Time to man up to make this run again.

StatTiger

Since 1984 Auburn is 19-2 vs. Ole Miss, when the Tigers out-rush the Rebels and 2-3, when they don't.

Auburn is 10-0 against the Rebels during the same time span, when rushing for at least 200-yards.

Ole Miss is 3-37 in their last 40 games, they surrendered 200-yards rushing.

Gus Malzahn is 44-7 at the collegiate level, when his ground game has at least 45 rush attempts.

Auburn is 15-2 vs. Ole Miss with a 100-yard rusher.

Gus Malzahn's run-offense has averaged 255.1 YPG during 60 games at Auburn and 307.9 YPG during the last 21 games.

During Auburn's last 13 conference games, the Tigers have averaged 304.8 YPG on the ground.

Interesting note:

Dye's best years 1982-1989, AU averaged 236.5 YPG rushing.

Bowden's best years 1993-1995: 203.8 YPG.

Tub's best years 2000-2007: 171.2 YPG.

Hope ROC and Louis can have big runs with CAP. It would be nice to line up and run all night. Turnovers will be big in this game. If wallace is bad wallace we will win and AUBURN does not turn the ball over.

Great info. I too think first down will be key to our success on Sat. evening. I am looking for a focused, take-no-prisoner attitude and performance by the Tigers! WDE!!!

If they run is not there early, I hope they can afford to stick with it... If we get down early however it could be trouble. I think we can wear down the OM Dline, but it may be tough going early.

Think back to any close game or loss in the last couple of years and turnovers have been our downfall. LSU last year, MSU earlier this year.....gotta do a good job of taking care of the ball.

DL is where we need to man up, push the OL back in Wallace's face, knock him around and take some pressure off the pass defense. Adams and Wright need to step up tonight and create some havoc.

"Tub's best years 2000-2007: 171.2 YPG."

Yes, but Tub could beat you 3-2.

Which is exactly why offenses adapted and got creative.

Just ask Tub and some of the other great defensive minds.

I feel like if Auburn can get a few Marshall keepers on the outside early on, it'll freeze up the edge man for the rest of the game. Before, that edge guy would run down Cap from behind on the inside give.

Archived