2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

Guys, don't let his visit to OSU affect you too much. I REALLY like our chances here, and would be shocked if he wound up in Columbus.

I wouldn't. It's his 2nd visit there in a month and he has the 2 tied at the top.

didn't Gus say something about slim to none. while technically it's not our backyard but...

No comparison in tOSU trying to take an in state kid away from AU and one in Georgia from AU. They have been fairly succesful in Georgia under Meyer.

Speaking of, I wanted to see how Trey Johnson was doing at OSU. Remember him? Awesome LB out of Ga. I wanted him to come to AU bad and we led for a long time, then the staff changed.

He was not on their roster anymore. Seems he had Arthritis and had to quit football. He is working with the OSU staff still in hopes of coaching sometime. I thought he was going to be a really good one. Sorry for him.

I thought Trey followed Roof to Penn St.?

Nope. tOSU. Pewnn St was never a factor.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where are we with him? Is he trending towards or away from us?

So where are we with him? Is he trending towards or away from us?

I think we still lead, but not by much. In the end I think he picks AU, especially when Mbem-Bosse commits.

It is my, ever so humble, opinion that OSU is AJ's "fall back" should something happen, and CWM is not here next year.

Seeing as how that is not likely to happen, AU fan's should relax.

• 4 weeks later...

So you think OSU Golf?

just a feeling nothing concrete but OSU is looking better lately. I think we still lead but it will be interesting.

Negative waves? Et tu, golf?

So you think OSU Golf?

just a feeling nothing concrete but OSU is looking better lately. I think we still lead but it will be interesting.

Negative waves? Et tu, golf?

It always happens when he is missing his bird.

He is ours to lose. I have a good feeling though that he will pull the trigger soon and enter into the promised land of college football!

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of talk that OSU leads and that Mbem-Bosse is now waiting for an OSU offer as well lol......

I could see us losing Jackson to OSU, but I would be SHOCKED if Mbem-Bosse doesn't pick Auburn.

"The chances of a team up north coming into our state and [signing] a player either us or Alabama wants are slim to none."

Ominous

I knew that quote was going to come back to bite him. Signing day isn't here yet but still

in the end, I think we get them both.....they can't sign until winter time sets in, in ohio....one trip up there in dec/jan will change their minds

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.

in the end, I think we get them both.....they can't sign until winter time sets in, in ohio....one trip up there in dec/jan will change their minds

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.helping with the team.

The kid your talking about from Atlanta, that went to Ohio State is no longer playing (Tre Johnson). He has arthritis and cant play anymore. Ohio State is honoring his scholly and he is helping with the team. He was great in HS.

http://www.elevenwar...se-of-arthritis

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.helping with the team.

The kid your talking about from Atlanta, that went to Ohio State is no longer playing (Tre Johnson). He has arthritis and cant play anymore. Ohio State is honoring his scholly and he is helping with the team. He was great in HS.

http://www.elevenwar...se-of-arthritis

Ugh, don't give me reasons to not hate Urban Meyer.

;)

Urban isn't always like that. We did pick up a signee from tOSU because they were over the limit and Meyer dropped him.

Archived