My favorite takeaway from Malzahn's conference

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn might get whupped if he did hold back. Remember, USC beat Georgia so there is some potential there.

They also lost to UK, Mizzou that also just got clobbered by UGA, and A&M that just got shutout by bammer. They are realing, and yes you can't count the ole Ball Coach out, but we should win going away.

Phillip Marshall said it best, the season is like a double elimination tournament. Auburn is now in the losers bracket. They have to do everything possible to win each game. No holding back....

This season has been funny two of the teams I had a ? about as far as if we could beat them may turn out to be fairly easy wins ( SC and A&M) and two teams that I thought would be wins maybe not easy but still wins ( Miss St. and Ole Miss.) are hard. Right now I'm not overlooking Ole Miss but I think we will beat them I think the hardest two games will be Ga. and UA both are geting better each week. I hope that this week we show that we are too.

Phillip Marshall said it best, the season is like a double elimination tournament. Auburn is now in the losers bracket. They have to do everything possible to win each game. No holding back....

I think this is pretty accurate. I also think this is going to be an annual thing. First 4 or 5 games will be up and down then he will turn it loose. Some years it will work. Some years it won't.

This season has been funny two of the teams I had a ? about as far as if we could beat them may turn out to be fairly easy wins ( SC and A&M) and two teams that I thought would be wins maybe not easy but still wins ( Miss St. and Ole Miss.) are hard. Right now I'm not overlooking Ole Miss but I think we will beat them I think the hardest two games will be Ga. and UA both are geting better each week. I hope that this week we show that we are too.

I've watched OM get better each week too. Wallace has played with more confidence/consistancy and the defense is more dangerous than just about any in the conference. OM defense will give our online & Marshall fits - this may be a game where our defense carries the load and takes us to victory.

This was originally a key game before the season began. This could become a trap game real easy if we get caught looking ahead to Ole Miss and overlook them. I don't think Gus will let that happen but the Ole Ball Coach can't be taken for granted on any given Saturday. We need to win this one big.

I'm officially looking ahead! I think AU will crush the 'Cocks and we will all feel great about our offense again, we will get our confidence back in the coaches, schemes, players and we will be riding high going into Oxford for a true battle on the Nov 1st.

I'm officially looking ahead! I think AU will crush the 'Cocks and we will all feel great about our offense again, we will get our confidence back in the coaches, schemes, players and we will be riding high going into Oxford for a true battle on the Nov 1st.

Love the confidence, I really do, even if I dont share it. I hope we beat them and will be happy getting on to Oxford with 6 in the W column.

Sounds like Gus is trying to let folks know that he isn't sandbagging - question the playcalling and the execution all you want, it is what it is and he is using every bullet in his arsenal.

I still wonder can he make this running game look good (relative to 2013's amazing, good would be accepted)

I still would like for him to come out and confirm whether or not Racean is starting

Watch our offense this weekend - SoCarl made Kenny Hill look like a Heisman contender and we saw what a decent defense did to him when aTm played MSU/OM/UAT. Opponents are averaging 31 ppg against that SOS defense ~ AU will score 40+ pts on Saturday.

I still wonder can he make this running game look good (relative to 2013's amazing, good would be accepted)

I still would like for him to come out and confirm whether or not Racean is starting

In what world is 262 rushing yards per game (14th in the country) not considered "good"?

Somebody isn't reading or understanding StatTiger's posts about our running game. Barring injury to CAP, you will first see Racean start in next years' opening game. Unless, of course, Gus decides to rest CAP and start Roc against Samford.

Normally teams don't like off weeks after a loss but with Gus and his coaching staff, I am hopeful that they have made the adjustments and decisions necessary to move forward. The running game has been solid, when you look at stats and yards, but I must admit (even as a sunshine pumper) the running game has not been dynamic and the lack of consistency seems to rear it's ugly head at bad times, especially 1st downs.

As much of a "coach-speaker" as Gus is, I feel like he's given enough info (for ME anyway) to feel like he has made some adjustments to improve this running game in the areas of deficiency. Also, it sounds like they are actively addressing the issue of knocked-down passes through Coach Grimes' work so this weekend will be VERY interesting to see if those improvements and changes take hold.

In what world is 262 rushing yards per game (14th in the country) not considered "good"?

in the world where I stated that is was "good" compared to 2013

Somebody isn't reading or understanding StatTiger's posts about our running game. Barring injury to CAP, you will first see Racean start in next years' opening game. Unless, of course, Gus decides to rest CAP and start Roc against Samford.

I didn't know StatTiger's posts determined my wishes and beliefs.

in the world where I stated that is was "good" compared to 2013

I didn't know StatTiger's posts determined my wishes and beliefs.

Relative to 2013's amazing 320+ per game, any rational person would consider 262 well above average, or as one might say "good". 2013 was an anomaly, something that will likely not be duplicated for a long time. 262 rushing average in the SEC will suffice.

If 2013 is good, we will not be a good running team this year. In fact, no team playing football above the high school level will be a good running team this year. Sorry to disappoint.

Archived