So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who in the world worth a hill of beans wants to work with Malzahn as a DC? WE can't recruit worth crap on the defense and we certainly can not coach worth dung on that side of the ball?

You dream Mate. This probably the best we can do.

Scary, isn't it.

Who in the world worth a hill of beans wants to work with Malzahn as a DC? WE can't recruit worth crap on the defense and we certainly can not coach worth dung on that side of the ball?

Scary, isn't it.

And this is why???

I seriously doubt Gus will make the change.... we dont have any impact players on D (MAYBE one). What puzzles me is why our defense under CEJ is completely clueless and incompetent against spread teams. We played GREAT on D against K State, LSU and Arky ( all Pro style) and got absolutely shredded by all the spread teams.

Guest jojo1515

Scary, isn't it.

You win the award for dumbest comment of the day (quite a prize on a day like today)

Guest jojo1515

I seriously doubt Gus will make the change.... we dont have any impact players on D (MAYBE one). What puzzles me is why our defense under CEJ is completely clueless and incompetent against spread teams. We played GREAT on D against K State, LSU and Arky ( all Pro style) and got absolutely shredded by all the spread teams.

Thats funny, I seem to remember absolutely destroying EJ in the SEC Championship game....seems nothing has changed

Johnson has never defended the spread well. Back in 2010 he was griping to the media about the spread offense and how difficult it is to defend against.

Derek Mason might need a job pretty soon

Interesting, not sure what to think.

smh....This type of discussion is worthless. Like the members of this message board has any say in the matter........this thread should be locked.

Holy s*** I hope you're kidding. He's awful.

His defense at La Tech has been an improvement. He was also good at MSU. More importantly; his defensive philosophy (emphasis on forcing turnovers) mixes well with an uptempo offense that wants to wear defenses down. We typically win the game when we win the turnover battle with our offense, it would be a solid recipe to complement an offensive HC with a defense that puts our offense back onto the field.

Louisiana Tech is tied for 3rd in the nation in Turnovers Gained this season.

I'm not saying it would be my pipe-dream first choice, but a Malzahn/Diaz combo makes a lot of sense on paper. Diaz is also still only 40 so there is more room for growth there.

I think Diaz would be a good fit. He was an up and comer before climbing aboard the Mack Brown sinking ship, inevitably becoming a fall guy. The line between good and turrible for assistant coaches can often be as thin as making a single poor career choice.

Holy s*** I hope you're kidding. He's awful.

His defense at La Tech has been an improvement. He was also good at MSU. More importantly; his defensive philosophy (emphasis on forcing turnovers) mixes well with an uptempo offense that wants to wear defenses down. We typically win the game when we win the turnover battle with our offense, it would be a solid recipe to complement an offensive HC with a defense that puts our offense back onto the field.

Louisiana Tech is tied for 3rd in the nation in Turnovers Gained this season.

I'm not saying it would be my pipe-dream first choice, but a Malzahn/Diaz combo makes a lot of sense on paper. Diaz is also still only 40 so there is more room for growth there.

Agree with metafour on this one. Diaz would be on my candidate list if we decide to move on.

who would you like to see???

Some names I've heard was Chizik, Tuberville, Smart, Diaz, etc....

Also take into account school familiarity as well as overall success

I'm sorry but when there are over 100 FBS teams and the 4 coaches you come up with are Tubs, Chizik, Smart and Diaz it tells us you obvs don't watch any other football besides Auburn Football.

Tubs is done. Chizik is prob dumbest idea. Smart jumping ship is like Hitler joining the British army. We need to move fwd not regress. How will Diaz help us with recruiting?

I'm sorry..but no man. I'd rather hire a CFL defensive coordinator

Archived