Week 10 Polls

Proud Tiger

USA Today/Amway Coaches' Poll

1. Mississippi State (41) 1,528

2. Florida State (21) 1,508

3. Alabama 1,351 (AU vs. Bama @ Bryant-Denny, 11/29/14)

4. Auburn 1,276

5. Michigan State 1,269

6. Oregon 1,217

7. Notre Dame 1,170

8. Georgia 1,069 (AU vs. UGA @ Sanford Stadium, 11/15/14)

9. Ole Miss 1,067 (AU vs. Ole Miss @ Vaught-Hemingway, 11/01/14)

10. TCU 1,057

11. Kansas State 979

12. Baylor 848

13. Ohio State 817

14. Arizona State 712

15. Arizona 652

16. Nebraska 623

17. LSU 455

18. Utah 454

19. East Carolina 448

20. Oklahoma 444

21. Clemson 304

22. West Virginia 290

23. Marshall 217

24. Duke 134

25. UCLA 107

Associated Press Poll

1. Mississippi St. (46) 1,486

2. Florida St. (14) 1,453

3. Alabama 1,290 (AU vs. Bama @ Bryant-Denny, 11/29/14)

4. Auburn 1,267

5. Oregon 1,199

6. Notre Dame 1,161

7. Mississippi 1,095 (AU vs. Ole Miss @ Vaught-Hemingway, 11/01/14)

8. Michigan St.1,086

9. Georgia 1,074 (AU vs. UGA @ Sanford Stadium, 11/15/14)

10. TCU 1,030

11. Kansas St. 930

12. Baylor 839

13. Ohio St. 676

14. Arizona 669

15. Arizona St. 667

16. LSU 574

17. Nebraska 535

18. Utah 524

19. Oklahoma 430

20. West Virginia 379

21. East Carolina 366

22. Clemson 265

23. Marshall 184

24. Duke 121

25. UCLA 106

I'm also a little surprised. It may be a little unpopular, but I don't think that we should have moved ahead of MSU. They played a rivalry game and won handily, we struggled against an unranked team. IMO the rankings should not have changed from last week, other than Ole Miss dropping.

But hey, these rankings don't mean anything, and I'm all for us being in the top 4. But if we are going to make the playoffs, our defense has to get a LOT better.

Hopefully being ahead of Michigan St, Notre Dame, and Oregon in the Coaches and AP poll (assuming it stays the roughly the same as last week), will be indicative of what the first committee poll will look like. If Auburn wins out, it's hard to imagine getting hopped by another 1-loss team, even if Mississippi St ends up winning the west. So starting out in or around the top four could be very helpful towards a potential bid to be a second SEC team to get in.

Surprised only up 1 or that we're that high? Our 1 loss is to the current #1 on the road and we beat a current top 10 team on the road. Bama lost to current #9, has no wins vs anybody highly ranked and they're ahead of us? What, Tennessee is impressive? FSU fans here in Tallahassee are going crazy, they see their pansy ACC schedule not impressing pollsters and it's an SEC conspiracy.

I'm also a little surprised. It may be a little unpopular, but I don't think that we should have moved ahead of MSU. They played a rivalry game and won handily, we struggled against an unranked team. IMO the rankings should not have changed from last week, other than Ole Miss dropping.

But hey, these rankings don't mean anything, and I'm all for us being in the top 4. But if we are going to make the playoffs, our defense has to get a LOT better.

Absolutely. If that defense that played last night shows up against Ole Miss, UGA and Bama then Auburn is in trouble.

Absolutely. If that defense that played last night shows up against Ole Miss, UGA and Bama then Auburn is in trouble.

I think you meant if the AU team that played LSU shows up against Ole Miss, UGA, and Bama, then THEY are all in trouble...

I think you meant if the AU team that played LSU shows up against Ole Miss, UGA, and Bama, then THEY are all in trouble...

Yep...you understand the issue....

BTW...this week is a good example of why it was so important for AU to start the season in the top 5. If we had opened they year at say #18....we. would probably be up to 10 or 11 about now.....and a win like yesterday would not help us rise in the standings.

The good news is that as long as we keep winning we are not likely to drop in the rankings..no. matter what the score..

We have seen that team one time out of 7 games. If that team shows up, then yeah everyone else is in trouble. If the team that played last night and against MSU shows up then we are in trouble. I have given up trying to predict what this team is going to do. I'll just sit back and watch it all unfold.

If the O that played last night shows up the rest of the year, I feel good about our chances of running the table, despite the obvious hole in the defense.

You can always expect Sunday to see the same ole folks, spouting the same ole crap. WE WON. Get over it already. Uat let UT run up as may yards as they had, I bet their fans are not on their site talking about how lucky they were to win. Dang even SS said they did everything possible but throw the kitchen sink at us and we still one. They went 6 for 14 in third downs that is the reason they had to attempt 6 forth down attempts. They got luck on them, and SS called double reverses, QB throw backs, every trick play in the book. It was a sign of serious desperation. SS knew another loss and he was out of contention. Sometimes I would like to see someone check for credentials from supposedly AU Fans on message boards. Lets talk about rushing 395 yards against an SEC opponent. I don't see to many teams out there that can do that. We beat OM next week , that's what we need to talk about. By the way for you naysayers, I really expect AU to be in the top 4 when the real poll comes out Tuesday. Only Us and ND have a loss to a non-beaten team. We have a road win against the #11 team and a home win against the #16 team. We easily have the best 1 loss record out there right now. Also the committee has already stated that they will look at who you lose to or win against but scores are not going to matter. So get this style point thing out of your head. WDE

