Lois Lerner's Emails FOUND, All 30,000

Elephant Tipper

http://www.examiner....s-investigators

'Missing' Lois Lerner emails found after all by IRS investigators

When congressional investigators demanded that the IRS turn over emails sent by Lois Lerner during the time that she was conducting harassment of tea party and conservative groups, the tax agency claimed that the emails were forever missing as Lerner’s hard drive had crashed. The claim was met with disbelief from just about anyone who is familiar with backup features in computer systems. The Washington Examiner reported on Fridaythat the IRS has now found 30,000 of the allegedly missing emails dating between 2009 and 2011.

Lerner had been in charge of approving applications by organizations for tax exempt status during the time covered by the emails. Ever since the revelation that she subjected certain groups whose political stance was opposed to President Obama to special scrutiny, making harassing demands for information, and slow walking their applications, she has been at the center of a media and political firestorm. The tale of the missing emails just added to the suspicion that a cover-up was being conducted by the Obama administration.

Both congressional investigators and the groups that Lerner and the IRS abused believe that the emails may represent that “smoking gun” similar to the Watergate secret tapes that could tie the scandal to the White House. Currently, the IRS is busily collecting the emails with the presumed goal of handing them over to investigators. What happens next largely depends on what is contained within them.

Lerner, for her part, has refused to testify under oath about her role in the scandal, invoking her Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination. She has since left government service and is busily avoiding the media, except to proclaim her innocence and to proclaim that she is proud of what she did. However, sooner or later, Lerner will be called upon to account for her actions.

Related article with additional info: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/21/lois-lerner-emails-may-have-found-investigators/

http://www.examiner....s-investigators

'Missing' Lois Lerner emails found after all by IRS investigators

When congressional investigators demanded that the IRS turn over emails sent by Lois Lerner during the time that she was conducting harassment of tea party and conservative groups, the tax agency claimed that the emails were forever missing as Lerner’s hard drive had crashed. The claim was met with disbelief from just about anyone who is familiar with backup features in computer systems. The Washington Examiner reported on Fridaythat the IRS has now found 30,000 of the allegedly missing emails dating between 2009 and 2011.

Lerner had been in charge of approving applications by organizations for tax exempt status during the time covered by the emails. Ever since the revelation that she subjected certain groups whose political stance was opposed to President Obama to special scrutiny, making harassing demands for information, and slow walking their applications, she has been at the center of a media and political firestorm. The tale of the missing emails just added to the suspicion that a cover-up was being conducted by the Obama administration.

Both congressional investigators and the groups that Lerner and the IRS abused believe that the emails may represent that “smoking gun” similar to the Watergate secret tapes that could tie the scandal to the White House. Currently, the IRS is busily collecting the emails with the presumed goal of handing them over to investigators. What happens next largely depends on what is contained within them.

Lerner, for her part, has refused to testify under oath about her role in the scandal, invoking her Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination. She has since left government service and is busily avoiding the media, except to proclaim her innocence and to proclaim that she is proud of what she did. However, sooner or later, Lerner will be called upon to account for her actions.

Amazing, they find the emails and announce this after the mid term election on the Friday before the lame duck Congress goes on recess for Thanksgiving.

The U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed congressional staffers from several committees on Friday that the emails were found among hundreds of “disaster recovery tapes” that were used to back up the IRS email system.

Sorry, must be a mistake...they said the hard drive was irreparably damaged....I mean the hard drive was destroyed....I mean, well, we actually didn't look for them at all....so this couldn't have actually found them...

Sorry, must be a mistake...they said the hard drive was irreparably damaged....I mean the hard drive was destroyed....I mean, well, we actually didn't look for them at all....so this couldn't have actually found them...

All the IT and security people in the country were laughing at the politicians, accountants and lawyers that run the IRS for months. All e-mail has been kept on exchange mail servers by large organizations for the last 10 to 15 years with backup DR tapes being made. The person's local PC hard drive is not trusted to hold those emails. It is actually difficult to get rid of e-mail because it is backed up on so many DR tapes from different emails servers involved in sending and receiving e-mail. Ironically the IRS and FBI uses this to do forensic tax audits of private companies.

Nothing to see there. Remember? She said she'd done nothing wrong and took the 5th twice just because she didn't want to be bothered with answering any questions.. :nopityA:

I hope they put her ass in jail for a long time.

Jail ? You're kidding. Holder will never prosecute & Obama will pardon.

I thought they were destroyed as part of a conspiracy ? You guys promised !

Not for lack of trying. Dipschmidt.

This could get interesting.

Gee, ya think ?

Please forgive me for not pretending that I already know the content of those emails.

Damn fact-based libbie!

Fact based? Lol. 30,000 emails he knows the contents of ? Bammer troll

This could get interesting.

Gee, ya think ?

Please forgive me for not pretending that I already know the content of those emails.

Damn fact-based libbie!

Fact based? Lol. 30,000 emails he knows the contents of ? Bammer troll

"Bammer Troll? " Refill your meds!

Anyone who denies that 30000 emails which Lerner knowingly tried to destroy , claimed were lost as she pled the 5th isn't news or significant is a troll. I'm so damn sick of this partisan blind bs act of lefties.

...Dipschmidt.

...Bammer...

You need to take a break.

. Nope

* bammer's dismiss, ignore and play dumb to the long list of overt cheating that goes on, even when it's caught on camera. For anyone to jump right out and claim there's nothing to these THIRTY THOUSAND E-mails, the very ones Lerner said were lost, the very ones the IRS had said they COULD recover, but it'd be too much trouble , so why even bother, I'm sorry, that's flat out updyke level crookedness. Don't like it ? Tough.

Kinda funny.

Not for lack of trying. Dipschmidt.

Definitely funny. Haven't heard dipschmidt since forever. :laugh:

If what we are learning about fast and furious is any indication, I have a pretty good idea of the types of things we will find in these emails. In case you missed it, the administration has finally released all the documents concerning that.

If you ever for one second believed that those emails were actually missing off the servers without being manually deleted...well you are an ACA Voter.

Now they turn up...and Holder is on his way out the door. We may get to the bottom of the emails, but Lerner isnt going to do a day in jail. Just like there are no Wall Streeters in jail now either.

If you ever for one second believed that those emails were actually missing off the servers without being manually deleted...well you are an ACA Voter.

Now they turn up...and Holder is on his way out the door. We may get to the bottom of the emails, but Lerner isnt going to do a day in jail. Just like there are no Wall Streeters in jail now either.

Lerner has 26 months to spill the beans if the presidency becomes Republican. Her lawyer adopted the "wait and see" approach like BO does, only her get out jail free card will lose value the closer the change in leadership approaches I would think. Should a Republican president be elected and the House and Senate remain in Republican control.....she will be screwed, unless she talks real fast with details, lots of details....IF she is genuinely implicated in her scam (and I believe she will be).

Lerner has 26 months to spill the beans if the presidency becomes Republican. Her lawyer adopted the "wait and see" approach like BO does, only her get out jail free card will lose value the closer the change in leadership approaches I would think. Should a Republican president be elected and the House and Senate remain in Republican control.....she will be screwed, unless she talks real fast with details, lots of details....IF she is genuinely implicated in her scam (and I believe she will be).

eleventh hour pardon...PBO selected Holder. Holder was the King of the eleventh hour FALN pardons. His successor will cover the Lerner mess and recommend pardon. I am not a prophet, just observant.

Archived