Michael Savage rails against PTSD sufferers: ‘No wonder ISIS can defeat our military’

AUUSN

Hey Michael Savage, one who never served, keep your comments on this subject to yourself. Stick to your bats&^t conspiracy theories.

Conservative radio host Michael Savage recently launched into a fiery rant against those who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, arguing that the “celebration of weakness and depression” has undermined the United States and its military.

“No wonder we’re being laughed at around the world. No wonder ISIS can defeat our military,” Mr. Savage said about veterans with PTSD during his radio program on Oct. 14, Mediaite reported.

In the clip, first picked up by Right Wing Watch, the former MSNBC host begins by railing against a plan to rename a San Francisco tunnel after actor Robin Williams, who committed suicide in August. He then gets into a heated argument with a caller from Cleveland named Bob, who said he is a veteran with PTSD and supports the San Francisco plan. The conversation devolves into a shouting match until Mr. Savage abruptly ends the call.

“I am so sick and tired of everyone with their complaints about PTSD, depression,” the host began. “Everyone wants their hand held, and a government check. What are you, the only generation that had PTSD? The only generation that’s depressed? I’m sick of it. I can’t take the celebration of weakness and depression.”

“See, I was raised a little differently,” he continued. “I was raised to fight weakness. I was raised to fight pain. I was raised to fight depression. Not to give into it. Not to cave into it and cry like a little baby in bed. ‘Boo-hoo-hoo. Boo-hoo-hoo.’ Everyone has depression in their life. Everyone has sickness and sadness and disease. And loss of relatives. And loss of career. … It’s a weak, sick, nation. A weak, sick, broken nation. And you need men like me to save the country. You need men to stand up and say stop crying like a baby over everything.”

Mr. Savage then shifted his attention to what he perceives is a weakness among American men that is preventing them from creating stable families.

“They don’t even have the guts to raise a child,” he said. “The men are so weak, and so narcissistic. All they want to do is have fun. Bunch of losers. Just go have a brewski and look at the 49ers, you idiot, you. They won’t even get married, won’t have a child, it takes too much of a man to do that. What a country. You’re not a man, you’re a dog. A dog raises babies better than most American men do.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/21/michael-savage-rails-against-ptsd-sufferers-no-won/#ixzz3GtjiwH5x

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Michael Savage speaking out of his depth again. How his show remains so popular is a mystery to me. Hate sure is popular these days.

This is the only part that I agree with him on, the other part, what a lunatic:

Mr. Savage then shifted his attention to what he perceives is a weakness among American men that is preventing them from creating stable families.

“They don’t even have the guts to raise a child,” he said. “The men are so weak, and so narcissistic. All they want to do is have fun. Bunch of losers. Just go have a brewski and look at the 49ers, you idiot, you. They won’t even get married, won’t have a child, it takes too much of a man to do that. What a country. You’re not a man, you’re a dog. A dog raises babies better than most American men do.”

This tard needs to approach SSGT Ty Carter and tell him he's just "trying to get a check."

PTSD_secondary_01.jpg

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/10/06/tour_of_duty_ptsd_ty_carter_iraq_afghanistan_military_veterans

In The Iliad, Achilles experiences such overpowering sadness and rage after his closest friend dies outside the walls of Troy that he contemplates suicide. Achilles later publicly mutilates his friend's killer in revenge. In The Odyssey, Homer plaintively asks, "Must you carry the bloody horror of combat in your heart forever?" For centuries, soldiers have returned from combat beset by lifelong bouts of depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness. They have felt disfigured and debased by war, even if they suffered no physical injuries. "I don't believe I am the same being I was two weeks ago," a Civil War soldier named Walter Lee wrote to his mother in 1862. "I don't think as I used to and things don't seem as they did."

The names given to those types of psychological and emotional responses have changed over time, but their high human toll has remained grimly constant. Soldiers shattered by the carnage of World War I were told they had shell shock. By 1919, 38 percent of the veterans in U.S. military hospitals were "mental and nervous cases"; by the mid-1930s, that number had spiked to more than 56 percent. During World War II, military doctors said soldiers suffered from "combat fatigue" -- an inability to fight due to anxiety, depression, and listlessness. The mental and emotional strains were so intense throughout that war that roughly 438,000 U.S. troops were discharged from the military for so-called psychiatric reasons, a little-known statistic that gives a sense of the anger, depression, and guilt that had built up in those fighting on the battlefields of Europe and the Pacific.

The Vietnam War took an even higher emotional toll. Troops fought guerrillas who wore no uniforms, hid among civilians, and emerged from the shadows to kill and maim American soldiers before disappearing again. U.S. forces responded with acts of sheer savagery, from the wholesale slaughter of civilians to the mutilation of enemy corpses. Some soldiers smuggled drugs and alcohol onto their bases, and returned home with severe substance-abuse problems; others killed their own officers and enlisted personnel in what became known as "fragging." Veterans returned to the States feeling like they'd left essential parts of their humanity on the battlefields of Vietnam. One veteran of three combat tours told clinical psychiatrist Jonathan Shay that, physically speaking, he returned looking almost exactly the same as when he had left; his psychological state, however, was another matter. Old friends didn't recognize the angry, moody, and occasionally violent man who had come home. "I'd be sitting there calm as could be, and this monster would come out of me with a fury that most people didn't want to be around," he told Shay. "It wasn't just over there. I brought it back here with me."

This is the only part that I agree with him on, the other part, what a lunatic:

"They don't even have the guts to raise a child," he said. "The men are so weak, and so narcissistic. All they want to do is have fun. Bunch of losers. Just go have a brewski and look at the 49ers, you idiot, you. They won't even get married, won't have a child, it takes too much of a man to do that. What a country. You're not a man, you're a dog. A dog raises babies better than most American men do."

