Which top 10 team(s) will lose this week?

AU64

Almost every week one or more of the top 10 has bitten the dust.

Everyone looks pretty certain ...but last week who would have thought WVa would beat Baylor? Ole Miss is the only team playing a top 25 team (LSU)....so could the Bayou Bengals pull the big upset?

Can AU get back on track?

So this week....will any of the top 10 take a loss?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope not. Ole Miss needs to be undefeated when AU goes in there.

Agreed, it would be in Auburn's best interest for Ole Miss to win every game they play, except against us.

I don't see LSU being able to do much against that Ole Miss D, but LSU is gonna give them their best shot.

I think this game will look like some of Ole Miss' earlier wins. Low scoring til very late and Ole Miss pulls away by a couple of scores.

Nope, none.

Wrong, oh great one. LSU upsets Ole Miss.

Did LSU find a QB?

Don't know but, I am counting on Bo Wallace reverting back to being Bo Wallace.

I think it's unlikely that LSU musters any scoring against Ole Miss from its offense. Points could still happen (see Mizzou against Florida, where they had returns for TDs from a fumble, an interception, a kickoff return, and a punt return); but I think Ole Miss will score more.

Nope, none.

Did LSU find a QB?

I think it's unlikely that LSU musters any scoring against Ole Miss from its offense. Points could still happen (see Mizzou against Florida, where they had returns for TDs from a fumble, an interception, a kickoff return, and a punt return); but I think Ole Miss will score more.

Don't forget, LSU scored a bunch in the second half against Wisconsin and, scored 28 (I think) against a very good Mississippi St. defense. LSU is at home also.

Nope, none.

Did LSU find a QB?

Don't forget, LSU scored a bunch in the second half against Wisconsin and, scored 28 (I think) against a very good Mississippi St. defense. LSU is at home also.

Miss State had the scrubs in the game at that point, though; and Wiscy isn't good.

As to the other issue raised in this thread, I think it's to our great advantage to beat an undefeated, 3rd ranked Ole Miss in Oxford.

LSU will need big breaks to crack double digits on Ole Miss. It's a combination of things. LSU can't hurt Ole Miss in the passing game, which allows their front seven to T-off against the run game. Bad offense against a great defense. That's a bigger mismatch than our offense against Carolina's defense (which is a huge mismatch). Ole Miss has the best defense in this conference since the Bama and LSU defenses in 2011. It's not sexy. It's just brutally efficient. LSU's only hope was getting Ole Miss to overlook them, but their last two wins nipped that in the bud.

If any top ten team is losing this weekend, I'll go with TCU in a letdown/sandwich game against a decent offense (Texas Tech played close with Okie State and WVU), Oregon falling back asleep on the road on Friday night against a good offense (Cal is averaging 41 ppg in 5 conference games and 49.5 ppg if you exclude their clunker against Washington), or MSU overlooking Kentucky after the basketball Cats laid an egg. For me, those are in decreasing order of likelihood.

The last time OM visited BR ranked 3rd in the country was back in 1959. LSU won 7-3 as Billy Cannon rode the punt return to infinity. The HAT has him dressing out Saturday night. What is never told about that season is that OM kicked LSU's a$$ in a rematch in the Sugar Bowl. Funny thing is the score was 21-0. LSU doesn't do well with rematches.

This won't be an easy win for OM. And I look for State to struggle at KY. The further into the season we go the gag factor will increase for teams like OM and State. This is uncharted territory for them. Playing for these kind of stakes this late in the year. I have the impression our beloved Auburn Tigers have been affected by this type of pressure this year. Losing to State has relieved Auburn of this to a degree. It's alot easier to get there than it is to stay there.

three of the top 10 are off (FSU, ND, Georgia). I jsut don't think LSU can pull it over OM this week and hoep they don't (like another poster stated, I wante them undefeated when we beat them on the road). MSU will handle a tough Kentucky - so as stated earlier, Cal over Oregon or TexasTech over TCU woud probably be the best choice of who, if any, fall this week. But that is why they play the game - who knows, maybe Butch Jones pulls a rabbit out at Neyland and the tide takes a tumble this week....

Oregon, Alabama & Ole Miss have road games they could very well lose against underachieving teams with nothing to lose, that on paper they should throttle. IMHO.

They don't play this week. But I look for uGA to revert back to the "Real" uGA. Playing uninspired, rely on Todd to do it all, Mason throwing picks football. Like we know they are capable of!!

The last time OM visited BR ranked 3rd in the country was back in 1959. LSU won 7-3 as Billy Cannon rode the punt return to infinity. The HAT has him dressing out Saturday night. What is never told about that season is that OM kicked LSU's a$$ in a rematch in the Sugar Bowl. Funny thing is the score was 21-0. LSU doesn't do well with rematches.

This won't be an easy win for OM. And I look for State to struggle at KY. The further into the season we go the gag factor will increase for teams like OM and State. This is uncharted territory for them. Playing for these kind of stakes this late in the year. I have the impression our beloved Auburn Tigers have been affected by this type of pressure this year. Losing to State has relieved Auburn of this to a degree. It's alot easier to get there than it is to stay there.

Billy Cannon? 1959? Who needs Golf?

I'm going with Tennessee over Alabama only because of the hate spewing from those 100,000+ fans in that stadium. On paper Tennessee doesn't stand a chance, but an Alabama letdown after a 59-0 win at home over #21 (cough, cough) Texas A&M, plus the return of Kiffin to Knoxville looms large in this revenge game for the Vols. 27-25 Vols on a blocked last-second FG attempt by Bama.

Archived