Who supports property rights?

TexasTiger

Looks dirty to me as well. I guess laws are just there to be broken. Maybe the president can sign another executive order for them....

Not surprisingly, eminent domain, is perfectly good and honorable when it is the left taking people's private property for self serving reasons but it is dirty stuff when its a conservative cause that promotes capitalism

Property rights should be fiercely protected. Eminent Domain should not be used to compromise ownership, or ownership rights, for private concerns.

Well, we can agree on one thing after all however, eminent domain is one of the lefts favorite go to strategies when its under the guise "protecting the environment" So are you willing to condemn them for that as well or just the pipeline crowd?

Property rights should be fiercely protected. Eminent Domain should not be used to compromise ownership, or ownership rights, for private concerns.

Well, we can agree on one thing after all however, eminent domain is one of the lefts favorite go to strategies when its under the guise "protecting the environment" So are you willing to condemn them for that as well or just the pipeline crowd?

They don't even go so far as to use eminent domain. In that case they must at least pay the property owner for the land. The environmental wackos at the EPA simply won't allow you to use your land. You can keep ownership but you can't do anything with it.

They don't even go so far as to use eminent domain. In that case they must at least pay the property owner for the land. The environmental wackos at the EPA simply won't allow you to use your land. You can keep ownership but you can't do anything with it.

But thats different, its not about exercising brute political power its about protecting the environment. :-\

I think the landowners and Trans Canada can come to an arrangement that will satisfy everyone. I have a feeling some of the landowners aren't so much opposed to selling the ROW as they are in trying to make a killing off it, getting way more than the property is worth.Trans Canada should pay them fair market value for the property and maybe even slightly above. If the two sides will sit down in good faith I'm sure a reasonable solution can be found. As for the environmental idiots, well their claims have been debunked a thousand times over.

I think the landowners and Trans Canada can come to an arrangement that will satisfy everyone. I have a feeling some of the landowners aren't so much opposed to selling the ROW as they are in trying to make a killing off it, getting way more than the property is worth.Trans Canada should pay them fair market value for the property and maybe even slightly above. If the two sides will sit down in good faith I'm sure a reasonable solution can be found. As for the environmental idiots, well their claims have been debunked a thousand times over.

you dont think people would feign opposition as a negotiating strategy ..do you? :jossun:

you dont think people would feign opposition as a negotiating strategy ..do you? :jossun:

No they wouldn't do that :big: I've seen that up close. The State is widening out one of the highways up here. They had a hell of a time with some of the landowners trying to hold them up for more money.

you dont think people would feign opposition as a negotiating strategy ..do you? :jossun:/>

yes and i don't blame them one damn bit. There will be tons of money in this for the rich and few. I would get mine too if i could.

you dont think people would feign opposition as a negotiating strategy ..do you? :jossun:/>

yes and i don't blame them one damn bit. There will be tons of money in this for the rich and few. I would get mine too if i could.

ah here is the crux of the matter. Your envy is showing. Why are rich people always vilified? Why is it that we celebrate someone who wins the lottery but dump all over a successful businessman and call him evil?

ah here is the crux of the matter. Your envy is showing. Why are rich people always vilified? Why is it that we celebrate someone who wins the lottery but dump all over a successful businessman and call him evil?

Rich people are the reason for everything that's wrong in the world. Dont you know that? Pay attention when Fauxcahontas emerges as a Presidential hopeful with her populist drivel about the evils of the rich and how everything is stacked against the poor. Its unreal, to me, there is so much energy expended envying what someone else has accomplished that people would elect officials on the promise they'll bring the rich down. Like I say, watch Fauxcahontas, my favorite Indian.

Because that rich business man likely dumped on plenty of people to get rich. They get the upper hand and use it to their advantage usually with no shame. Hell look at the thread on Net Neutrality where you are backing the internet pirates to your own detriment. I really dont care one way or the other about the pipeline. I just refuse to buy into how good it will be for us as a country,economy. Elephant Tipper posted some good stuff in the other thread but its simpler than that. You are trading one means of shipment for another. jobs gained will be fewer than jobs lost in the long run. You are bringing in dirty oil that a very small percentage can even be used to produce gas, to refineries that are already operating at capacity. It will not improve prices at the pump. 40 new permanent jobs are great, thousands of temp jobs are not really a bad thing. Environmentally maybe a wash? depending on who you listen to? If the only hold back is land ownners that want to maximize their part that should not bother anyone who is going to bat for the rich.

Because that rich business man likely dumped on plenty of people to get rich. They get the upper hand and use it to their advantage usually with no shame. Hell look at the thread on Net Neutrality where you are backing the internet pirates to your own detriment. I really dont care one way or the other about the pipeline. I just refuse to buy into how good it will be for us as a country,economy. Elephant Tipper posted some good stuff in the other thread but its simpler than that. You are trading one means of shipment for another. jobs gained will be fewer than jobs lost in the long run. You are bringing in dirty oil that a very small percentage can even be used to produce gas, to refineries that are already operating at capacity. It will not improve prices at the pump. 40 new permanent jobs are great, thousands of temp jobs are not really a bad thing. Environmentally maybe a wash? depending on who you listen to? If the only hold back is land ownners that want to maximize their part that should not bother anyone who is going to bat for the rich.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. If your level of understanding of how things work is that out of whack and warped with hatred, there isn't much that can be done for you. It's all been explained a thousand times over but whatever. No rich man is asking you or anyone else to go to bat for him. I myself refuse to get caught up in class envy. I intend to forge ahead and become one of the "winners of life's lottery." As for the landowners, I bear them no ill will. That is good old fashioned capitalism. They will work out a deal.

Progressives and elitists espouse property rights...unless it's their property.

Progressives and elitists espouse property rights...unless it's their property.

I think you have to be careful with labels and generalizations.

Archived