If I am

bmartin3228

PEYTON BARBER I would transfer , you all can blast me as much as you want . I am not a CAP hater but we do not do a good job of substituting RB .I understand not wanting to take a qb out that took us to the NC game last year but sometimes I think Gus is to loyal to players from the past . I just feel like we are wasting so much talent .(Jeremy johnson) Sorry rant over !!!

I have no idea what you are talking about. first CAP is by far the best of our backs. Peyton Barber is behind Roc Thomas and rightly so.

PEYTON BARBER I would transfer , you all can blast me as much as you want . I am not a CAP hater but we do not do a good job of substituting RB .I understand not wanting to take a qb out that took us to the NC game last year but sometimes I think Gus is to loyal to players from the past . I just feel like we are wasting so much talent .(Jeremy johnson) Sorry rant over !!!

Good Lord, CAP has over 1400 yards on the year. He's actually ahead of where Mason was after 11 games.

Put down the bong.

I've said that before, but Idk, I wish we had a stat for how much time the average third string back gets in a Malzahn offense, cause he's definitely gonna behind Racean and likely Jovon.

Marshall runs the read better. They know we will pass or hand off if JJ is in. Marshall is the better option at quarterback.

You can't really state that, Malzahn hasn't allowed Jeremy to run the RO too much so far. Seeing as how he's a real inside power threat, its probably going to be more Inverted Veer than zone read though

Well UGA seemed to use two rb pretty well . Like I said I am not hating on CAP I guess some of you missed that . All I was saying as he carries it a lot , wouldn't hurt to get fresh legs every now and then .

I don't think he's arguing Barber over Cap, but barber hasn't touched the ball before tonight was the LSU game. roc got significant carries/touches on the last scoring drive. I would've thought the last drive would've featured Barber. He does have a lot of time left at Auburn but you have to think that after he was redshirted in 2013 he would've recieved a bit more PT than he has.

All that said, I love CAP and I'll miss his heart when he is gone. Love watching him dip his shoulder and turn upfield grinding out yards. How about that Wallace WR action?

I don't think he's arguing Barber over Cap, but barber hasn't touched the ball before tonight was the LSU game. roc got significant carries/touches on the last scoring drive. I would've thought the last drive would've featured Barber. He does have a lot of time left at Auburn but you have to think that after he was redshirted in 2013 he would've recieved a bit more PT than he has.

All that said, I love CAP and I'll miss his heart when he is gone. Love watching him dip his shoulder and turn upfield grinding out yards. How about that Wallace WR action?

Happy J Wall got in the game and made a play!

Good Lord, CAP has over 1400 yards on the year. He's actually ahead of where Mason was after 11 games.

Put down the bong.

:lmao:

I've said that before, but Idk, I wish we had a stat for how much time the average third string back gets in a Malzahn offense, cause he's definitely gonna behind Racean and likely Jovon.

Marshall runs the read better. They know we will pass or hand off if JJ is in. Marshall is the better option at quarterback.

You can't really state that, Malzahn hasn't allowed Jeremy to run the RO too much so far. Seeing as how he's a real inside power threat, its probably going to be more Inverted Veer than zone read though

I just think there is a reason why Marshall has started for two years. He runs the read well and he's a better passer than he was last year. I do think JJ should have played more tonight but this is still a season with a possibility of ten wins and a New Year's Day bowl win. You've got to keep your best guy in and I think that's Marshall overall.

Also I appreciate the "put the bong down " comments . Let's me know you have zero clue what I was just talking about . Never did I once say CAP was a bad back . Looks like you have a tough time with reading comprehension. Just think players could be utilized more . That's all no reason to say crap like that. Did you not see the first half of the game ?

Well UGA seemed to use two rb pretty well.

And so does Auburn. Perhaps you've missed Corey Grant not to mention a QB that can run as well.
Like I said I am not hating on CAP I guess some of you missed that . All I was saying as he carries it a lot , wouldn't hurt to get fresh legs every now and then .

You don't do that by sitting your best running back. Coming into the game, CAP lead the league in rushing and he's a senior. He's EARNED the right to be the primary back and he's the best back we have. We get fresh legs in there all the time by running Corey Grant, Ricardo Louis, and Quan Bray.

