No Shakers With Sticks

around4ever

In a strange development, Vaught-Hemingway Stadium apparently outlaws shakers with sticks. So don't take your shakers with sticks into the game because they will be confiscated.

http://theplainsman.com/view/full_story/26022881/article-No-shakers-allowed-at-Ole-Miss?instance=home_news_lead_story

Is it a safety thing? Are plastic or wooden sticks more dangerous than the cowbells that are allowed at Davis-Wade Stadium in in Starkville?

Shakers do block the game view of others and little kids tend to hit adults in the face or head with them. There is an art to using them and not hitting someone around you. After it rains and people lay them down to get wet, they will pick them up and water gets thrown on people around the shaker.

Wonder if they have outlawed cowbells.

I don't believe that's on the priority list for the Ole Miss honchos at this point.

And no a4e, cowbells have not yet been outlawed.

This makes no sense. After pouring bourbon into stadium cup from a flask, what do they use to stir?

No kidding. I tried correcting an aggie fan last year when he called it a pom pom and I said it's a shaker/stirrer to do a James bond reference. there's a reason it has a stem, so you can stir your drink!

Wde

Apparently they said they're worried about them being used as weapons. However they're allowing the old school shakers with the paddles on the ends instead of the sticks. A bunch of students have also said they got in with them 2 years ago by cutting the sticks down to a smaller size (how's that for logic).

Just put your shaker in your sock next to your bourbon.

It's supposed to be kind of chilly on Saturday as well, so coat pockets are always an option too

Archived