The missed call in the FSU game no one talks about...

boisnumber1

When FSU scored their TD to go ahead late in the game, there should have been a penalty called to move the ball back to the 6 instead of their being awarded a TD. Being a former official, I kinda like to look for screw-ups, but it was obvious to me in watching the game live that the center on this play held the ball down below his shoulders before snapping the ball. His shoulders and helmet were obviously beyond the ball. Now you don't want to get nitpicky with this, but calling it on this play was not nitpicky. It was very obvious and should have been flagged. The fact that NEITHER side judge called this, well...I just have a hard time believing they didn't see it and realize it was a penalty. Just my take, but as I've said before, stuff like this is why I stopped officiating. Sorry the pic is bad quality.

10658600_280942972115824_2868387158617513913_o.jpg

The fix was in, too much money is at risk for the ACC with Felony State.

If the NCAA comes in and investigates like they should, lots of FSU wins should be vacated and a lot of cash might be at risk.

What irks me is that this was done specifically to get an advantage near the goal line. Watch any center, including this one when he's not on the goal line, snap the ball. To correctly snap the ball, the arm is extended forward. In this case, the center deliberately changed his stance to gain an advantage - he is closer to the goal line AND the stance without his arm forward allows him to already have his weight more forward. That should automatically draw the flag, but not against FSU. If I had FSU on the schedule, I would already be letting the media get ahold of this. It's something they are coached to do, and will do it until a ref with nads calls it,

Well, the problem now is that the officials will call it, on Free Seafood University's 11th touchdown drive against Northwestern Tallahassee Vocational Tech - South Campus.

Another missed call no one is discussing is the FSU DB that removed his helmet after the TD was scored (then called back). This was an easy call and should have been a dead ball, Personnel Foul.

The same side judge that didn't see the center hold the ball down below his shoulders before snapping the ball, is the same side judge that didn't see the FSU DB remove his helmet!!

When FSU scored their TD to go ahead late in the game, there should have been a penalty called to move the ball back to the 6 instead of their being awarded a TD. Being a former official, I kinda like to look for screw-ups, but it was obvious to me in watching the game live that the center on this play held the ball down below his shoulders before snapping the ball. His shoulders and helmet were obviously beyond the ball. Now you don't want to get nitpicky with this, but calling it on this play was not nitpicky. It was very obvious and should have been flagged. The fact that NEITHER side judge called this, well...I just have a hard time believing they didn't see it and realize it was a penalty. Just my take, but as I've said before, stuff like this is why I stopped officiating. Sorry the pic is bad quality.

Good eye!

Archived