Consistency

juscAUse

Our defense lacks a very important piece causing other positions to look worse. Mostly the secondary. Having to constantly rely on the LB's to help try and create pressure puts an awful lot on the shoulders of the secondary who have to maintain coverage for longer periods of time to begin. Its a fundamental detail of the game that will always favor a decent pass game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ONLY problem I have with our team is at the D-end position and ONLY that we cannot get a pass rush. IMO - the rest of the team looks good. Unfortunately, we play in a mini-NFL division. UGA kicked our behinds on third and long thanks to a pocket you could fit bama's ego into.

The linebackers look solid to you? Re-watch the Georgia game. If that doesn't show you enough, re-watch the MSU game. Anybody that wants to cram it down our middle can do so at will.

=) A LB argument with Mikey......this should be fun. I did not say solid. I said good. They are leaps and bounds better than last season. MSU did not cram it down our throats. All but 1 drive came from our side of the field in that game.

With UGA, what can I say. Both backs went over 120 yrds with about 30 carries each. Even with such a horrendous outcome, we held them in check better than anyone else they played. Given the fact UGA was playing downhill with a good cushion for the entire game, I think we did pretty darn good against that duo. Watching Mason toss passes for 30yrds on 3rd down multiple times during that game, from a squeaky clean pocket, is what kept me coughing up buffalo chicken dip all night. Imagine if they actually had to punt even half the time they were 3rd and long. Gurly and Chubb each were stuffed in the backfield - by linebackers - on multiple occasions bringing up those 3rd downs.

UGA gained 289 net yards rushing on 52 attempts. We did not "hold them in check better than anyone else". MSU crammed that killer TD drive 75 yards down our throats right before half. If anybody wants yards rushing, all they need to do is run at our linebackers. Are they a little better than they were last season? Yes. Up to average SEC standards? No. Swain did provide a small spark of life in the UGA game, we need to see more of him out there.

Our defense lacks a very important piece causing other positions to look worse. Mostly the secondary. Having to constantly rely on the LB's to help try and create pressure puts an awful lot on the shoulders of the secondary who have to maintain coverage for longer periods of time to begin. Its a fundamental detail of the game that will always favor a decent pass game.

The pass rush is very important but you embellishing it. You haven't seen more than 5 or 6 plays where coverage was good but broke down because the qb was able to hold the ball too long. Like I said our corners can't get off blocks, misses jams, can't defend screens. Sometimes they get turned completely around. Secondary problems are much more than no pass rush

It's obvious the lack of a consistent pass rush has plagued our secondary. Maybe they can turn it around against the turds. :zapbama:

Having to use the LBs in the pass rush opens a lot of window to fit passes through. This contributes greatly to the appearance of poor secondary play...especially when the pass rush from the LBs is so ineffective.

Our teams have not been called "THE CARDIAC KIDS" for nothing!!!! :abmbu::cheer::largeAU::happydance:

Archived