Landmark M at Michigan gets painted spartan green

cooltigger21

My favorite Michigan story: the school used to bring a live wolverine on a leash (yes, the actual mean tempered, dangerous critter) to football games until it tangled with the Navy goat - which understandably got the worst end of the fight.

By today's standards, it's mild, but it's still vandalism. Drape an MSU banner over it or something, put a jersey on a statue - those are funny and harmless. Or at least use that washable paint that gets your point across and at the same time says I'm not trying to damage anything. I just have no respect for anyone who can't respect someone else's property - regardless of what their excuse is for doing it.

That's going too far, pure vandalism.

It's one thing to paint on a rival school's property, but to paint over something that's been around for decades like that, it's flat out vandalism.

Harmlessly taping a rival jersey on a statue ? Funny.

This ? Not so funny.

Understand your point of vandalism by spray painting. You can clean paint off of a building, rock or sidewalk. I had of rather Updyke of sprayed statues than to of poisoned trees.

The fact that UM had it cleaned within 12 hours of it happening should prove that its more of a prank than vandalism.

And that proves it how?

I think, in this instance, the prank IS vandalism.

Taping a #2 jersey to the statue of a drunk old coach is a prank, spiking trees with..., well you get the idea.

Would've been funnier to dump 50 LBs of green glitter on Main Street.

Ha! Just about anything would have been funnier. As far as "pranks" go, this one is about as boring and unimaginative as it gets. Just demonstrates the intelligence of one who stoops to spray-painting vandalism though.

Archived