2015 4* DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma signee)

ellitor

4_2930134.jpg

6'3, 300 lbs, 4.7/42

Ontario, Canada

Selected to play in the US Army All American Bowl in January

26 Power 5 Conference offers including AU, tOSU, Oregon, OU, & FSU

Highlights

@JoshHelmholdt · 6 minutes ago

#Rivals250 DT Neville Gallimore changes up his visit plans, will now visit #Auburn this wknd http://rvls.co/1yqaIPT

I may be showing my ignorance (not the first time for that) but how did a guy from Ontario, Canada get selected to play in the the US Army All American Bowl?

Family probably has Army background. The Army game places emphasis on trying to get the most talented kids with character to play in their game. It appears that would include a kid just on the other side of Buffalo.

One thing I like is he plays sideline to sideline and up and down the field. Doesn`t seem to have any quit in him. Interesting prospect to say he least.

Think he is coming on OV this weekend. We need an explosive kid like this, as many as we can get on the DL. Would be a nice addition to Johnson, and I hope some combo of DJ Jones/Payne/Beckner/Lewis/Swain

We NEED Walker bad as well, but I consider him a near MUST for us ATP. The others are almost certainly DT's for us, with Lewis/Beckner possible tweeners.

“@Path2Greatwork: So excited to take my official visit to the University of Auburn this weekend! #WarEagle”

He coming

Dang it.....Uni. of Auburn beats us to a guy again

E, are we looking at Neville as a DE or a DT? His bio says that he is 300 lbs, but if that's true he is a QUICK 300 pounder! I can't really decide if I'd like to see him as a DT or have him slim up a little bit and play some ILB for us!

To add on to what others have said, I like that his highlight tape isn't just him making big hits, but shows plays where he may not have made a good initial move, but didn't quit and hustled to get back into the play. He plays aggressively and looks like he embraces contact, but he does so in a way that isn't "playing dirty". I did notice, however, that fundamentally he needs a little work (i.e. hitting guys low instead of just trying to rip them down from up high, etc.). Some of the tackles that he makes will work in high school, but not so much in college (though that can be said with 99.9% of recruits). He would be a great addition to the class!

E, are we looking at Neville as a DE or a DT? His bio says that he is 300 lbs, but if that's true he is a QUICK 300 pounder! I can't really decide if I'd like to see him as a DT or have him slim up a little bit and play some ILB for us!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :headscratch:

E, are we looking at Neville as a DE or a DT?

I don't understand what difference that makes at this point in time. If he signs with Auburn he'll be put where we need him the most, which is usually the position at which he'll have the best chance to succeed. "Get 'em here, evaluate 'em and put 'em where they belong." That's how it's been done since the very beginning of scholarships.

One thing I like is he plays sideline to sideline and up and down the field. Doesn`t seem to have any quit in him. Interesting prospect to say he least.

And aren't Canadian football fields wider than American ones? If so guy has good lateral speed

And aren't Canadian football fields wider than American ones? If so guy has good lateral speed

Yeah, considerably wider. American football fields are 53 yards and change, I think. Canadian football fields are 65 yards wide (and 150 yards long compared to our 120).

WDE!

Watched the film. He is fast. That is some horrible football he is playing against and for though. He will need a lot of coaching.

It has not been reported specifically but given every other guy with his size we recruited at DT I think it's safe to assume we're recruiting him at DT.

Not as issue. His teams play American football, their home field uses AF dimensions, and they only play American teams including notables St. Ignatius and St. Eswards from Ohio.

"@Path2Greatwork: So excited to take my official visit to the University of Auburn this weekend! #WarEagle"

He coming

Dang it.....Uni. of Auburn beats us to a guy again

I know, right?

Archived