You can always expect Sunday to see the same ole folks, spouting the same ole crap. WE WON. Get over it already. Uat let UT run up as may yards as they had, I bet their fans are not on their site talking about how lucky they were to win. Dang even SS said they did everything possible but throw the kitchen sink at us and we still one. They went 6 for 14 in third downs that is the reason they had to attempt 6 forth down attempts. They got luck on them, and SS called double reverses, QB throw backs, every trick play in the book. It was a sign of serious desperation. SS knew another loss and he was out of contention. Sometimes I would like to see someone check for credentials from supposedly AU Fans on message boards. Lets talk about rushing 395 yards against an SEC opponent. I don't see to many teams out there that can do that. We beat OM next week , that's what we need to talk about. By the way for you naysayers, I really expect AU to be in the top 4 when the real poll comes out Tuesday. Only Us and ND have a loss to a non-beaten team. We have a road win against the #11 team and a home win against the #16 team. We easily have the best 1 loss record out there right now. Also the committee has already stated that they will look at who you lose to or win against but scores are not going to matter. So get this style point thing out of your head. WDE

I agree with you but there's not many others who will.....

I love that we won but South Carolina is a bottom tier team this year. They had to pull out all the stops to hope to have a chance to win. They play UT and UF yet for conference games and can easily win or lose each of those games. I'm guessing they split. Auburn cannot play that way against the remaining schedule and win out. Now I'm not saying they can't do it. I agree it's not about style points as such but you can't play like that and expect to beat better teams. The Auburn team that played the last two games will lose at least one more time, probably two. If the team that showed up against LSU shows up then they will likely win out. Ole Miss is an up and down team like we are. You never know what you are going to get. UGA and Alabama are good enough to beat us without having to resort to doing what South Carolina did last night and we have to go to both of those places this time. Those two teams will be highly motivated after the way we won those games last year. I'm not predicting gloom and doom just pointing out that this team has issues it must fix if they want to win out and make the playoff.

I love that we won but South Carolina is a bottom tier team this year. They had to pull out all the stops to hope to have a chance to win. They play UT and UF yet for conference games and can easily win or lose each of those games. I'm guessing they split. Auburn cannot play that way against the remaining schedule and win out. Now I'm not saying they can't do it. I agree it's not about style points as such but you can't play like that and expect to beat better teams. The Auburn team that played the last two games will lose at least one more time, probably two. If the team that showed up against LSU shows up then they will likely win out. Ole Miss is an up and down team like we are. You never know what you are going to get. UGA and Alabama are good enough to beat us without having to resort to doing what South Carolina did last night and we have to go to both of those places this time. Those two teams will be highly motivated after the way we won those games last year. I'm not predicting gloom and doom just pointing out that this team has issues it must fix if they want to win out and make the playoff.

UGA is good enough to beat us, but apparently not South Carolina.

Posters have been whining about the defense for years. Unless every single game is a total shut out massacre of the other team there will be complaints. Whether AU wins or loses doesn't seem to matter.

Gus has the philosophy of one game at a time. I'm sticking with that.

UGA is good enough to beat us, but apparently not South Carolina.

Go figure. As the old saying goes on any given Saturday. It's crazy.

Who cares about polls? Win and you are in! Simple math and simple logic. And also, win by any means, any way and any how. Bottom line, no cares how you win or how you lose. At the end, it is only about the W.

Who cares about polls? Win and you are in! Simple math and simple logic. And also, win by any means, any way and any how. Bottom line, no cares how you win or how you lose. At the end, it is only about the W.

Close, but no cigar. We not only have to win out, but Mississippi State has to lose twice for us to go to Atlanta, much less the CFB Playoff. It also does matter how you win or lose according to the people making the CFB Poll, aka deciding "who's in".

From the College Football Playoff Website: The selection committee will choose the four teams for the playoff based on strength of schedule, head-head results, comparison of results against common opponents, championships won and other factors.

Well. If we win out I think we will be in the top four whether we go to Atlanta or not. It is a tall task but it means we would have won on the road at Oxford, Athens, Tuscaloosa and Manhatten KS.

Not talking bout Atlanta. We can't control that. Win the rest and it will be very hard to leave us out. Winning is all we have control over. Style won't matter, that is only tv talk.

Not talking bout Atlanta. We can't control that. Win the rest and it will be very hard to leave us out. Winning is all we have control over. Style won't matter, that is only tv talk.

I wouldn't put all my stock into style being just TV talk. That is exactly how aTm shot to the top with all the points and passing yards they put up early. Then when they played someone, they were revealed for not so great. Styale is the eye test everyone keeps mentioning.

IMO, this new system willbe just as subjective as pre-BCS just include 2additional teams.

Nicely said. Too bad most on here won't take notice. USC is still a dangerous team despite their won-loss record. I'm not surprised at all they gave AU a tough game last Saturday. On to Ole Miss. I just finished watching the replay of Ole Miss & LSU. LSU proved that they can run on Ole Miss's D. I think AU can do the same. WDE ... one game at a time!

I wouldn't put all my stock into style being just TV talk. That is exactly how aTm shot to the top with all the points and passing yards they put up early. Then when they played someone, they were revealed for not so great. Styale is the eye test everyone keeps mentioning.

IMO, this new system willbe just as subjective as pre-BCS just include 2additional teams.

Style points will be a part of this I don't care what anyone says. How did South Carolina all of a sudden become so dangerous? I have yet to figure out how UGA lost to them. That was Mark Richt doing what he does best, lose to a team he had no business losing to. Happens every year. There wasn't a single person here that believed that game would be that close.

I'm one that doesn't think two SEC teams will get in the playoff. The SEC champ is pretty much in. Our best chance is to hope MSU loses two and we win out. My thinking is, "No Atlanta, no playoff". Unless, of course, the rest of the country doesn't have any one-loss teams of their own to put into contention.

Archived