Loeffler's VT v Wake Forest

around4ever

In what appears to be a battle of offensive juggernauts, Wake Forest beats Scott Loeffler's Virginia Tech 6-3 in Double Overtime. 0-0 at the end of regulation.

probably the first 0-0 tie in this century. And then they got sacked and missed the FG that would have kept them alive.

I got into a Twitter battle with Andy Bitter over Lefty after Lefty's "Recruiting is the world" comment, which Bitter reported. Bitter was the former Auburn beat writer for the Columbus Ledger Enquirer who went with Loeffler to Virginia to be the VT beat writer for the Roanoke Times.

If there was any question to Loeffler's ability as an OC, it should be answered now. At Auburn and VT he has had offenses in the bottom 25% of the FBS in both scoring and yardage.

Jacobs has hired some guys who have made some questionable hires in their final years. At least Tony Franklin had potential, I don't know what to say about Loafer

Ha, SL isn't in Franklin's league as a coach.

You could change the uniforms on VT to our blue/white and could not tell the offenses apart....and the results are about the same. Thus far my VT friends have been buying the argument that he does not have the right QB....not sure how much longer that will last.

I got into a Twitter battle with Andy Bitter over Lefty after Lefty's "Recruiting is the world" comment, which Bitter reported. Bitter was the former Auburn beat writer for the Columbus Ledger Enquirer who went with Loeffler to Virginia to be the VT beat writer for the Roanoke Times.

If there was any question to Loeffler's ability as an OC, it should be answered now. At Auburn and VT he has had offenses in the bottom 25% of the FBS in both scoring and yardage.

The media is pretty powerful. At least one of the reasons Lefty will hang-on to his job. You know it's the recruiting, or Lefty doesn't have the right QB yet. What a joke!

Maybe Bud Foster is ready for a change of scenery. Only thing that's keeping that team remotely competitive.

Pitched a shutout in regulation, then gave up a total of -2 yards to Wake's offense in two overtimes...and lost.

Maybe Bud Foster is ready for a change of scenery. Only thing that's keeping that team remotely competitive.

Pitched a shutout in regulation, then gave up a total of -2 yards to Wake's offense in two overtimes...and lost.

I do believe that would have driven me to drink.

In March of 2012 Loeffler signed a 2yr deal. That should have been completed this past spring. I would also think whatever AU owed him was reduced by his salary at VT. If VT lets him go they will owe him the balance of the contract.

His contract with auburn was for 500k, i think 3 years. So auburn paid him through this season. His $ at va tech was 150k so we only paid him 350k x2.

Archived