Could the Keystone Pipeline get passed?

cooltigger21

Talks are underway for a possible vote to approve the Keystone Pipeline during the lame duck session. I'm all for it but find it funny that after all this time of holding this up, they want to do it now to try and save a democrat seat in the Senate. http://www.washingto...-save-landrieu/

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talks are underway for a possible vote to approve the Keystone Pipeline during the lame duck session. I'm all for it but find it funny that after all this time of holding this up, they want to do it now to try and save a democrat seat in the Senate. http://www.washingto...-save-landrieu/

Political Power >>> Ideology.

We are really getting a good glimpse of the true hearts of the Elitists in this nation this week.

So, do you live in Ngeria then?

Just a winter home.

Yeah you're right let's compare Nigeria to here. Funny though we have had all these years of the Alaska pipeline with no spills. I suppose you'd rather send it by train. I know you want to get rid of fossil fuels altogether and go use wind and sun. Kumbaya.

cooltigger, don't get your hopes up. My conviction is that the Obama administration will not approve the KP until the Dem party is lying on the ground bleeding out. BO is killing the Dems off state by state to support his extremist agenda. 2016 cant' get here soon enough.

TT, citing Nigeria's issues is a specious argument. It has nothing to do with American business practices that would implement the KP here on our homeland. Nigerians are very short-sighted in business. I know first hand. It's a backward place filled with backward people who prefer to remain backward. I'm surprised that the article didn't expand on the sabotage. Most likely it wasn't sabotage but rather people tapping the line causing it to fail. I'm sure the witch doctors had a hand in it too. Serious.

cooltigger, don't get your hopes up. My conviction is that the Obama administration will not approve the KP until the Dem party is lying on the ground bleeding out. BO is killing the Dems off state by state to support his extremist agenda. 2016 cant' get here soon enough.

TT, citing Nigeria's issues is a specious argument. It has nothing to do with American business practices that would implement the KP here on our homeland. Nigerians are very short-sighted in business. I know first hand. It's a backward place filled with backward people who prefer to remain backward. I'm surprised that the article didn't expand on the sabotage. Most likely it wasn't sabotage but rather people tapping the line causing it to fail. I'm sure the witch doctors had a hand in it too. Serious.

I'm not surprised about Obama and what he will do. I just find it funny that after 6 years of holding this thing up and preventing a vote, they all of a sudden decide to do it to protect one of their own. I'm not surprised at TT either. The anti oil people will do anything to stop america from using it. Their hero Obama agrees to "greenhouse gas" deal with the Chinese that puts restrictions on America now but lets the Chinese keep going for 16 years before they have to start cutting back.

I'm not surprised about Obama and what he will do. I just find it funny that after 6 years of holding this thing up and preventing a vote, they all of a sudden decide to do it to protect one of their own. I'm not surprised at TT either. The anti oil people will do anything to stop america from using it. Their hero Obama agrees to "greenhouse gas" deal with the Chinese that puts restrictions on America now but lets the Chinese keep going for 16 years before they have to start cutting back.

Exactly. It's all for show for ML in hopes that they don't lose another seat in the Senate.

152K Miles of Oil product Pipelines now in America. The fears of the Trans Alaska Pipeline were horribly overblown just as the fears here are. Will there be leaks, I am sure there will be. There will be leaks in Canada too. And all those other BROWN SKIN Nations too. You see, there will be pipelines built. The question is will they be built here with the best monitoring in the world, or will they be built in Nigeria where no one cares to monitor or maintain anything?

152K Miles of Oil product Pipelines now in America. The fears of the Trans Alaska Pipeline were horribly overblown just as the fears here are. Will there be leaks, I am sure there will be. There will be leaks in Canada too. And all those other BROWN SKIN Nations too. You see, there will be pipelines built. The question is will they be built here with the best monitoring in the world, or will they be built in Nigeria where no one cares to monitor or maintain anything?

Liberals would rather keep the African nations in poverty than allow them access to their oil.

Liberals would rather keep the African nations in poverty than allow them access to their oil.

