Cream Bassist Jack Bruce Dead At 71

augolf1716

RIP Jack pure genius

Jack Bruce, singer and bassist of classic rock band Cream, died at the age of 71, hisfamily confirmed on his Facebook page Saturday.

"It is with great sadness that we, Jack’s family, announce the passing of our beloved Jack: husband, father, granddad, and all round legend. The world of music will be a poorer place without him, but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts," the Bruce family wrote.

A rep for Bruce confirmed to TMZ that he died from liver disease.

An acclaimed bass player for Cream, Bruce also sang lead vocals on Cream songs like "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room." The group, whose members also included Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.

Cream reunion at Royal Albert Hall

Man, I have been on a serious nostalgia trip recently. Saw John Prine in concert couple of weeks ago and I have been on the verge of crying ever since. Then I started listening to "classic vinyl" on Sirius. Now this.

There's still plenty of musicians from that era around though. All the best concerts have grey-haired musicians IMO.

I actually went and saw Clapton in Atlanta and Bham this year. I joked about I should do it before he dies, not really thinking about the fact that he is 69 and it quite possibly could happen. Scary.

I saw Clapton in '08 at the BJCC. Derek Trucks was playing with him. Trucks was the better guitarist on that stage that particular evening.

Was expecting more Cream and Derek and the Dominos tunes(I don't recall then playing any--maybe White Room). However, he just played the hits.

Archived