Ellis Johnson

Ed_

I have not been a fan of CEJ since he got here but tonight really solidified my desire to see him gone; however, I have heard a number of my AU friends say they are not ready to give up on him. So in the spirit of being open minded I would like to hear from anyone who supports keeping CEJ and hear your reasoning (preferably factually supported arguments) for thinking he should be kept after this season.

For those that want to see him gone and feel the need to comment same request goes for you. Make your best factually supported argument as to why we would be better off looking for a new DC.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gone. Weve recruited enough talent yo be competitive. He is not a coach or recruiter and therefore dies not deserve a job. The sane problem is apparent every game but is not assessed.The short pass is hard to defend but should not kill our defense like it has. Coach cheese can follow him out the door. We can find better

I have not been a fan of CEJ since he got here but tonight really solidified my desire to see him gone; however, I have heard a number of my AU friends say they are not ready to give up on him. So in the spirit of being open minded I would like to hear from anyone who supports keeping CEJ and hear your reasoning (preferably factually supported arguments) for thinking he should be kept after this season.

For those that want to see him gone and feel the need to comment same request goes for you. Make your best factually supported argument as to why we would be better off looking for a new DC.

I will bite.

I say finish the season and see if he and the staff has any salt about them. Demand results and see if the players and coaches respond. If they don't then the blame is on his shoulders and GUS is left with his first tough decision.

I have no argument to keep CEJ, and agree with you that he should go. Our defense has regressed with him. WE always make adjustments at the half and at least play better in the second half. Why can we not be ready from the start? The game is 60 minutes and not 30 minutes long.

I have no argument to keep CEJ, and agree with you that he should go. Our defense has regressed with him. WE always make adjustments at the half and at least play better in the second half. Why can we not be ready from the start? The game is 60 minutes and not 30 minutes long.

I've said all year long it was gonna bite us one day, and it finally happened. We can't and shouldn't have to wait until halftime to get this defense on trac

...I would like to hear from anyone who supports keeping CEJ and hear your reasoning (preferably factually supported arguments) for thinking he should be kept after this season.

* crickets *

...I would like to hear from anyone who supports keeping CEJ and hear your reasoning (preferably factually supported arguments) for thinking he should be kept after this season.

* crickets *

This could be the most one sided thread ever by the time it's run it's course

I have no positives to say about this defense--coaching, execution, or otherwise. We are flat-out bad.

Their uniforms look good! :drink1:/>

Need some orange facemasks, no?

:no:

I'm not going to say anything about Ellis Johnson because the play of our defense tonight said more then I could say and y'all it. Every time I do, I either get blasted or get banned for a few days.

I'm an auburn man...i support everything auburn...thus, I support T. Rock coming back as DCoord or Asst DCoord to Garner. Bye Ellis.

I wish we had a like button for this

Bye Ellis hope you're not a coach next week for auburn

Hope all you want, but that would be just plain stupid. That move would be so devastating to the team. Not calling you out, but some on here are very near sited when it comes to football and/or football programs..

This should not be a conclusion folks are just now reaching based on one frustrating loss. The best argument Johnson's had in his favor these 2 seasons is not enough time yet to recruit and teach. But there's always been alarming parts to his DC stint at Auburn. From day one hes persisted in using his star system, which is heavy on man on man coverage...a tall order in the SEC. Ellis is historically a good recruiter and he's overseen landing guys like Moncrief that on paper fit the system. We do NOT have the players to play what Ellis refuses to abandon or even modify. But MOST alarming is the direction we're headed (and but for LSU have been heading). Remember chiziks last month? Look at our defense's body language now. UL-Monroe's D last week did better against aTm than we did in Auburn. It's not getting better, it's getting much worse. Carl Lawson blah blah...Johnson is continuing his historic inability to coordinate winning defenses in the SEC.

Archived