Your ignorance truly knows no bounds. You think Shell put this pipeline in to serve the people of Nigeria? I guess you think Keystone is about American energy independence, too.

I am open to this, i mean i can get past the environmental concerns if the rewards are there. And who gets rewarded. Show me how this helps this country.

I am open to this, i mean i can get past the environmental concerns if the rewards are there. And who gets rewarded. Show me how this helps this country.

First of there are all the jobs on the construction of the pipeline itself and then the jobs for refining the oil and then the supply of energy for this country. Canada is going to pull this oil out and sell it somewhere, likely the Chinese, if not here. It's not going to sit there and be unused. The Alaska pipeline has been there for about 40 years and it has caused no problems environmentally. This will be no different.

First of there are all the jobs on the construction of the pipeline itself and then the jobs for refining the oil and then the supply of energy for this country. Canada is going to pull this oil out and sell it somewhere, likely the Chinese, if not here. It's not going to sit there and be unused. The Alaska pipeline has been there for about 40 years and it has caused no problems environmentally. This will be no different.

You do realize that the contentious "Keystone Pipeline" is merely over Phase IV (or Keystone XL) of it, right? Technically, it would benefit us as it picks up American oil in Baker, Montana. I can certainly see the benefit of picking up Bakken oil. However, the notion that Canada has oil sitting up there and no way to ship is quite wrong. More importantly, Phase IV is primarily an export pipeline.

Phase IV starts in the same place that Phase I did (which is in operation), and it joins Phase II (which is also operational) in Steele City, Nebraska. The operational Keystone Pipeline already runs from Hardesty, Alberta to Port Arthur, Texas. Personally, I have no issue with them building Phase IV, but I can understand the serious concerns about it when they were proposing to run it through the Sandhills.

I really do not understand how it became the big deal that it became.

That's the sort of post that causes me to acknowledge the charge of elitist. :rolleyes:

It will be built....all this back and forth is just a show. Somewhere, in a dark room where a game of high stakes poker is being played....a deal is getting done.

The American way.

It will be built....all this back and forth is just a show. Somewhere, in a dark room where a game of high stakes poker is being played....a deal is getting done.

The American way.

Not as long as Obummer is in the white house. The environmental wackos are determined to not let this go through. Obama is a true believer and he wants to harm American economic interests in the process. two for one as far as he is concerned. Warren Buffet doesn't want it built as it hurts his railroad empire.

The American way.

Not as long as Obummer is in the white house. The environmental wackos are determined to not let this go through. Obama is a true believer and he wants to harm American economic interests in the process. two for one as far as he is concerned. Warren Buffet doesn't want it built as it hurts his railroad empire.

Don't be so sure....he has his own corporate mods to deal with.

Some one dispute this statement for me:

"Understand what this project is: It is providing the ability of Canada to pump their oil, send it through our land down to the Gulf where it will be sold everywhere else,” ...

Further, explain to me how this will be a job boom and gas price suppressor for the U.S.?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

If you don't get the value/benefits to the U.S.. by now, I don't have the desire or time to educate you.

He did not ask for the value/benefits. He asked about two specific points. Maybe you have time for one? No shame in saying you don't know.

Some one dispute this statement for me:

"Understand what this project is: It is providing the ability of Canada to pump their oil, send it through our land down to the Gulf where it will be sold everywhere else,” ...

Further, explain to me how this will be a job boom and gas price suppressor for the U.S.?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

THIS^^^^^ . what i have understood is the construction will create many temporary jobs then the long term production and maintenance will be a very low # of permanent jobs. If someone can quantify this for us fence straddlers, we are listening.

I'm shocked at how those on the right are wholesale swallowing this as something positive for the US ... w/o any facts to support it ... amazing.

I'm shocked at how those on the right are wholesale swallowing this as something positive for the US ... w/o any facts to support it ... amazing.

it's another case of left vs right without facts. that is why i ask for facts. i fully support jobs and lower gas/energy prices. just show me how.

Archived