except Samford. The media loves the blowouts but I think the blowout won't phase the committee. JMO. WDE

I think USCe is much better than most people give them credit. The UK and Mizzou losses were freak things where they lost big leads late in the game. I don't think anyone can explain what happened week 1, but that appears to have been an abnormal event.

Anyway, this is still a good and talented USCe team and we have our own issues as well. We haven't had an answer for our blocking and pass rush issues yet.

The biggest question for me is how do we respond to defeat. Last year, AU was a totally different team after the loss and the bye week. However, this isn't last year's team. We can't assume it will happen again this year. I hope that is what happens! But we have to wait and see how the team responds.

My guess:

AU 38

USCe 24

Auburn 28, S. Carolina 24

Just curious... With AU currently leading the conference with 534-yards per game in conference play and 43 PPG in conference play at home, why would you think AU will score only 28 points against a USCe team, allowing 37 PPG in conference play? Not saying it can't happen but was curious to your reasoning.

Last year I started a personal project to develop a score predicting algorithm. Its not perfect, but its definitely a lot more accurate at picking games than I am. Either way, I have a lot of fun looking at its predictions for the upcoming games each week. Its also fun to see what it predicts for hypothetical match ups like AU vs FSU, etc. Anyway, This is the prediction for this week:

Team. . . . . . . Rushing Yards. . . Passing Yards. . . Total Yards. . . Points

Auburn. . . . . . 265. . . . . . . . 305. . . . . . . . 570. . . . . . . 45

South Carolina. . 132. . . . . . . . 230. . . . . . . . 362. . . . . . . 24

If anyone is interested, you can play around with the algorithm yourself:

no links to personal sites allowed here

The latest boxscores and stats are extracted from ESPN every Sunday to improve the accuracy of the predictions.

Last year I started a personal project to develop a score predicting algorithm. Its not perfect, but its definitely a lot more accurate at picking games than I am. Either way, I have a lot of fun looking at its predictions for the upcoming games each week. Its also fun to see what it predicts for hypothetical match ups like AU vs FSU, etc. Anyway, This is the prediction for this week:

The latest boxscores and stats are extracted from ESPN every Sunday to improve the accuracy of the predictions.

I wouldn't expect 300 pass yards unless jj gets some playing time too. Nick has like what, 1 300 yard passing game. I'd like to see us play the same way we did last year. minimize the pass plays, run alot with different backs. since our receivers are better and tre is gone, throw a couple more passes to duke but still keep it below 20 if possible

I wouldn't expect 300 pass yards unless jj gets some playing time too. Nick has like what, 1 300 yard passing game. I'd like to see us play the same way we did last year. minimize the pass plays, run alot with different backs. since our receivers are better and tre is gone, throw a couple more passes to duke but still keep it below 20 if possible

Noted. I'll update my algorithm to better reflect what you think auburn should do. No, I'm kidding. You make some good points. After all, if I thought the algorithm was perfect, I wouldn't be sharing it, I would be getting rich off of Vegas.

AU......51

USC...17

Noted. I'll update my algorithm to better reflect what you think auburn should do. No, I'm kidding. You make some good points. After all, if I thought the algorithm was perfect, I wouldn't be sharing it, I would be getting rich off of Vegas.

What were your projections for the games we have already played this year. If they only have 362 yards on O I think 24 is a bit high, IMHO. Trust your work and adjust your work, good job seems like it was a fun project

Archived