Do you or do you not like "this" Nick Marshall

Dual-Threat Rigby

An effcient clutch guy who is gonna be more lethal to run the ball than throw the ball? Or did you like the guy who was forced to toss the ball more downfield and had the higher numbers.

To make my opinion, I have to see him against Ole Miss, or just a defense that's decent. If he can continue this near perfect streak throwing percentage wise and light up the scoreboard, I'm straight.

We ALL need to appreciate Nick and his play….wait until he is gone and regardless how Jeremy plays next season, he doesn't get rattled, and he makes big plays…he is able to 'extend' plays…..he is a special player, and I'm glad he's own our team…..just think where we'd be w/out him….

I'll take this NM any day, I like when he actually makes a read on the zone read as opposed to the automatic give. He is absolutely deadly peeling around the edge.

Nick was great tonight as well be should have been against the 2nd worse D in the SEC. He was "on" tonight and I personally don't think it mattered who was on the other side of the ball, he would have been unstoppable IMO. You could just tell he was feeling it.

I like the Nick Marshall from tonight's game. It certainly appeared he was making a definite read and not a predetermined handoff or QB run. And the coaches using the pass only when we had a high percentage situation. If he is allowed to make the read-option decisions himself, without pre-determined calls, I believe we get most of our old offensive power back. Now the Defense is becoming a worry and I had expected their growth in the right direction to continue.

I think Nick Marshall is, without a doubt, our best chance to win. Others will disagree but I am with Nick.

Agree. He just brings another deminsion that is hard for defenses to defend against despite not being a very efficient passer. I've been riding with Nick from day one and always will unless he is hurt. He is a key reason we were playing for a NC and will be the reason if we're able to get back.

NM is poetry running the ball up the middle. No one does it like him. He doesn't juke, he only steps this way or that. It is a beautiful thing. A thing we should appreciate before its gone.

It's like he's gliding....but gliding very fast. lol.

NM is poetry running the ball up the middle. No one does it like him. He doesn't juke, he only steps this way or that. It is a beautiful thing. A thing we should appreciate before its gone.

Exactly right.

I like the dual threat potential Marshall give us. He is fast and runs the Zone read as well as anybody.

As a passer he is just average at best. As an option based QB with the ability to beat you with his legs, he is the best.

CAP is a good back, but we underestimate how valuable Jay Prosch and Tre Mason actually were. Look at what Tre did against Seattle Seahawks last week in the NFL.. Tre was and is a special player and that has a lot to do with the play of Marshall this year.

Marshall has improved, and he has more weapons in the receiving core, but less in the backfield. When he is forced into passing only type situations is where the weaknesses show. As long as we are in the Zone Read type situations, where we do not have to play catch up, Marshall is our best shot. When it comes to playing catch up and going to the air, I feel better with Jeremy Johnson back at the QB position.

I've thought all season that Marshall has been forced into being a passing QB. He's not that guy. Last night it appeared that Gus turned him loose and let Nick run "his" offense. You see the result, and I have little doubt if he'd have had to stretch the field on a go route he'd have nailed it.

I think Nick Marshall is, without a doubt, our best chance to win. Others will disagree but I am with Nick.

I absolutely agree with you. I think he's performed good this year, he needs some help from his recievers and the H - back the rest of the season and he will look as fantastic as I think he is

He was successful because the offense was executing, new wrinkles, and he wasn't asked to throw the ball much. He played very well and was utilized correctly. Good Job by the whole offense, attribute part of the success to good coaching finding new ways to move the ball down field.

Archived