2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

2/03/15 UPDATE: Prince Tega commits to AU!

"He just got off the phone with Gus Malzahn," Edgewood Academy coach Bobby Carr said. "He decided he is going to sign with Auburn tomorrow."

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1732795

3318897.jpg

Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr., DE

Elmore, AL (Edgewood Academy)

6'8 / 250 / 4.61

- Unofficial Visits to Auburn on 8/30/14, 11/08/14 (TAMU game)

- Picked up AU offer 1/06/15

- Official Visit to AU 1/30/15

- Recruiters: Garner, Muschamp

Offers: Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, California, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa State, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 79, No. 7 SDE, No. 4 State of AL)

ESPN: 4*

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 130, No. 9 SDE, No. 6 State of AL)

Scout: 4*

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't overreact now, but it might end up being fun to revisit this thread down the road.

He's not a top target right now FWIW.

The article said he is only a Junior at 6' 8" tall and 245 pounds. 4.6 40 which probably means about a 4.8 40 that is still good speed. It will be interesting to watch him next year once he understands the game. Hope he hits some camps this summer where coaches can see if he is worth picking up and redshirting for a year to get some experience.

I won't overreact now, but it might end up being fun to revisit this thread down the road.

He's not a top target right now FWIW.

Roger that. I'm glad he's on our radar, though.

• 1 month later...

I have not heard much about this kid, but I just read he has received offers from Kentucky and LSU this week? I seen where someone posted on a Rival teams site that he is 6' 8" and runs a 4.6. Played TE and DE for Edgewood Academy this past season. Can anyone confirm this info , and is Auburn looking at this kid at all?

My brother is Tega's head coach now. He also got offers today from GA tech and Vanderbilt. He is a beast. This was his first year playing football and he is unbelievable. He would be a huge asset to Auburn.

He should get an offer just on name alone. There have been a lot of great Auburn names and I'd put this one right up there with them! LOL

I am surprised though that we haven't offered. Seems to be a huge upside to this one.

I agree his name is just as amazing as he is. he is a GREAT kid. My son (14yrs old) loves tega. He has decided he is naming his first child "Tega" (boy or girl) lol. It's really neat to hear the students chant "Tega, Tega" at the games.

Archived