Some kicka** Throwback Uniforms - Texas A&M

Auctoritas

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/92264/aggies-honor-39-championship-team-with-throwbacks-leather-helmets

Texas A&M and Adidas, its football apparel partner, have come up with some fresh, unique and eye-catching looks for the Aggies in the Kevin Sumlin era.

From the "Icy whites" to zubaz-inspired accessories to chrome helmets, Texas A&M has made bold choices, but the Aggies' latest uniform trick might be their best.

As a tribute to Texas A&M's 1939 national championship team, the Aggies will don throwback uniforms for Saturday's game against Louisiana-Monroe, complete with "leather" helmets and cleats (No, the helmets are not really leather, but they do sport a leather look).

Take a peek through!

I think they nailed it.

And I've said for a long time that if Auburn were ever to do a special uniform variant it should be in this throwback vein.

Very nice. I expect we'll start to see some imitation of this from other teams rather than the flashy Oregon/Maryland ilk.

So what happens to all this one and done stuff after the game is played? Are the unis refurbished for later use? Seems very expenisive if none of this type of this is reused?

So what happens to all this one and done stuff after the game is played? Are the unis refurbished for later use? Seems very expenisive if none of this type of this is reused?

The players autograph them and sell them on e-..... ur...uh....wait a minute....

The players autograph them and sell them on e-..... ur...uh....wait a minute....

I think the should sign and auction for a good cause, wounded warrior, etc

I think they nailed it.

And I've said for a long time that if Auburn were ever to do a special uniform variant it should be in this throwback vein.

Very nice. I expect we'll start to see some imitation of this from other teams rather than the flashy Oregon/Maryland ilk.

In 2007 Auburn did the tribute to the 1957 team against Vanderbilt and the only thing that was different about the uniforms was not having the AU logo on the sides of the helmet. I love that Auburn has a classic uniform look that has been the same forever.

Although I did get pretty pumped about the rumored all blue uniforms they were going to wear against Clemson in 2010. Got a pic of the supposedly blue helmets.

Archived