Who starts? OL Edition

AUpreacherman22

I know it's way too early for this. But I thought it would be fun.

Considering we have most of our OL guys coming back next year and we will get to add Kozan and Golson in the mix, when we take the field in the opener who do you think will be our starting OL?

My guess:

LT Coleman

LG Kozan

C. Dampeer

RG Danzey

RT B. Smith

I would add Golson to the starting list. Golson started as a true freshman and is extremely talented.

Golson and Young are hard to keep out of the lineup for sure. I really don't know much about Dampeer. Any chance one of these other guys can play Center better than him?

The 5 most capable. :wareagle:/>

I believe that prediction will hold up.

Let's hope right?

Miller or Golson will be 2nd center...IMHO

Shon still has not impressed me at all yet, so I don't see how he's a shoe in to start

He hasn't been able to play competititve football for years, this is his first round of competition since high school, the SEC, the fact that he is in the starting lineup is a sign of what his ability can be.

Shon still has not impressed me at all yet, so I don't see how he's a shoe in to start

He hasn't been able to play competititve football for years, this is his first round of competition since high school, the SEC, the fact that he is in the starting lineup is a sign of what his ability can be.

But he still hasn't shown it yet, so why is he a shoe in to start when I guarantee you that Braden Smith could replace any OL that we have other than Reese, and Kozan. Just because someone has ability does not mean they ever reach full potential.

But he still hasn't shown it yet, so why is he a shoe in to start when I guarantee you that Braden Smith could replace any OL that we have other than Reese. Just because someone has ability does not mean they ever reach full potential.

Your argument could be used on Braden Smith as well. Why are you so sure Smith could replace Kozan or Young? His ability? Are you 100% sure Smith's ability will reach his potential?

But he still hasn't shown it yet, so why is he a shoe in to start when I guarantee you that Braden Smith could replace any OL that we have other than Reese. Just because someone has ability does not mean they ever reach full potential.

Your argument could be used on Braden Smith as well. Why are you so sure Smith could replace Kozan or Young? His ability? Are you 100% sure Smith's ability will reach his potential?

I added Kozan to my previous post FYI, and secondly Smith has more speed, quickness, strength, and you don't find many OL like Braden smith. You can find plenty of chad slade's and avery young's out there. Braden Smith would be an all american in any conference. Have you seen him when he's come in at guard? Sometimes you need that guy thats just going to block somebody, and other than reese this year we have not had that. The tipped passes for instance will tell you that we haven't had OL that have engaged defenders, especially in pass protection.

I added Kozan to my previous post FYI, and secondly Smith has more speed, quickness, strength, and you don't find many OL like Braden smith. You can find plenty of chad slade's and avery young's out there. Braden Smith would be an all american in any conference. Have you seen him when he's come in at guard? Sometimes you need that guy thats just going to block somebody, and other than reese this year we have not had that. The tipped passes for instance will tell you that we haven't had OL that have engaged defenders, especially in pass protection.

I don't disagree with you on Smith, but a years worth of experience and a full off-season might bring back why he was the #1 Tackle in the country, I am guessing the coaches see something as well, hopefully the bye week has helped Shon work on what he needs to adjust to.

I didn't catch the edit.. I'm just saying I don't expect him to be our best lineman next year. To assume that on his physique and small sample of playing time is absurd.

I didn't catch the edit.. I'm just saying I don't expect him to be our best lineman next year. To assume that on his physique and small sample of playing time is absurd.

Plain and simple with reese gone, Smith/Kozan will easily be our best lineman next year. Ive seen him drive guys out of the picture, Im not basing things on physique. Smith is an old school mauler, Shon, Danzey, Slade, and Young are not.

I don't disagree with you on Smith, but a years worth of experience and a full off-season might bring back why he was the #1 Tackle in the country, I am guessing the coaches see something as well, hopefully the bye week has helped Shon work on what he needs to adjust to.

I can agree with that. He needs atleast a year and if he performs well, we can start talking the draft and best offensive lineman awards. Just last year, people thought Shon Coleman would be drafted in the first round this year. And you don't have to tell me twice that Braden has power. Braden will be a beast.

Kozan is recovering from a back issue, with back issues you never really know if they guy will really be the same. Smith has great tools and has looked good when in but it is to early to say he will be great. Potential to be great but until playing regularly in the SEC it is all conjecture. Coleman is very strong but might be better at right tackle as he seems to have real issues with speed rushers. Also we have some quality Freshmen coming in so who knows maybe one of them can make the leap. Maybe Kim at center.

There is absolutely no proof, nothing on film, nothing that has been shown that Smith is a better player than young. One thing that we have seen though is that the o line is much better with young at tackle. Every year you guys hype somebody up to unbelievable levels without a reason

Archived