Yes, that truly describes the typical American male. :-\

Savage's rantings are as ridiculous as those of someone saying Southern Baptists are responsible for the mess in Liberia.

Coward. Can't even call me out by name. If you think these equate then you need serious help. I'm just glad I'm not you; what a bitter human. Quit trolling me because I am done responding to you.

Mr. Savage may have a sliver of a point in that rant, but it was deep sixed by the overbearing and short sided comments throughout his expression of free speech. Loser!

Mr. Savage may have a sliver of a point in that rant, but it was deep sixed by the overbearing and short sided comments throughout his expression of free speech. Loser!

Concur completly. Are their people abusing the PTSD angle, absolutely as I've encountered them. However those cases are few and certainly those who truly suffer don't deserve to be lumped in with them.

Mr. Savage may have a sliver of a point in that rant, but it was deep sixed by the overbearing and short sided comments throughout his exp<b></b>ression of free speech. Loser!

Concur completly. Are their people abusing the PTSD angle, absolutely as I've encountered them. However those cases are few and certainly those who truly suffer don't deserve to be lumped in with them.

It's the norm for both sides to use this tactic to try and destabilize a situation. It's one of the reasons why I am no longer associated with either machine.

He's a different cat, to be sure. His name isn't one which often comes to mind when 'conservative' talk radio is the topic. I'm guessing he has his audience, and makes a fine living and all. And he's written a long list of books.

His real name is Michael Weiner. He later changed to Savage.

He has the same birthday ( March 31st ) as Al Gore. ( So much for astrology )

He holds master's degrees from the University of Hawaii in medical botany and medical anthropology and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in nutritional ethnomedicine. As Michael Weiner, he has written books on herbal medicine and homeopathy; as Michael Savage, he has written four political books that have reached the New York Times Best Seller List.

" I'm not religious. Do I believe in God? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't." - Michael Savage.

I just ordered this book but in reading a couple of reviews, already recommend it:

When Major General Mark Graham and his wife Carol lost their two sons--one to suicide and one in combat--they were astonished by the drastically different responses their sons' deaths received from the U.S. army. THE INVISIBLE FRONT is the unforgettable and sensitively reported story of the Grahams' decision to channel their grief into fighting the armed forces' suicide epidemic and making PTSD and mental illness more visible in the military. Against the backdrop of the military’s ongoing suicide spike, THE INVISIBLE FRONT is a profoundly human story that details America's problematic treatment of the troops who return from war far different than when they'd left and uses the Graham family’s work as a new way of understanding the human cost of war and its lingering effects off the battlefield.

Invisible-Front-for-website.jpg

AUSN.....you call me coward for not calling you by name. FACT is I was referring to Bart Barber, the author of the article you linked. Here it is:

http://erlc.com/article/why-southern-baptists-must-aid-liberia

I was comparing him to Savage in the ridiculousness of their articles. That's my opinion but it seems lately that anyone who disagrees with you has a serious problem and is bitter. I suggest you examine your attitude and recognize you have a problem. And me trolling you? Surely you jest or your ego is bigger than your britches.

And if you care not to respond to anymore of my posts that will truly be heart breaking and I probably will be bitter. (LMAO)

AUSN.....you call me coward for not calling you by name. FACT is I was referring to Bart Barber, the author of the article you linked. Here it is:

http://erlc.com/arti...ust-aid-liberia

I was comparing him to Savage in the ridiculousness of their articles. That's my opinion but it seems lately that anyone who disagrees with you has a serious problem and is bitter. I suggest you examine your attitude and recognize you have a problem. And me trolling you? Surely you jest or your ego is bigger than your britches.

And if you care not to respond to anymore of my posts that will truly be heart breaking and I probably will be bitter. (LMAO)

IMG_511707349655452.jpeg

This rant seems quite a bit over the top but I will say they aren't the rantings of a mad man. Savage has a PHD in Epidemiology. Not saying that qualifies him to insult service members experiencing problems but the guy is not a clueless fool.

http://erlc.com/arti...ust-aid-liberia

:rolleyes:

AUUSN....I bet SGM Davis is a man who would admit he was wrong if he called someone names.

LMFAO!!!!

You do know that dude is fake!? Are you sure you served?

This rant seems quite a bit over the top but I will say they aren't the rantings of a mad man. Savage has a PHD in Epidemiology. Not saying that qualifies him to insult service members experiencing problems but the guy is not a clueless fool.

What if his intent ( which I'm not claiming I know ) was to insult those who use PTSD as a convenient excuse, and a con, while the actual # of those who may in fact suffer from it is much much lower ?

Could that be possible ?

What if his intent ( which I'm not claiming I know ) was to insult those who use PTSD as a convenient excuse, and a con, while the actual # of those who may in fact suffer from it is much much lower ?

Could that be possible ?

Could be but he had ample air time to qualify his remarks. He didnt.

Ptsd is real. So many veterans are not taken care of the way they deserve . it pains me. I will say this though, almost every veteran i know is receiving disability checks for some type of bs ailment that they do not have. Most are as able as i am and some work with me. I have heard many brag about it. Then they complain about welfare programs and democrats. So this could be what sparked the rant.

Ptsd is real. So many veterans are not taken care of the way they deserve . it pains me. I will say this though, almost every veteran i know is receiving disability checks for some type of bs ailment that they do not have. Most are as able as i am and some work with me. I have heard many brag about it. Then they complain about welfare programs and democrats. So this could be what sparked the rant.

I completely agree but we've got to be smart about adressing fraud. This doesnt help because we are trying our hardest to get people to disregard the old thinking that "you just need to suck it up buttercup" and seek help. Suicide is now the leading cause of death among service members, even surpassing vehicle and combat deaths.

Archived