Week 13 (Auburn vs. Samford) - Tuesday Updates

RunInRed

HC Gus Malzahn

Big fan of Coach Malzahn's ensemble today. Starts by saying he thinks the world of #Samford head coach Pat Sullivan

B2vXQ3_IUAAZ6Py.jpg

@melissaykim

Malzahn: "We've got a strong group of seniors. ... There's no doubt in my mind we're going to finish this thing strong. We've still got a lot to play for."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn on failing to repeat as SEC champs: "That's definitely disappointing, but that's something we have to deal with."

Malzahn on WR Dhaquille Williams: "He's not been back on the field yet, but it's week-to-week. Not ready to say when (we'll get him back)."

Malzahn on team's recent struggles: "I've coached for 25 years and I've been through much more difficult stretches than this."

Malzahn on Shon Coleman: "Shon Coleman is a very good player, he's like any good players … he has good games and bad games."

@AUBlog

Malzahn says Duke Williams hasn't practiced since the Texas A&M game.

@JayGTate

Malzahn on Pat Sullivan "he's an Auburn legend"

@ITATJason

Malzahn: "We're always going to have high goals. You don't always reach your goals. The true winners are ones that bounce back."

Malzahn: Despite play the last two weeks, Malzahn still convinced team can finish strong.

Malzahn: No changes to starting lineup this week.

@DanaSulonen

Malzahn says he has confidence in his defensive staff, but defense has to do a better job of covering up deficiencies.

Malzahn on Ellis Johnson: He's been one of the better DCs in this league for over 20 years & he's earned a lot of respect.

@jzenor

Gus Malzahn said he has confidence in defensive staff when asked if he has confidence in Ellis Johnson and Co. this year and next season.

@bmarcello

Gus Malzahn on Carl Lawson returning: "It doesn't look that way."

@BMattAU

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on how to find edge: "That's part of coaching strategy. You've got to figure out which buttons to push for your team."

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn on the Florida job: "I've got one of the best jobs here at Auburn and I'm totally committed to that."

@JamesCrepea

Auburn's Gus Malzahn "Bottom line, we haven't played very well the last 2 wks" he adds they are capable of being a "very good team." I agree

@jimdunaway

Guest jojo1515
Gus Malzahn said he has confidence in defensive staff when asked if he has confidence in Ellis Johnson and Co. this year and next season.

@bmarcello

The kiss of death ....vote of confidence....

Reese Dismukes

Auburn center Reese Dismukes: "We're disappointed in the way we played last week. We're just ready to get back on the field."

@AUGoldMine

Reese Dismukes on the "carry over" from TAMU: "you can't let one game beat you twice."

Reese Dismukes on critics of coaching: "there's a lot of people out there who are going to talk who don't know anything about anything."

@JamesCrepea

Dismukes on last gm at JHS: "It's going to be, … it's crazy that it's all coming to an end. A lot of great Saturdays, some good & some bad."

Dismukes: "There's a lot of people out there that's going to say stuff, right now it's just letting our young guys not to listen to that."

@AUBlog

Auburn center Reese Dismukes: If we win out, we're still going to be a proud bunch of guys.

@jzenor

Nick Marshall

We're speaking with Nick Marshall for the first time in the middle of a game week this season right now.

Nick Marshall: "There probably was some carryover from Texas A&M."

@bmarcello

Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall: "The mindset and confidence level is everybody sticks together."

Nick Marshall, current quarterback and former college DB, says he's "open to play anything" in NFL, "but I'm looking to play quarterback."

@AUGoldMine

Marshall on his progression: "I know I'm way better than I was last year. ... I'm not putting us in a bind as much."

Marshall on playing final home game Saturday: "I'm going to miss being here with my guys, my teammates."

Marshall on losing to Georgia: "It was hard. Coming back to my home (state), we didn't play the way we wanted to."

How does it feel to know Auburn can't win a national championship this year? "It's dreadful," Marshall said.

@wareagleextra

How does it feel to know Auburn can't win a national championship this year? "It's dreadful," Marshall said.

The fans agree too.

wonder if this is why the team was down for the GA game. The players can't focus on this. They must focus on the next weeks opponent.

I would be surprised if Auburn beats Samford by more than 14-17 points. Not because of our issues but because of the respect Gus has

for Coach Sullivan. This game is about the seniors and Pat Sullivan not the score.

I would be surprised if Auburn beats Samford by more than 14-17 points. Not because of our issues but because of the respect Gus has

for Coach Sullivan. This game is about the seniors and Pat Sullivan not the score.

It would be an injustice to this team if the coaches don't try and improve, meaning a score north of 42 points. Now if you're saying you think Samford can score 28, I understand.

I think the score will reflect how hard the Auburn players want to play, not the coaches trying to hit big plays. There may be a couple of impact plays early but after that that it will be all CAP, Roc, Corey & Co. When JJ gets in I would expect him to throw a few short passes but let the RBs do the work. The score will only be lopsided if the players are ready to have a big game.

@bmarcello

fingers crossed

@bmarcello

fingers crossed

I hope you guys don't jump off a high bridge when there are no changes made to the defensive coaching staff.

@bmarcello

fingers crossed

I hope you guys don't jump off a high bridge when there are no changes made to the defensive coaching staff.

i won't jump. I must remind myself of Gus' sucess and hope he has a grasp of the situation. I just hate to see back to back ELITE offensive teams that don't even have mediocre defense to lean on.

Archived