Effect of Muschamp's firing

CameronCrazy

Florida wants an offensive minded coach. I originally believed that would be Mullen, but I'm now hearing that Hugh Freeze may be higher on the list. If Hugh Freeze does get the Florida job, that could push Javon Patterson our way if he does indeed commit to the Rebels later this week. This would also sure of a guy like CeCe Jefferson who has long been a Gator lean. He was high on the Rebels last month, but he now seems to be trending toward Alabama. I would much rather see him in Gainesville than Tuscaloosa. Martez Ivey would more than likely be un-phased no matter who they hire.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freeze is never leaving ole miss, That was his team he rooted for before he coached there. On the other hand i could see mullen going back to UF, and personally i think thats a pretty decent choice.

Mullen caught lightening in a bottle this year. It's the best he'll ever do at Mississippi State. Next year, they'll be back to a 5-6 loss team like they usually are. There will never be long term success there. Mullen is an ok coach, but the Florida job is way over his head just like it was for Muschamp, IMO. While I know that MSU is not an easy place to build anything, I would fully expect Florida to have their sites a little higher and find someone that has actually built something and established a consistent winning program and MSU or not, Mullen hasn't done that.

I heard weeks ago on the radio here (Scott McKinney's show) that it was highly possible if Muschamp was shown the door the leading candidate for that job would be Rick Neuheisel (sp?). I for one would love that. Jeremy Foley and Neuheisel are friends apparently. Below average coach that has the NCAA at his program within 5 years. It will take a while to build Florida back after what Myer and Muschamp have done, but if they bring Neuheisel in, they'll likely end up on probation before he can build anything. I would love to see that happen. I hate florida.

Supposedly, Foley and Mullen don't get along at all but I'd be stunned if they went after Neuheisel. Freeze will get a nice raise ...just got a contract extension. Maybe RichRod? Or Gary Patterson as a D guy.

you can tell mullen is in over his head. With the bama game on the line, and time outs in his pocket, he wastes over a minute of time trying to get a touchdown. I really dont care where he goes, really dont care who gets the UF job. Everything i'm looking at says its going to be underwhelming

Freeze is never leaving ole miss, That was his team he rooted for before he coached there. On the other hand i could see mullen going back to UF, and personally i think thats a pretty decent choice.

Mullen caught lightening in a bottle this year. It's the best he'll ever do at Mississippi State. Next year, they'll be back to a 5-6 loss team like they usually are. There will never be long term success there. Mullen is an ok coach, but the Florida job is way over his head just like it was for Muschamp, IMO. While I know that MSU is not an easy place to build anything, I would fully expect Florida to have their sites a little higher and find someone that has actually built something and established a consistent winning program and MSU or not, Mullen hasn't done that.

I heard weeks ago on the radio here (Scott McKinney's show) that it was highly possible if Muschamp was shown the door the leading candidate for that job would be Rick Neuheisel (sp?). I for one would love that. Jeremy Foley and Neuheisel are friends apparently. Below average coach that has the NCAA at his program within 5 years. It will take a while to build Florida back after what Myer and Muschamp have done, but if they bring Neuheisel in, they'll likely end up on probation before he can build anything. I would love to see that happen. I hate florida.

Muschamp the other day in his press conference said to UF fans to not let the next coach tell them there's no talent left.

This thread has evolved to a Florida coaching search thread. Either get this thread AU recruiting related fellas or it gets moved to the rivals football section.

Bottom line is we won't know how swingable UF/AU recruits feel until we and they know who's replacing Muschamp and staff. Yes?

Pretty much.

Effect? We now hire Muschamp as DC and remind people of what a good coach he is. He uses his influence to sway UFLA recruits our way.

Effect? We now hire Muschamp as DC and remind people of what a good coach he is. He uses his influence to sway UFLA recruits our way.

That would be nice

WDE. To that

Muschamp has a clause in his contract prohibiting him from recruiting any kid he was recruiting while employed at UF for a year. (I believe)

If we wan to help our recruiting, Durkin and T-Rob would be more beneficial to us. Durkin will likely not take a lesser (position coach) job, and T-Rob will be one whoever comes wants to retain.

Jay Jacobs and Muschamp have a history and Muschamp will not return to Auburn as long as Jacobs is AD

I keep reading this over and over, What is the history?

Jacobs promised Muschamp a certain number of tickets to one of our games, then failed to come through. Hothead Muschamp got mad and left. Jacobs also promised the best coach in any sport in the history of this state that there would be some minor improvements made to the swimming facilities. When Jacobs didn't deliver, David Marsh, winner of 10 swimming national championships, left. Unlike Mushamp, Marsh is not a hothead, just an Auburn Man who thinks people should keep their word.

Jay Jacobs and Muschamp have a history and Muschamp will not return to Auburn as long as Jacobs is AD

I keep reading this over and over, What is the history?

Jacobs promised Muschamp a certain number of tickets to one of our games, then failed to come through. Hothead Muschamp got mad and left. Jacobs also promised the best coach in any sport in the history of this state that there would be some minor improvements made to the swimming facilities. When Jacobs didn't deliver, David Marsh, winner of 10 swimming national championships, left. Unlike Mushamp, Marsh is not a hothead, just an Auburn Man who thinks people should keep their word.

All coaches got 8 tickets to the bowl game in Atlanta. Muschamp originally asked for 18 and he got them. He then went back and demanded 12 more. When told no he got pissed. Resigned & went to Texas. End of story.

Archived