Reminder

AuburnSpider

This season should serve as a reminder of just how special 2010 was. It really was a special time for all Auburn fans. It took a special set of circumstances and a once in a quarter century player to get us to the mountain top. I consider myself blessed to have had the opportunity to be in Glendale. I only wish that all true fans could have been there. Maybe in a way they were. I had hoped that being in the game was going to become a semi regular occurance for Auburn but this season has reminded me that that is just not likely. There are sooo many Auburn people who never had the experience of winning it all. We should all stop and remember how sweet it is that that we had that experience. Well as We've had to do too many times over the decades I say to myself again, let's salvage a mediocre season and Beat the Turds!

WAR EAGLE!!

2013 was pretty darn special as well. We may never see a finish to a season like that again.

Alabama. The sess-pool of the south can and has for the last six years been consistently fielding championship caliber teams using players that both Auburn and Alabama fought for on the recruiting trail. Do not get me wrong when I say that there was something extra sweet about 2010 and 2013 but there is no reason why Auburn shouldn't be able to show some consistency year in and year out. With as good of players and coaches that have come through Auburn in the last six years there is little excuse for the setbacks we've seen.

Cam was great on offense, but Nick Fairley on defense was just as great! We haven't had his pass rush since up the middle.

His greatest play in my opinion was the play against Alabama in the red zone. If Alabama scores this trip there is no great comeback to win.

Fairley drives a very capable lineman for Alabama into the backfield and THROWS HIM IN THE AIR INTO MCELROY CAUSING A FUMBLE AND THEN HE RECOVERS THE FUMBLE!!!! He played lights out all year without him we do not win the title that year!!!!!

So #16 out of 120 plus is mediocre . During the run mentioned above by bama they have had no more than two years in a row wins, and just before that we had six in a row. Over the last 40 years we have been better overall. I think that what eats at some fans is their success while lil nick has been there. He is a good coach but lot of his reputation is myth. Remember in that same time AU won two SEC championship just like them, and I feel sure last years FSU was better than any team they faced in BCS games Overall the last twenty years AU is a top ten team. Nothing about is mediocre. By the way since 1993 we have 3 undefeated seasons, that more than any other team. WDE

Bama hasn't lost more than 2 games during the regular season since 08. That is the kind of streak i think is what AU is striving to become. It's consistency in the level of play.

Bama hasn't lost more than 2 games during the regular season since 08. That is the kind of streak i think is what AU is striving to become. It's consistency in the level of play.

One might call that "little brother syndrome".

One might call that "little brother syndrome".

Bite your tongue. There's nothing "little brother" about it. It's a matter of consistency and relevancy. Relevancy matters in the recruiting trail and little more brings that on faster than mediocrity.

2010, they lost to usce, lsu, auburn. But i get your point.

We should expect 2010 and 2013 each year. WDE

I have no problem with high expectations but i do when they're not met and people get into hyperventilating a lot of righteous indignation as if they're entitled to it every year, Auburn is not entitled to anything they dont earn on the field. There are a lot of good programs with the same ambitions every year and nobody is going to win it all every year

One might callus that "little brother syndrome".

uat is simply the UGLY Sister....

I don't know about anybody else but I get sick of hearing Auburn people talk about Auburn as if "we're just Auburn'..."we can't expect to be good but once every now and then"..."we should accept being second rate almost all the time and having a good team once every 19 to 15 years".

What a load of crap!

We're Auburn and should expect to be good every year. We should expect the best out of Auburn, in every respect and not just athletics, all the time. We should take a back seat to no one. And I'msick of hearing Auburn people acting like they think we should expect less.

