I hope you are ready...

InfernoOrangeSS

...for what Bruce Pearl is going to do to Auburn Basketball. It won't be this year, but very soon. Be prepared for AU to be in the upper echelon of NCAA basketball. He is going to make us into something we have never seen. A perennial winner who is consistently showing up in the Final Fours. I can not tell you guys how significant this hire was. JJ didn't just hit a home run. He won the World Series of coaching hires.

I can not wait for my beloved AU to be in the conversation in March every year.

War Damn Eagle!!!

I am very happy with the changes made so far. We should make any SEC team dread playing us in Auburn Arena this season.

...for what Bruce Pearl is going to do to Auburn Basketball. It won't be this year, but very soon. Be prepared for AU to be in the upper echelon of NCAA basketball. He is going to make us into something we have never seen. A perennial winner who is consistently showing up in the Final Fours. I can not tell you guys how significant this hire was. JJ didn't just hit a home run. He won the World Series of coaching hires.

War Damn Eagle!!!

:iamwithstupid:

War Damn Eagle!!!

:iamwithstupid:/>

:)

I've probably never been excited about a hire at Auburn more than us hiring Bruce Pearl as our Basketball coach. The only hire that would come close for me was Pat Dye. This was a home run hire of epic proportions and Auburn basketball is about to reach heights never seen before. The arena will finally be put to good use. It will be full this year, even though most know a championship caliber team isn't going to happen over night. The Auburn arena may very well become the toughest place to play in the SEC in the very near future. I am READY and I will be watching every game.

I've probably never been excited about a hire at Auburn more than us hiring Bruce Pearl as our Basketball coach. The only hire that would come close for me was Pat Dye. This was a home run hire of epic proportions and Auburn basketball is about to reach heights never seen before. The arena will finally be put to good use. It will be full this year, even though most know a championship caliber team isn't going to happen over night. The Auburn arena may very well become the toughest place to play in the SEC in the very near future. I am READY and I will be watching every game.

^^This^^ will happen

You were really excited about Wyoming's coach who called us " The University of Auburn"? ;)

You were really excited about Wyoming's coach who called us " The University of Auburn"? ;)

It's also the day the Wyoming's coach said "it's not a matter if Auburn will be good but how good" ;)

You were really excited about Wyoming's coach who called us " The University of Auburn"? ;)/>

It's also the day the Wyoming's coach said "it's not a matter if Auburn will be good but how good" ;)/>

"How long will it take to beat Alabama?"

Dye-- "60 minutes."

You were really excited about Wyoming's coach who called us " The University of Auburn"? ;)/>

It's also the day the Wyoming's coach said "it's not a matter if Auburn will be good but how good" ;)/>

Dye-- "60 minutes."

:bow: true.... classic

I was accepting of Dye because I knew someone on the committee that interviewed the candidates. This guy told me that Dye was by far the most impressive person they interviewed. I was, as I said, accepting of Dye but not really excited. He came here with a thorough mix of Alabama arrogance and Georgia gross. We got most of that out of him but it took a couple of years.

I was excited about hiring Bob Davis to coach basketball back in the '70's and he had several good teams but then flamed out.

About Pearl, I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't know of anyone that would have been a better hire for Auburn, but I want to see a couple of his AU teams play ball before I get all giddy.

I was excited when Barbee and Galloway came ... I'm going to remain optimistic, but not more than that.

Pearl has already exceeded the previous 4 years with enthusiasm, campus/student interaction and recruiting. Looking forward to the on court performance being better and the crowd being pumped up for legit reasons.

I am impressed with the fact that coach Pearl has had a record of success and anticipate that we will see an extension of same at AU. However I always temper my optimism by being reminded of a couple of phrases of wisdom:

"The proof is in the pudding"

"Predicting is difficult; especially the future."

Give the fans a great product on the floor and they will rock that arena off the map. That is a fact. Proved that in the 90's.

And Pearl will do that. :yes:

Dye-- "60 minutes."

00:01-----Gus Malzahn. ;)

Heck we proved in the 70's when Coach Bob Davis was there with fast Eddie Johnson and the crew

And Mike Mitchell.

Pepto Bolden and Stan Pietkiewicz

Heck we proved in the 70's when Coach Bob Davis was there with fast Eddie Johnson and the crew

And Mike Mitchell.

Pepto Bolden and Stan Pietkiewicz

Run into Stan every now and then my wife company does business with New Traditions Bank here in Orlando. Stan is Chairman

http://www.ntbank.net/home/about/board

I believe we will be a competitive team this year because of some improvement in quality of players and because of Coach Pearl being a great coach who will coach up the players. That said I don't expect us to be gangbusters this year as we really don't have any big men in the middle. It will take time. The class coming in next year will be the real turn around season at Auburn.

That said I expect this years team to be competitive, play their hearts out and make Auburn proud. I wish I lived closer so I could see the start of something great this year even if it won't meet some of the unrealistically high expectations some people seem to have for this year.

I hope I am wrong and the people who seem to think greatness arrives this year are right. :wareagle:

Archived