Friday Locker Room Tours

ScubaSteve

I've done it and I thought it was worth it. You get to check out just about everything. The only area that was limited were the lockers holding the players equipment. I did it during the LSU weekend (it was pretty expensive but came with a catered dinner inside the indoor practice facility).

I've never done it at AU, but have had the privilege of being inside some major program's locker room/facilities and I can assure you it is definitely a really cool thing to see. We, as fans, never get to see that side of the program so IMO its really cool.

We did it last year the Friday of the Iron Bowl and it was free, you just had to wait in a long line. No catered dinner for us (so Vatz must be talking about something different in his post above). You walked through the locker room and through the tunnel and onto the sidelines (could not go on any portion of the field itself). We took a bunch of photos, including with the Heisman and National Championship trophies.

I thought it was pretty interesting and worth the 20 or so minutes we waited in line.

We did it last year the Friday of the Iron Bowl and it was free, you just had to wait in a long line. No catered dinner for us (so Vatz must be talking about something different in his post above). You walked through the locker room and through the tunnel and onto the sidelines (could not go on any portion of the field itself). We took a bunch of photos, including with the Heisman and National Championship trophies.

I thought it was pretty interesting and worth the 20 or minutes we waited in line.

I did it last year and had pretty much the same experience as above. I thought it was worth it.

I did the free tour in 2012 on a Friday morning. We got their early and there was not much of a line. Well worth the effort. Given the state of AU football in 2012, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

Archived