Ellis Johnson

Ed_

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was 17-40?? Who thought it was okay to hire this guy?

apparently he thought it was the right thing to do

"Obviously, nobody counted on having to go through this experience. There are no excuses, but there are reasons." CEJ

"The overall experience of it - I never foresaw this. I have a good track record." CEJ

He was 17-40?? Who thought it was okay to hire this guy?

"Obviously, nobody counted on having to go through this experience. There are no excuses, but there are reasons." CEJ

Uh-oh, sunshine police will be coming for u now.

If the bammers hang 60 or more on us, you still want Elliis around for another year?

I'm afraid that's what it will take for those defending him will finally see that he is not what AU needs as a dcoordinator.

If the bammers hang 60 or more on us, you still want Elliis around for another year?

And if we have adequate defense, will you shut your mouth about the subject?

You might as well know now that that isn't gonna happen...the fact we have to settle for adequate in this situation is enough said right there

If saban runs the score up to say 50 + and coach Malzahn keeps EJ, not only will we be looking at another 4 loss season in 2015, some people might start asking why Gus why didn't e fire Johnson after 2014. The defense won't be any better.

If saban runs the score up to say 50 + and coach Malzahn keeps EJ, not only will we be looking at another 4 loss season in 2015, some people might start asking why Gus didn't fire Johnson after 2014. The defense won't be any better.

The defense will continue to regress. Not enough incoming talent.

If saban runs the score up to say 50 + and coach Malzahn keeps EJ, not only will we be looking at another 4 loss season in 2015, some people might start asking why Gus didn't fire Johnson after 2014. The defense won't be any better.

That has NOTHING to do with it. Coaching is the problem

This just can't be true. I've been assured many times that AU has no problem recruiting top defensive players.

There is such a fine line in the SEC between the penthouse and the s_ithouse that CGM will have make the change. If he does it gets him another year of rebuilding without heat, if he don't and the D maintains it's current level of play he will be putting himself on the Clock. Seems like CGC was let go after a couple of years from a Natty. Malzahn CANNOT afford to waste another year on Ellis. UNLESS the D actually shows up in TURDTOWN today.

There is such a fine line in the SEC between the penthouse and the s_ithouse that CGM will have make the change. If he does it gets him another year of rebuilding without heat, if he don't and the D maintains it's current level of play he will be putting himself on the Clock. Seems like CGC was let go after a couple of years from a Natty. Malzahn CANNOT afford to waste another year on Ellis. UNLESS the D actually shows up in TURDTOWN today.

If you stuck CGM with Trotter and Frasier, Auburn would be no better than any Auburn team coached by CGC.

Personally, I don't think you can lay it all on the head of CEJ. There are a group of position coaches under him. It is their responsibility to teach their players proper technique and how to play their position. That's not happening.

UGA fans are *still* complaining about the devastation left behind by RG -- the lack of talent and terrible coaching during his last years there. They were glad to get rid of him -- and especially glad that their rival, Auburn, took him.

If CEJ goes, then I'm hoping the rest of the defensive staff goes as well. If CEJ stays, I'm hoping he will clear out the current group of assistants and bring in some better position coaches.

JMO.

Personally, I don't think you can lay it all on the head of CEJ. There are a group of position coaches under him. It is their responsibility to teach their players proper technique and how to play their position. That's not happening.

UGA fans are *still* complaining about the devastation left behind by RG -- the lack of talent and terrible coaching during his last years there. They were glad to get rid of him -- and especially glad that their rival, Auburn, took him.

If CEJ goes, then I'm hoping the rest of the defensive staff goes as well. If CEJ stays, I'm hoping he will clear out the current group of assistants and bring in some better position coaches.

JMO.

If CEJ stays (I think he will), he probably won't change much of anything. Judging by his actions and words as HC at SoMiss, Ellis Johnson is pretty darned certain that Ellis Johnson knows best.

TAM fired their DC yesterday.

Will we be that smart?

Eloss did not forget how to coach. Look at his record ... something like 17-40?

530 yards for bammer so far and over 50 points? ..... really?

how long do we stay with Eloss?

55 points given up tonight. I've said we should keep EJ but how can you possibly justify that with what our defense has been second half of this season? Absolutely disgraceful. Firing EJ may not be the answer but I don't know how you can possibly stand pat after this abomination we have witnessed this year.

Archived