Auburn is still really really good.

ReidMcLain

We gave Arkansas their worst loss by 24 points, their second worst game was a 12 point loss

We gave San Jose their worst loss by 46 points, their second worst game was a 17 point loss

We gave Kansas State their worst loss by 6 points, their second worst game was a 1 point win

We gave La tech their 2nd worst loss by 28 points, their worst game was a 32 point loss

We gave LSU their worst loss by 34 points, their second worst game was a 5 point loss

We were 4 points away from giving all of our opponents their worst loss by a significant margin this year, now let's examine our one loss

We gave Miss State their 3rd closest win by 15 points, their 1st closest win was LSU by 5 points, their 2nd closest win was UAB by 13 points

Notes on MSU.

*LSU scored the game's final 19 points in the final 12:34 and 13 points in the final 1:55

*The UAB game can be considered an anomaly. There's really no explaining this one

*Miss State turned 3 Auburn turnovers into 21 points, Auburn turned 3 Miss State turnovers into 13 points, both teams threw a pick in the red zone so those essentially cancel each other out

*We had 6 red zone trips with 2 TDs 2 FGs and 0 points twice. Miss State had 6 red zone trips with 4 TDs 1 FG and 0 points once.

*Sammie coates and the defensive back both interfered on a 66 yard reception, but Sammie Coates get's called for pass interference. I would not bring this one up if it did not blatantly seem like a bad enough call on the field. It was an extremely late flag and cost Auburn early momentum and perhaps a touchdown while down in the 3rd quarter while down 28-13 attemping to mount a comeback.

The loss to Miss State all came down the inopportune turnovers, poor red-zone efficiency on offense and defense, and huge play negating penalties called against Auburn

With all this being said Mississippi State is still a very good team and even at our best with few turnovers or flags, it would still be a very close game.

Great post. MSU a great team and would love a rematch-- it could go either way. Important part is that our position in polls and the games to take place within the top five still has us in excellent position.

Nobody is questioning how good this team is or can be. What we want to see is consistency and so far this team has been anything but. Key words are so far so don't get your knickers in a wad. We need to see this team come out and put South Carolina away and not dawdle around. They can play a little sloppy and probably still win but if they do that doesn't bode well for going into the Ole Miss game.

Auburn is good, but not as good as we'd hoped they'd be by this time of teh season. Inconsistent. Serious flaws in the O line. Serious flaws in the D outside line.

Granted, I haven't seen a team play yet this year that I didn't think had some serious flaws, but I don't care about any of them but Auburn. I'm not sure if ours can be corrected. I hope they can.

What were you folks saying this time last year ? Because win loss wise we are equal, only difference is that we played a tougher schedule this year. Still will have to see how they finish but I have yet to see a CGM team not improve as the year goes forward. No reason to doubt this team at all at this point. May not be pretty but I doubt any other team out there could have done better against our schedule so far, The only one without a loss is MSU who beat us at their house. FSU that would be probably a 3-3 team at this point and OM's big win came at home against the mullet heads. Everyone else has lost one against a team that most likely is worse than MSU. Just some perspectives. WDE

AU had 441 yards (withOUT the 62 yard should have stood Coates reception) against the #1 team in the country. Of course there was no chance of "sneaking up on" anyone this year. KSU, the other team that has limited our offense, looks pretty strong.

With all that being said...what if: AU wins out and Miss St remains undefeated until losing to Ole Miss (whose only loss is to AU) in the Egg Bowl, the SEC West team wins the SECCG, and there are 3 one-loss teams in the West???? The almighty 4 game playoff blows up the very first year! I'd love to see it happen (I think)!

MSST is not a top 4 or even a top 8 team. Had AU played our normal game we would have won in a laugher.

Mississippi State has a legit case to be ranked above every team in the country. Had Auburn won, Mississippi State could have easily made it to the playoffs. Mississippi State has a pretty strong team so I don't know what you are talking about

MSST is not a top 4 or even a top 8 team. Had AU played our normal game we would have won in a laugher.

Played our "normal game" on offense or defense?

Maybe you're right, I don't know, but I would feel much better thinking that AU lost to the #1 team in the nation because of not playing their A Game, rather than think that AU lost to a patsy....

Drunken post alert. Just re-watching the Miss St game and I have a premonition that we will have the chance to play them again and will put that game right. Just a visceral reaction but it does not seem so out of the realm of possibility if we beat Ole Miss and Bama beats Miss St and then we beat Bama. War damn!

Drunken post alert. Just re-watching the Miss St game and I have a premonition that we will have the chance to play them again and will put that game right. Just a visceral reaction but it does not seem so out of the realm of possibility if we beat Ole Miss and Bama beats Miss St and then we beat Bama. War damn!

Or we beat ole miss whom turns around and beats moo state. Can't and will never pull for bama! Sorry

Remember the old saying about never as bad as it looks and never as good as it looks, well football is a lot like that. No team plays its best every week. Was MSU as bad as it was in UAB or as good as it was against AU. Was USCe as bad as it was vs TAM or as good as it was against uga. Was uat as bad as it was against arky or as good as it was against TAM. Truth is teams have good days and bad days and they are somewhere between them. So what you look at is their body of work. Most all the experts out there will say AU had one of the toughest first half schedule (and second half also). Based on how they handled it they have shown to be a very good team. uat on the other hand has had a very weak schedule based on what we know now (preseason picks are a joke) and they have not played well. Before the year started most folks had TAM picked #6 in the SEC west. They come in and beat the crap out of USCe that was a top 25 pick and all of a sudden everyone turns away from the fact that TAM lost most of their fire power and anoints them the best team in the country. Now after three devastating losses all of a sudden a uat team that lost to OM, barely survived arky and played poorly all first half has all those folks ready to proclaim them #1 because they beat TAM. As the general on the committee said today, just hold tight the truth will prevail. I for one think we are still in the top 4 in the country and will finish that way. WDE.

Archived