What did we do to the refs?

Johndunc

If we touch a receiver we get a PI, if our receivers touch a defensive back we get a PI! Some we deserve, BUT most we don't. No wonder our DBs are getting beat, they are afraid of get a penalty.

This has to be the worst refereeing in modern history of Auburn football. Are these high school refs? Oh, I meant middle school. I think the refs for the school of the blind have been summoned. For this game. Maybe they will get it right before the end of the game.

Maybe the REC could find a home in Gitmo since its population has been dwindling.

Ha yeah, our penalties are all on the refs and has nothing to do with discipline and focus. It's easier that way anyhow than to accept reality.

pretty blatant push.....he needs to be more subtle about it....putting hands on the defender's back is not a good plan.

There wasn't a florida db within 20 yards of cooper when they played. Sammie didn't even need to touch the guy, the db was in bad position and the pass was short. At least pay attention to the game not claim that every penalty that goes against AU is somehow bad officiating.

There wasn't a florida db within 20 yards of cooper when they played. Sammie didn't even need to touch the guy, the db was in bad position and the pass was short. At least pay attention to the game not claim that every penalty that goes against AU is somehow bad officiating.

If u can go back and take a look when someone is running step for step with cooper, he does push off

A push-off is one thing, a touch that had nothing to do with the play is another. If you are going to call every touch between a WO and DB, a flag would have to be thrown on about 30% to 45% of all pass plays.

Pretty ridiculous!

A push-off is one thing, a touch that had nothing to do with the play is another. If you are going to call every touch between a WO and DB, a flag would have to be thrown on about 30% to 45% of all pass plays.

Pretty ridiculous!

I have to agree with you here. I thought that flag on Coates was extremely nit picky. Yes he put both hands in his back, but it really did nothing to give him an advantage in catching the ball. They could have easily passed on that.

I think the PI call on Coates was a good one. I saw it right when it happened and called it immediately without needing to see the replay. Could he have caught the ball without needing to push off? Probably so. Yet the zebra can't make that assumption and has to call it because the push off was just enough that it could have kept the defender from making a play or gave Sammie a little extra separation.

Here is the the thing about bad calls; every game has them, so complaining about them is silly in my opinion. A good team overcomes them, a bad time uses them as excuses. A heard a coach say one time that if you don't want bad calls to affect your game, then don't be in a position where they can. It doesn't get much simpler than that. For the most part, the penalties against us have been legit. I have a huge problem with the amount of personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties we seem to have accumulated this year. Maybe it is just my mind playing tricks on me, but it seems like we have had more this year than the last several years combined. It goes without saying that we are having a problem playing with discipline right now. I don't recall ever seeing an Auburn team starting out so good and then regressing so much. We usually start out good and get better, start out a little rocky and get better, or we start out bad and stay bad. Go figure.

Pretty ridiculous!

I have to agree with you here. I thought that flag on Coates was extremely nit picky. Yes he put both hands in his back, but it really did nothing to give him an advantage in catching the ball. They could have easily passed on that.

Thanks for saying, I really appreciate that. :)

We're just a very undisciplined team right now. Well six players anyway who are making most of the stupid penalty mistakes. Apparently they are not being held accountable at least until the Mincy chewing. Chiz used to say he didn't mind mistakes of agression. Well I do. These bonehead plays get you beat. When these unnamed players get beat on a play they get frustrated and try to make up for it on the next play hence a PI, holding call, false start, or personal foul. I think it's hard for coaches to fix an attitude.

Normally I would scoff at this thread. But this year I am honestly bothered and really feel like too many calls against us are a bit too coincidental; as in we get called on defense consistently when the other team is in a jam and needs a big play or when we reel off a big play the questionable "holding" or phantom "offensive pass interference" call gets thrown at us. That has literally happened in every big SEC game this year. Does every game have a questionable call or two? Yes it does. But that we get calls against us consistently at the worst possible time in every big game in one season tells me one of two things - we are a highly undisciplined team or there is something going on behind the scenes. That we were not so heavily penalized in our first 5 games (notably not so much in our early conference games) this year and not so much last year leads me to be awfully suspicious. A well disciplined group of kids that plays together this long doesn't just lose discipline in one week and repeat that performance over the course of 4-5 freaking weeks!!! And literally, in every game from MSU onwards, there are numerous, highly suspect penalties or calls going against us. And in almost ALL of those cases you can review the video and see the calls were just plain BS. From the offensive PI against Coates in the MSU game (which looked almost to a tee exactly like MSU's 4th down conversion where WE got called for a defensive PI), to the CAP "fumble" against the aggies to any number of BS calls against us in the Ole Miss game - there is NO WAY you look at ALL of those calls against us and can honestly say it was all because of our players making mistakes or a lack of discipline on our part; NO way. Were some calls correct? yes. But all too often a suspect holding call or BS offensive PI has been called that is just pure garbage. Even in the Samford game, I see Mincy drew a flag for PI when the receiver was the one that did the pushing off!! :dunno: Its just BS. So yeah; I am now FULLY on board with the notion that the REC is shoving $$$$ at the officiating crew - or there are just too many bammers working in the SEC officiating crews. I think they have been told to call garbage calls against us when its even marginally close. After 5 weeks of it of course our players are going to be gun shy. Bammers probably knew that this was the ONLY way Bama was going to keep up with us this year. Its totally lame this year and I finally feel like the NCAA needs to take up the role of controlling officiating; leaving it in the hands of the conferences just leaves it way to open to being skewed in favor of certain teams.

We do get plenty of bad calls go against us. And SEC officials do seem to be among the worst in college football. And, for some reason, it does seem to be all but impossible to get a holding call go our way in J-H. But in all honesty the refs miss some of our guys holding also, and we get a few bad calls go our way...even though it does seem like far more go against us.

I attribute it to terrible officiating more than rigged officiating. And I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I've also noticed that high school refs in Alabama are dumb as bricks. I've seen them call chop blocking on the defense, roughing the passer on the offense, and other such impossible calls.

If the SEC is getting their officials by moving them up from some of the Alabama high school refs then I can see how they come by their incompetence honestly.

Archived