2016 4* CB John Broussard (AU commit 5/7/15)

ellitor

5/07/15 Update: Broussard commits to AU!

CEaMmBDWYAI58ea.jpg

"(Will Muschamp is) a great defensive mind and most of his defenses were ranked in the top 10," Broussard told AL.com. "I hear from him, Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) and Coach (Gus) Malzahn a lot. I just like the love I get when I come up there. Auburn wasn't really known as a defensive school, but now that they have some great defensive coaches, they're going to be pretty good."

http://www.al.com/sp...sard_commi.html

To thank his coaches, 4-star CB John Broussard made them Plaques ... .Class move for the new #Auburn commit.

4-star DB John Broussard says it was a lot closer than you'd think between #Auburn and #MississippiState. Has great respect for Bulldogs.

@Keith247

JOHN-BROUSSARD-150.JPG

John Broussard, CB

Phenix City, AL (Central)

Ht: 6'0 | Wt: 164 lbs | 40: 4.66

- Recruiters: Lashlee (P), T-Rob (S)

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 133, No. 12 CB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 42, No. 6 CB)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 151, No. 13 CB)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank - No. 184, No. 14 CB)

Offers: Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Penn State, South Alabama, South Carolina, Southern Miss and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3487315.JPG

Photo: Keith Niebuhr/247Sports

CEaaPzcWIAML0wr.jpg

Photo: 247Sports

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as we have talked about him I can't believe we did not have a thread for Broussard.

Per AUC JB will commit on December 18th and has a final 5 of AU, LSU, FSU, UGA, and UK. AU and UK are recruiting him the hardest and he has the best relationship with the AU staff. Most of his family lives in Lousiana. It's likely an AU-LSU battle with AU appearing to have the edge.

Had the chance to see Broussard a couple times so far this year at Central. What impresses me more than his coverage skills is his willingness to come up and make plays in run support. This is the kind of guy that we absolutely need. We haven't had a true lockdown corner for a long time.

I like his height and although is is very thin, at 168 pds, he is just a Jr. Hopefully he can put on 15 to 20 pds and keep his speed before he enrolls. He has become a hot topic lately.

I like the Chatter on him lately with AU. He is committing on Dec 18th because it's his Mom's B'Day. He is all about his Mom. IMO, that makes him a less likely flip candidate.

I like the Chatter on him lately with AU. He is committing on Dec 18th because it's his Mom's B'Day. He is all about his Mom. IMO, that makes him a less likely flip candidate.

He pushed back his commit date until May according to KN. Broussard broke the news to a BOL insider first.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Change-of-plans-for-4-star-DB-Broussard-32318949

He pushed back his commit date until May according to KN. Broussard broke the news to a BOL insider first.

http://auburn.247spo...ussard-32318949

We have been doing pretty well getting our share of local DB recruits lately. I put my money on AU here.

• 2 weeks later...

Came down to watch John play tonight. Will let y'all know how he does.

2017 LB Benton should be fun to watch! Let us know after the game is over.

Halftime here in PC. Central's leading 17-7. JB played the first two drives on defense then seemed to disappear. Saw him on the sideline and seemed to be limping a bit. MB has played pretty phenomenally. Always on the play and plays really big. I'm impressed with both. Y'all might remember the old Slot reliever AU target (Commited to Louisville) Tre Smith? He scored a TD on the first drive then seemed to tweak something in his calve. Has a boot on now.

Halftime here in PC. Central's leading 17-7. JB played the first two drives on defense then seemed to disappear. Saw him on the sideline and seemed to be limping a bit. MB has played pretty phenomenally. Always on the play and plays really big. I'm impressed with both. Y'all might remember the old Slot reliever AU target (Commited to Louisville) Tre Smith? He scored a TD on the first drive then seemed to tweak something in his calve. Has a boot on now.

Traveon Samuel I think. Great information though!

Central ended up winning 20-14. JB ended up having a concussion. Traveon Samuel had a fracture in his leg. Markail Benton played great. He's got everything you want in an LB. Good coverage and played really big. Got to talk to Markail after the game, says he's liking Auburn. Used AU gloves and had a AU towel. I gave him a War Eagle and he said the same! John Broussard is a pretty quiet guy from what I can tell. Although, it could've been from the concussion.

Central ended up winning 20-14. JB ended up having a concussion. Traveon Samuel had a fracture in his leg. Markail Benton played great. He's got everything you want in an LB. Good coverage and played really big. Got to talk to Markail after the game, says he's liking Auburn. Used AU gloves and had a AU towel. I gave him a War Eagle and he said the same! John Broussard is a pretty quiet guy from what I can tell. Although, it could've been from the concussion.

I hope JB is ok.

On another note. How did CPC only beat Murphy by 6? Murphy is not that good. CPC should have won by 3 TDs. I hope that CPC shows up for the rematch against my Prattville Lions next Friday, which I can't go to because I have to work the AU men's and women's basketball season opening games. :'(

I hope JB is ok.

On another note. How did CPC only beat Murphy by 6? Murphy is not that good. CPC should have won by 3 TDs. I hope that CPC shows up for the rematch against my Prattville Lions next Friday, which I can't go to because I have to work the AU men's and women's basketball season opening games. :'(/>

AWWWWW poor pitiful E. :)

I hope JB is ok.

On another note. How did CPC only beat Murphy by 6? Murphy is not that good. CPC should have won by 3 TDs. I hope that CPC shows up for the rematch against my Prattville Lions next Friday, which I can't go to because I have to work the AU men's and women's basketball season opening games. :'(/>

Samuel breaking his leg is probably why the game was so close. He's their best playmaker by far. I don't think it would have been that close if he were healthy.

Yeah Samuel is easily one of their best players. Wish we still would've recruited him hard and got his commitment. Talked to some friends and said that he's committed to Louisville but he's hoping we start recruiting him again. He REALLY liked Auburn before we stopped recruiting him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived