Week 10 (Auburn vs. Ole Miss) - Injuries

RunInRed

Ole Miss ...

• Ole Miss redshirt junior linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a broken ankle (via ESPN)
  • His brother, defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche, and former All-American safety Cody Prewitt also missed time late against LSU with unspecified injuries.
  • Left tackle Laremy Tunsil left the game with a pulled right biceps but later returned. Freeze said Robert, Cody and Laremy are "day-to-day."

Which Nkemdiche is the better of the two? Isn't one supposed to be a force?

They're both important to Ole Miss but Robert's a manimal.

Right, Ole Miss offered Denzel in order to have a chance with Robert the following year. It turned out very well for Ole Miss as Denzel has turned into a quality player and Robert is the force everyone thought he would be. I would not be unhappy if all these guys missed our game Saturday.

Do you have an Auburn injury list? I hear pundits on twitter claiming Duke is injured.

He had a huge catch towards the end of the game and was in on the final play. Unless it is from practice, i doubt very seriously that he is injured

Do you have an Auburn injury list? I hear pundits on twitter claiming Duke is injured.

He had a huge catch towards the end of the game and was in on the final play. Unless it is from practice, i doubt very seriously that he is injured

Ya i figured. I don't believe non AU twitter folk when they spread rumours which is why I came here. The family always knows

The loss of Tunsil and their center are more detrimental to OM than the others. Should they not play. The back up center is also Tunsil's backup. So if the starting center can't go AND the back up center has to fill in for Tunsil, then a redshirt freshman starts at center. OM's production took a nose dive when Tunsil came out Saturday night.

I think the season will begin at Oxford for us in many ways. We will come with our A+ game, and will show UM that the beat down we put on LSU was the real deal. I feel 110% that we will show the rest of the SEC that it all begins with UM. Just my take.

AU 45

UM 17

If we can play offense like we did last Sat night and come up with a good defensive effort for 60 minutes, yes we can win. Yet to be seen. Lashlee almost took full blame for poor offensive output by saying until last Sat night "we" had become complacent. That does not win football games even in Junior High much less SEC.

The injury front may be the single-most important takeaway from the South Carolina game. I don't recall any AU players going down on Saturday. This time of the year, that is enormous--even if we're playing a team like Samford.

Whatever we did to prep the Offense last week, do twice as much this week. Whatever we did to prep our secondary, scrap it. Prosper. ;D

We had a failure to "communicate". :-\

USCe picked on our "star" player, it didn't matter which one was in the game they targeted him extensively. That's something we haven't seen before while running the 4-2-5 scheme. I wonder if it's really that easy to isolate the Star guy on the offense's best receiver? If so, Threzie and Ruffin better bring their A-game from here on out. Others will be trying the same trick.

USCe picked on our "star" player, it didn't matter which one was in the game they targeted him extensively. That's something we haven't seen before while running the 4-2-5 scheme. I wonder if it's really that easy to isolate the Star guy on the offense's best receiver? If so, Threzie and Ruffin better bring their A-game from here on out. Others will be trying the same trick.

this was RT 's worst game. I think hbc did create matching him with Cooper.

Duke is banged up and just day to day. He will be ready to go Saturday. May be light on him in practice though.

Any idea what happened to him PTB? Tweak something in practice?

Three injured Ole Miss starters to 'give it a go' Saturday

Three injured Ole Miss starters will be in the lineup for Saturday's game versus No. 4 Auburn, barring any unforeseen setbacks. At least that's the word from Ole Miss coachHugh Freeze, who was asked about the status of Robert Nkemdiche, Laremy Tunsil and Cody Prewitt on Wednesday.

"Every one of them (is) going to give it a go," Freeze said during his time on the SEC coaches' teleconference. "With the stretch of games we've gone through without a break, they've been very physical games. It's a difficult stretch, for sure. I think it takes a toll on you both mentally and physically — and some more than others. "

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/10/29/3383064_three-injured-ole-miss-starters.html?rh=1

this was RT 's worst game. I think hbc did create matching him with Cooper.

USCe ran so many crossing and pick routes it didn't matter who was out there and Thompson was solid in most of his throws I don't think you see a game like that from them again this year, they layed it on the line and executed well, go back and watch the game it was a very well thought out game plan and they used their entire playbook. Do I think they exploited the Star position maybe but in the end I think they just ran to open space and played some fun and gun

i see this as a prepare for them to play but i dont see some of them being able to fully go

Morale boost but we will get their A game regardless and I know coach is leaning on the O this week so be prepared for the good Bo

Archived