Kiffen's Mama

ToraGirl

OMGoodness...the flavor of the day on ESPN while at the gym was "Around the Horn"--the guys answered the question, "Is Kiffen's life in danger this weekend in Knoxville?" Apparently his mama thinks so. Woody Paige, a UT-affiliate (grad?) was the only one who said yes...and that he needn't enter the stadium at all..."send him down the Tennessee River or tie him to that wire that moves across the field." Hilarious...great way to end a workout!

This article is probably where the round table guys got their fodder for thought...

http://www.cbssports...ol-of-hard-knox

My favorite quote..."Robin Kiffin, though, is a mother and a longtime coach's wife, and she isn't so sure. She attributes the villain hat placed on Lane's head to "jealousy" for his success at such a young age and for having a beautiful wife." Mmm, mmm, mmm.

"Rocky Top...you'll always be...home sweet home, to me..."

:wareagle:

There are some coaches that get one shot at a big time program and fail. Then they go back to the small schools or being an assistant coach somewhere. Kiffen has been given 3 chances as a head coach for an NFL team and 2 Big 5 teams. He's failed everywhere.

Only Charlie Weiss has a better stick going. He manages to stay as the HC much longer and collect long term contracts, but still loses getting him fired.

Why are NFL and colleges programs so desperate that they take these type coaches.

OMGoodness...the flavor of the day on ESPN while at the gym was "Around the Horn"--the guys answered the question, "Is Kiffen's life in danger this weekend in Knoxville?" Apparently his mama thinks so. Woody Paige, a UT-affiliate (grad?) was the only one who said yes...and that he needn't enter the stadium at all..."send him down the Tennessee River or tie him to that wire that moves across the field." Hilarious...great way to end a workout!

This article is probably where the round table guys got their fodder for thought...

My favorite quote..."Robin Kiffin, though, is a mother and a longtime coach's wife, and she isn't so sure. She attributes the villain hat placed on Lane's head to "jealousy" for his success at such a young age and for having a beautiful wife." Mmm, mmm, mmm.

His life is probably in as much danger every day in tuscaloser as it will be Saturday. As for Woody Paige, you couldn't find a bigger idiot if you spent your entire life looking for one ^-^

If the Vols haven't burned Lane in effigy or put up billboards demonstrating their hatred like the corndogs did when Saban returned to BR the first time, then Kiff should make put ok.

And Woody Paige is a moron.

UT is much better off with their current coach, who is on the process of turning around the gigantic mess that is UT football, than to have kept Lame Kitten, who helped create it. They should be thankful he left. They have another whuppin coming on Saturday but in a year or two they will be competitive again.

UT should (and maybe they do) let hindsight tell them that they came out better in the end, even though their current record doesn't show it. I think Butch Jones will get them turned around. They only have themselves to blame by hiring him in the first place. If I recall correctly, there were already the warning signs back then that he was a flaky (& shady) character.

"Kiffin and his wife give birth to a son, who they named Monte (after his father, the current USC defensive coordinator) Knox (short for Knoxville, home of the University of Tennessee) Kiffin. Two years later, Kiffin tells ESPN that he and his wife had decided on the middle name prior to his hiring at Tennessee."

"Kiffin also took time to throw jabs at Alabama coach Nick Saban shortly after national signing day in 2009. After hiring linebackers coach Lance Thompson away from Alabama, Kiffin said, “Nick Saban should have started his press conference by saying, ‘Our great class that we signed… I’d really like to thank [Thompson] because Lance signed eight of those guys.’” In turn, Thompson promised that Alabama’s days of raiding prospects from Memphis, one of Tennessee’s recruiting hotbeds, was over. One day later, Saban signed a prospect from… Memphis."

"In August [2012], Kiffin told reporters that he had not given USC his vote for No. 1 in the preseason USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll. After it was revealed that he had in fact voted the Trojans No. 1, Kiffin decided to not continue as a member of thieseason’s voting panel."

Wow! He is a PERFECT fit in west vance!!

Wonder why saban likes him so much? As far as Al Davis goes, you have to really be a lair, to be fired for lying, to Al Davis! I mean Al, always appreciated a-little lying and dirty stuff, by his coaches and players!

"The first time I've ever let anyone go, based on what I call, just a flat our liar". - Al Davis

If the Vols haven't burned Lane in effigy or put up billboards demonstrating their hatred like the corndogs did when Saban returned to BR the first time, then Kiff should make put ok.

And Woody Paige is a moron.

So you disagree with Woody about his "feelings" for Kiffen? The mental picture of him riding the wire across the field was hilarious. But then again, I have lived in East Tennessee...and loved it. To each his own! :jossun:

lame's Mom should be more concerned that the munchkin may give her son a good old fashioned mctat spanking!

Just more silly Kiffen family drama. The apple never falls far from the tree. I guess we know which branch Lane came from because he has absolutely no coaching talent but he sure does talk big....

Where ever bama plays on the road, either they or their spouses are in GREAT peril.

:-\

lame's Mom should be more concerned that the munchkin may give her son a good old fashioned mctat spanking!

THAT scenario is not that farfetched!

Archived