This season should serve as a reminder of just how special 2010 was. It really was a special time for all Auburn fans. It took a special set of circumstances and a once in a quarter century player to get us to the mountain top. I consider myself blessed to have had the opportunity to be in Glendale. I only wish that all true fans could have been there. Maybe in a way they were. I had hoped that being in the game was going to become a semi regular occurance for Auburn but this season has reminded me that that is just not likely. There are sooo many Auburn people who never had the experience of winning it all. We should all stop and remember how sweet it is that that we had that experience. Well as We've had to do too many times over the decades I say to myself again, let's salvage a mediocre season and Beat the Turds!

WAR EAGLE!!

Indeed!

I didn't make the 2010 trip to Glendale, but I did make the trip to Pasadena. I can remember where I was and what I did. I did not scream, shout, or run...I just simply sat back with "balled fists" and threw my hands up! Such a surreal moment. 2010 and 2013 were special and "We Will Be Back".

War Eagle!

#BeatBama

Well, there are "High expectations" and then there are "Realistic expectations" CNS has uat to a level that we are trying to get there and as far as I remember CNS took a few years and went from average to above average to great when it came to recruiting players to fit his style of play( remember La-Monroe anyone). How many years has CNS been @ uat? Last year was lightning in a bottle and this year our schedule was ridiculously difficult. Considering who we lost to the NFL and to injury/suspension I think expectations were unrealistic to expect to make it the playoffs with all those circumstances arising. I want us to win every game we play and win championships every year but my expectations are for our young men to be well prepared for the game at hand and to give 100% throughout the game. If we are prepared and give great effort then we will definitely win way more then we will lose. I believe CGM is the right man for Auburn and he will get Auburn to where we are always competing for championships, he will get the assistant coaches in order (some will be replaced I'm sure) and we will be mentioned with the greats soon but until then IGTBAAT Always!! War Eagle!

We are not very far off from meeting this expectation. We just need a little defense, and some consistency on special teams. We are wasting offensive production.

Being there shouldn't be a once in a quarter century thing for Auburn.

Why is everybody so scared of having high expectations?

I don't know about anybody else but I get sick of hearing Auburn people talk about Auburn as if "we're just Auburn'..."we can't expect to be good but once every now and then"..."we should accept being second rate almost all the time and having a good team once every 19 to 15 years".

What a load of crap!

We're Auburn and should expect to be good every year. We should expect the best out of Auburn, in every respect and not just athletics, all the time. We should take a back seat to no one. And I'msick of hearing Auburn people acting like they think we should expect less.

agree 100%. There is no reason we should expect anything less. WDE

WAR EAGLE!!

Probably different from most fans, I expect Auburn to strive for excellence in everything they do. Not just athletics but academically also. I expect my engineering school to have the technology and professors that rival any other school in the country. I also expect to have the players and coaches that give Auburn the chance at success.

I think I speak for a lot of people on this board when I say that our lives don't revolve around how 85 kids perform on a given Saturday. We just want to see a team that has prepared enough to win the game that they are playing that day, and sadly it hasn't been the case this year.

When someone tells me I should expect to lose, that's what pisses me off. Why don't one of y'all in the "We're Auburn we're losers crowd" go tell Gus it's okay to lose because we're Auburn.

Losing Lawson, Kozan, Whitehead and (wait for it...) Gage Batten made a bigger difference than I was expecting this year. Beat Samford, lose to Bama, win bowl game equals 4 loses which is what Tubbs averaged. Win out equals 3 loses which is about what Dye averaged. Not too bad after the second year and going to BCS first year. Expect it every year but be realistic with the results. And I know it's more than wins and loses. It's also who you beat, who you lose to, and how the team looks doing it. Not ready to panic yet. Now if we get a 40 or 50 point shutout loss to Bama, that could change.

Being there shouldn't be a once in a quarter century thing for Auburn.

Why is everybody so scared of having high expectations?

What a load of crap!

agree 100%. There is no reason we should expect anything less. WDE

I don't see anyone that is scared of having high expectations. I have high expectations!!!

Hell, I still have high expectations for our remaining three games this year.

I'm just sick of all the cry babies when we don't meet OUR EXPECTATIONS!!!

Archived