Week 10 (Auburn vs. Ole Miss) - Wednesday Updates

RunInRed

Also, via the Weekly SEC Teleconference ...

HC Gus Malzahn

Auburn HC Gus Malzahn: "Going on the road against a top 10 team, again, they're playing very well … it'll definitely be a tough one."

Malzahn on (Bo) Wallace: "The first thing that stands out to me, Bo's a tough individual. He's a veteran, he's protecting the FB a lot better."

Malzahn on the MSU cowbells: "It echoes like crazy … that night you could definitely tell you were in a loud environment with your ears."

@AUBlog

Auburn HC Gus Malzahn: "Going on the road against a top 10 team, again, they're playing very well … it'll definitely be a tough one."

@jzenor

Malzahn on being No. 3 in the College Football Playoff ranking: "I really don't have much reaction. ... We'll worry about that" later.

@wareagleextra

Gus Malzahn had more questions on the teleconference about Mississippi State than he did Ole Miss.

@bmarcello

Malzahn: "We've had a solid two days of practice. I thought our focus was good."

Malzahn on Ole Miss' defense: "They're so good at getting turnovers." Also mentions how often they score off those turnovers.

Malzahn on Melvin Ray: "He had a pretty good first game. ... He's a guy that we can count on."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn on potential of using RT Patrick Miller: "The good thing is we're getting healthier and that's creating a lot of depth."

Malzahn on RT Pat Miller: "He hasn't lost the job yet because of injury, ... he's handled everything well."

Malzahn on Jermaine Whitehead's status: "He's still on the scout team and on special teams.

I asked @CoachGusMalzahn his thoughts on fans (hopefully children) dressing up as him for Halloween: "It's pretty intriguing I guess."

@AUBlog

Malzahn: "We've had a solid two days of practice. I thought our focus was good."

This is Malzahn's standard response. We've heard this every week.

Yep, and we're the #3 team in the country and we've only lost 3 games on his watch, two of which against the #1 team in the nation and all of which were on the road and we had chances to win. I look forward to hearing this every week that he's employed at Auburn.

Yep, and we're the #3 team in the country and we've only lost 3 games on his watch, two of which against the #1 team in the nation and all of which were on the road and we had chances to win. I look forward to hearing this every week that he's employed at Auburn.

True. In addition to being an awesome coach, he has also mastered the art of coachspeak.

I'd be shocked if he said anything else. He's the master of coachspeak.

Does anyone have any updates on the 4 starters for Ole Miss that got hurt in their game last week. I would not mind if they all missed the game. They are all excellent players. 3 on defense and Tunsil from the OLine.

Does anyone have any updates on the 4 starters for Ole Miss that got hurt in their game last week. I would not mind if they all missed the game. They are all excellent players. 3 on defense and Tunsil from the OLine.

The older Nkemdiche brother is out for the year. The other three injured players are "going to give it a go," per Hugh Freeze. Sounds like they will all play in some capacity.

Archived