2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

12/17 Update: Antwuan chooses AU!

CWczkWEUkAAzQLo.jpg

via @wesleysinor

LIVE STREAMS: http://meerkatapp.co...55-236c38cb2de5 | https://www.periscop...w/1OwxWBRvBeqJQ

ANTWUAN-JACKSON-150614-PRO.JPG

Antwuan Jackson, DT

Ellenwood, GA (Cedar Grove HS)

Ht: 6'3 | Wt: 265 | 40: 5.23

• AU offered in March of 2013
  • AJ was listed the best underclassmen DL & 3rd best DL overall this summer at the Rivals 5* Challenge camp
  • Recruiters: Garner, Thompson

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 66)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 24)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 108)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia State, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, UCLA, USC, USF, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

CWIoj0LWEAAkU5p.jpg

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of notes. Keith Niebuhr has said for a while he feels AU is likely the team to beat. Also on The Rundown podcast by AU Rivals yesterday Allie D said AJ texted her after his most recent visit to AU and said AU was his favorite FWIW.

This is another powerful kid. DL prospects (at least for AU) look sooo much better in the class of 2016. You gotta love a kid that is not afraid to "rock the glasses".

• 3 months later...

A couple of notes. Keith Niebuhr has said for a while he feels AU is likely the team to beat. Also on The Rundown podcast by AU Rivals yesterday Allie D said AJ texted her after his most recent visit to AU and said AU was his favorite FWIW.

Nice. Keep up the work, Will

A new Rivals headline indicated that Ckemson is now his leader after his recent visit over there. I wish we would hurry up and have a Junior weekend!

When is junior weekend? Usually have a good gauge on players after that

A new Rivals headline indicated that Ckemson is now his leader after his recent visit over there. I wish we would hurry up and have a Junior weekend!

He's going to be visiting AU sometime in the next couple of weeks. And I bet he changes his leader again after the visit. AU is a MAJOR player here.

• 1 month later...

@Keith247Sports: Knew 4-star DT Antwuan Jackson was elite. But didn't know -- until yesterday -- he had those spin moves. Kid if nifty in space w/ great COD

File this in the tifwiw file but nice to read.

from JC Shurburtt @247

"Auburn has begun to trend on 247Sports Crystal Ball for four-star defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson (Ellenwood, Ga./Cedar Grove). Sources familiar with his recruitment indicate that the 6-foot-2.5, 285-pound Jackson is All Auburn at the moment."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/Crystal-Ball-Auburn-trending-for-DT-36438727

from JC Shurburtt @247

"Auburn has begun to trend on 247Sports Crystal Ball for four-star defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson (Ellenwood, Ga./Cedar Grove). Sources familiar with his recruitment indicate that the 6-foot-2.5, 285-pound Jackson is All Auburn at the moment."

If so this is huge. This kid showed out last weekend at the Opening in ATL. Looked WAY better than Derrick Brown according to multiple HS coaches in attendance

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/Crystal-Ball-Auburn-trending-for-DT-36438727

from JC Shurburtt @247

http://auburn.247spo...for-DT-36438727

I believe this is 100% correct. Same situation as David Marshall.

from JC Shurburtt @247

FWIW when JC makes posts like this his sources are usually right. The most notable example is Monty Adams. Even though he was a day behind AUST JC was the first recruiting site source to post Monty would likely pick AU per sources. This was on a Thursday just before Monty OVed AU. All the intel before then had AU 5th or 6th and until 2 days earlier nobody even knew if Monty was even going to even OV AU.

from JC Shurburtt @247

FWIW when JC makes posts like this his sources are usually right. The most notable example is Monty Adams. Even though he was a day behind AUST JC was the first recruiting site source to post Monty would likely pick AU per sources. This was on a Thursday just before Monty OVed AU. All the intel before then had AU 5th or 6th and until 2 days earlier nobody even knew if Monty was even going to even OV AU.

Very encouraging. I'd love to get Antwuan on board!

from JC Shurburtt @247

Very encouraging. I'd love to get Antwuan on board!

Yep. It would be nice to have a new commit soon.

from JC Shurburtt @247

I was not a huge fan of JC at first but he has become one of my favorites. His info is usually pretty spot on.

JC was a tad too argumenative/defensive at first, IYAM. I use to catch him on Bill King when he was on Sirrius XM, and he grew on me there.

Lol. I didn't say it would be soon. My guess on the soon commits are Bro-Hamm & Malik Miller.

Lol. I didn't say it would be soon. My guess on the soon commits are Bro-Hamm & Malik Miller.

E, that is fine. A commitment from either Malik or Bro-Hamm would be great too.I just want a new commit!

After watching from abroad and finally joining last year, the two sources I trust and respect more than anyone just happen to of posted above. Ellitor, and WarDamnEagleWDE, please don't stop what your doing. I know last year before signing day Ellitor said you were going on hiatus.

Now, I think both these guys are ours. And a question now. After watching Madison Academy play several times, I've always thought Miller was almost as good as Johnson,at least as a running back, so why doesn't he get as much love in the player rankings?

so why doesn't he get as much love in the player rankings?

He's evaluated and rated as a full back. They are not usually drafted high so they are given 3*/fring 4* grades

• 3 weeks later...

TIFWIW- things that make you go hmmm. Antwuan Jackson retweets this tweet from Trent Smallwood.

Antwuan Jackson retweeted:

M3SyUgtr_normal.jpeg Trent Smallwood @SmallwoodTrent · Apr 23

http://UGASports.com broke down the DL board. Could #UGA land 3...maybe 4 in the #Rivals100? pic.twitter.com/zQufLkWqQX

CDTPlB9VEAAGgzE.jpgCDTPu7EVIAEKE3Q.jpgCDTP_mUUkAEcrfQ.jpgCDTQA9VUkAEORu-.jpg

.......and then, Jackson responds to the above tweet with his own tweet.

Georgia, USA

vt0pGeB4_normal.jpgAntwuan Jackson @Hercules__52 · Apr 25

I'm thinking a Fab 5 DL for College Football

1f4af.png1f4af.png1f4af.png#unstoppable

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I'm not a bit worried about 2016. It's so early but our class looked a lot different this time last year compared to this year at this time. BCW will tell a lot.

Does everyone really believe that Rocker is winning these guys over or is it Jeremy Pruitt? I was worried that when UGA hired Pruitt that they would lock down the state. But most people seem to think that it's Rocker. What say you?

Archived