Jeremy Johnson

Proud Tiger

Had to cross my fingers when I opened this thread. Glad it's a good news story.

Can we make it an AUF policy to be more descriptive with our thread titles?

For example: "Auburn is lucky to have Jeremy Johnson" as the article is titled.

Thanks.

Yep. I love me some Nick; but I'm also looking forward to seeing the offense under JJ as starter.

Is this era of Auburn football defined by looking forward to next year while simultaneously enjoying the hell out of this one? I really don't know how to deal with these emotions. I'm'a go find another thread and argue with somebody.

I just hope Duke and Sammy stick around for the fun next year. JJ throwing it about 40 times a game and hitting those 2 in stride with about 15 each every Saturday would be something to see. I think all 3 would end up being first rounders in the 2016 draft.

Jeremy Johnson (to quote Coach Malzahn), is a STUD!!

Cannot wait to see him lead the Tigers. If I were Sammy and Duke, I would want to come back for my senior year with Jeremy in the QB position. Jeremy is going to be one of the top NFL QB picks when he is done on the plains.

He has incredible accuracy and scans the field well. Auburn is in great shape for the QB position even after this year is over.

I just wished we could put a phonebooth in our "playbook"...Let Nick Go in and let JJ come out FIRING!! and see a total opened up passing type of offense FOR A COUPLE OF SERIES.

:bananadance: :bananadance:

What is the likely hood of losing JJ to the NFL after the 2015 season?

That question is impossible to answer. If he dominates on the field, then there is a pretty good chance he declares as his talents would be in demand. It all depends on how much he grows and how he shows out next season.

JJ throwing it about 40 times a game

Yeah, that isn't going to happen...even with Johnson at QB.

I agree. During his collegiate coaching career, his offense has attempted 40 passes or more in 8.7% of his games, posting a 4-6 record, when doing so. I could see 30 at the max.

JJ throwing it about 40 times a game

Yeah, that isn't going to happen...even with Johnson at QB.

I agree. During his collegiate coaching career, his offense has attempted 40 passes or more in 8.7% of his games, posting a 4-6 record, when doing so. I could see 30 at the max.

I get the feeling that Gus's theory is that you pass to make the run game go.....or pass when you can't make the run game go....either way...the pass is not his first choice as a primary offensive plan.

Gus has said he believes in a balanced offense where balance is not a 50/50 run or pass. The balance is to be able to use either the run/pass to attack what a defense is giving you.

His first year at Tulsa (2007)he had a passing QB like JJ and and he threw 517 times in 13 games for an average of 40 per game. I think it really depends on what talent he has at his disposal. ( even in 2008 his QB averaged 32.4 passes per game) WDE

His first year at Tulsa (2007)he had a passing QB like JJ and and he threw 517 times in 13 games for an average of 40 per game. I think it really depends on what talent he has at his disposal. ( even in 2008 his QB averaged 32.4 passes per game) WDE

That was playing in a mid-major conference. This is the SEC; if you can't run the ball, you typically don't win. The offense changed a lot because a lot of the stuff he was doing at Tulsa simply doesn't work against the talent you find in this conference.

That was playing in a mid-major conference. This is the SEC; if you can't run the ball, you typically don't win. The offense changed a lot because a lot of the stuff he was doing at Tulsa simply doesn't work against the talent you find in this conference.

Bingo. Auburn might be 60-40 run to pass next year but no way are they throwing 40 times per game or something is seriously wrong.

I'm in no hurry to lose nick marshall. This year's struggles notwithstanding, his judgment out of the option is rare and as Gus says, he's amazing when the game's on the line. In fact IMO nick and Marcus marioto at Oregon are 2 of the best option QBs ever. JJ may be terrific in his own right but enjoy this while we can.

I do think Gus will have far more passing in his arsenal with JJ at the helm. I think we will see just how well JJ can run the spread option. He probably has more speed than what we have seen. He might not be as fast as Nick, but will have more than enough to make defenses respect his skills. I think if anything, we will more lethal than we have been since Gus became the HC. I cannot wait until Roc, and the other highly touted RB recruits coming aboard for next summer.

AU is Blessed to have JJ. His time will come...

AU is Blessed to have JJ. His time will come...

... and gone and will come again. Down and behind Miss State, in the rain, and after too-many turns overs. GUS blew-it by not allowing the team and JJ to pass themselves back into the game. This is not about creating QB controversy, this is about going with what you got at hand, when the what you have been doing stops functioning. That's what a backup is for !!!!..... for when you need him !!!!.... and then backing up to what's got you, to the good place, to begin with !!!

I want a second opinion from Spurrier. If you think a dominant JJ with a couple hot receivers and underaxhieving running game doesn't result in Malzahn throwing the ball 40+ times, you're crazy. Then only thing about Gus that can be pigeonholed is that he can't be pigeonholed. Do you think our November 2010 offense was what Malzahn pictured in August 2010? He likes to run but WILL play to his strengths.

I want a second opinion from Spurrier. If you think a dominant JJ with a couple hot receivers and underaxhieving running game doesn't result in Malzahn throwing the ball 40+ times, you're crazy. Then only thing about Gus that can be pigeonholed is that he can't be pigeonholed. Do you think our November 2010 offense was what Malzahn pictured in August 2010? He likes to run but WILL play to his strengths.

Why would our running game be "underachieving" with a stable of talented linemen and star-caliber runningbacks? You are making an assumption that is based off of zero factual evidence. At this point, with the talent that we have recruited, there is no basis to assume that we will be so bad running the ball that we will be forced to throw it "40 times per game" next year.

I'm giving you the facts. If we're throwing the ball 40 times a game next season, it will be because we are losing games and are playing catchup, not because Malzahn all of a sudden decided to field an Air Raid offense. Name the last pass-dominant Champion SEC team....there is none in this modern era. Texas A&M had a Heisman winning QB, a superstar receiver, and dominant OT's protecting said QB and how did they fare? 4th in the SEC West last season and 3rd the year before that.

Our running game will be through the root next year!

Some are forgetting not only Roc but also Javon Robinson coming in along with Kerryon Johnson. We are going to be stack at Running Back in 2015!!

Johnson will definitely increase our passing game, but our running game will be in great shape as well.

What is the likely hood of losing JJ to the NFL after the 2015 season?

JMO, I do not think JJ will leave for the NFL after starting only 1 year in college. I think the NFL would prefer JJ to have 2 years under his belt.

Let's not forget about Sean White either. He is potentially Auburn's version of Joe Montana.

Archived