Melvin Ray

milehighfan

When the season started Melvin Ray seemed to be a big part of the receiving corps. Now, you rarely hear anything about him. Is he hurt or what?

Probably has something to do with inconsistency, when it comes to blocking.

Interestingly, he's playing basically the same number of snaps. He's averaged 31 snaps per game and played 28 snaps in the State game (link). He's not getting looks in the pass game, but he's on the field about the same amount.

Odd for sure. We just have so many quality WRs and one ball. We need more 1st downs. I think the offense turns it back up from no on.

And Jaylon Denson. He looked to be a contributor last year prior to his injury.

I guess we need Marshall throwing two passes each down to have enough to go around.

I think Gus tried to feature as many players as possible in the early part of the schedule in order to see what he has. This will best prepare him for this unbelievably difficult stretch of games they have going forward.

A lot depends on the defense. Who they put their best DBs on. GM and RL are looking for the best matchup. Also as always all QBs tend to favor certain WRs. NM seems to like Duke and Sammie (probably for good reasons) but he has thrown to a lot of different WR. WDE

And Jaylon Denson. He looked to be a contributor last year prior to his injury.

I guess we need Marshall throwing two passes each down to have enough to go around.

I read the other day that Denson still isn't quite 100%. With all the talent in the WR group I think it'd be hard to break into the rotation without having your normal burst.

Melvin sure looks the part. When was running down the middle of the field with the ball against FSU i remember thinking where has this guy been?

Archived