Week 10 (Auburn vs. Ole Miss) - Tuesday Updates

RunInRed

HC Gus Malzahn

Malzahn on Ole Miss: "We're playing a very good opponent, another top 10 team at home."

Malzahn: "We just weren't getting production on the edge like we were the year before so we made that a point of emphasis."

Malzahn takes responsibility for the error of having 2 No. 1s on the final play of the South Carolina game.

Malzahn: "To be a good offense you have to have strengths, be good at those things, and then when they stop that you have to have" an answer

Malzahn on Ole Miss defense: "I'd say it's the best defense that Ole Miss has had since I've gone against them."

Malzahn: "Each week strategically you're trying to put your guys in the best situation possible. It comes down to you have to execute."

Malzahn on College Football Playoff ranking: "It does not concern me at all. The ball's in our court, we'll worry about (rankings) later."

Malzahn on avoiding being predictable: "I think that's part of coaching, being strategic."

Malzahn talked priority of recruiting former Auburn High WR Cody Core after being hired at Ark. State: "I thought he was a good player."

Malzahn talks more about Ole Miss defense: "Whoever they put out there they're flying around."

Malzahn on CAP: "You never know how the season unfolds. This time last year Tre was really coming on…he's capable (of toting it 40 times)."

Malzahn on Roc: "He's getting there (compares him to Michael Dyer), I think Roc is starting to feel that same way. He's wanting to play."

@AUBlog

Malzahn emphasizes that every single time he's turned on the film of Ole Miss' defense they've impressed him.

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on his pass rush: "We definitely need to improve on that. That will be a big factor moving forward"

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Reese Dismukes: "Our center is like another quarterback. He makes all the calls upfront."

@AUGoldMine

Robenson Therezie

Therezie calls his preseason eligibility issue "really devastating," says he's spent the season trying to move past it.

Therezie on Ole Miss' receivers: "I've seen a lot of good routes, they're a lot of good route runners."

Therezie on challenge of blitzing vs OLs: "It's about being low and driving through the gap. Everyone has a responsibility."

Therezie on the season rankings (re: @CFBPlayoff): "I don't really pay attention to it because there's always a change to it every week."

Therezie on playing on the road: "We just stick to the basics, especially when we play away. … As far as communicating, it's pretty nice."

@AUBlog

Therezie says defense loves silencing home crowds

@SheldonFox6

Reese Dismukes

Dismukes on sophomore Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche: "I think he's upped his game." Calls him a special player.

Dismukes on OL gelling: "I think guys are getting used to each other and we're going to continue to get better."

Dismukes on the @CFBPlayoff rankings announcement tonight: "I really have no care of it at all."

Dismukes on what the players plan to give Gus Malzahn for his 49th birthday: "Hopefully a good day of practice."

@AUBlog

Reese Dismukes doesn't think it's "a night-and-day advantage" to have former Ole Miss OL Austin Golson to go to for questions this week.

@wareagleextra

Reese Dismukes on Nick Marshall's demeanor: "Nick is Nick. He's going to be the same guy no matter who we're playing."

@bmarcello

Dismukes says we need to bring our "A" game

@SheldonFox6

Archived