Barber shows promise. Next year will be wide open competition. Roc could play that Grant role with Peyton and jovon competing for feature role. The other rb may redshirt

Also I appreciate the "put the bong down " comments . Let's me know you have zero clue what I was just talking about . Never did I once say CAP was a bad back . Looks like you have a tough time with reading comprehension. Just think players could be utilized more . That's all no reason to say crap like that. Did you not see the first half of the game ?

He's behind CAP, Grant, and Rock. How many carries do you actually think he should get. His time will come next year, if he earns it.

And so does Auburn. Perhaps you've missed Corey Grant not to mention a QB that can run as well.
Like I said I am not hating on CAP I guess some of you missed that . All I was saying as he carries it a lot , wouldn't hurt to get fresh legs every now and then .

You don't do that by sitting your best running back. Coming into the game, CAP lead the league in rushing and he's a senior. He's EARNED the right to be the primary back and he's the best back we have. We get fresh legs in there all the time by running Corey Grant, Ricardo Louis, and Quan Bray.

Because Corey Grant , and Bray had how many carries tonight ???? Common on man really ? So you are counting bray as a back now ? to give you a visual , look at Gurley and Chubb last weekend . Maybe that will help you out . Look at the amount of carries he has , I mean atleast I hope he is close to the top with the amount of carries , but that's beside the point . Your basically saying since we passed on a play we gave him a break . Even then though your still missing the point that we have roc , and peyton that aren't getting their hands on the ball as much as they need too. It doesn't take a genius to re watch the game and watch how explosive roc and peyton are . Maybe you don't have HD and that's the problem .

Adios....

Because Corey Grant , and Bray had how many carries tonight ???? Common on man really ? So you are counting bray as a back now ? to give you a visual , look at Gurley and Chubb last weekend . Maybe that will help you out . Look at the amount of carries he has , I mean atleast I hope he is close to the top with the amount of carries , but that's beside the point . Your basically saying since we passed on a play we gave him a break . Even then though your still missing the point that we have roc , and peyton that aren't getting their hands on the ball as much as they need too. It doesn't take a genius to re watch the game and watch how explosive roc and peyton are . Maybe you don't have HD and that's the problem .

Bray took the carries that would have been Ricardo Louis' carries in the game. While you look at Gurley and Chubb, you are totally overlooking the fact that we have a RUNNING QB. Georgia does NOT. Our QB has close to the same number of carries that Chubb has this year. It would be vastly different if we had a pocket passer at QB....we don't. Chubb went over 1000 yards today, and Marshall is around 730 as a QB...

I never said Roc wasn't explosive. We can't say that about Peyton Barber because we haven't seen him enough yet to make that judgement. I'm saying they are behind TWO SENIOR RB's and a running QB that have combined for over 2000 yards rushing. Did you also know that last year Mason averaged 22.6 carries a game. So far this year CAP is averaging 22.9 carries a game. It's not like he's being overworked by any stretch.

Roc and Peyton will both get their chances in the spring and the fall to win the job and get on the field. Jovon Robinson and Pettway will be in the mix too.

You can say he is very explosive on the few carries that he has had . Try watching in replays . It's easy Barber is really quick and he weighs 225 . Plus look at the weight he throw up (weight room) you can usually tell right off the bat if a guy is explosive. If you want to go hay route send me a message and I will explain how you can be explosive . It's not that tough watch some film and say "hey that guys got a burst.'All I'm saying is we should be rotating more . It's a different look , you would be surprised what a different number in the backfield can do to mindset of a opposing defense. I get your whole thing about giving a break through the whole team , but you just aren't getting it. Does CAP rotate with another back ? Not a qb , not a wr , a running back . I am talkin rb specifically . Please try to grasp that ! You sound like a women trying to make herself right knowing she is wrong. At that Primary RB position we do not hardly rotate at all.

You can say he is very explosive on the few carries that he has had . Try watching in replays . It's easy Barber is really quick and he weighs 225 . Plus look at the weight he throw up (weight room) you can usually tell right off the bat if a guy is explosive. If you want to go hay route send me a message and I will explain how you can be explosive . It's not that tough watch some film and say "hey that guys got a burst.'All I'm saying is we should be rotating more . It's a different look , you would be surprised what a different number in the backfield can do to mindset of a opposing defense. I get your whole thing about giving a break through the whole team , but you just aren't getting it. Does CAP rotate with another back ? Not a qb , not a wr , a running back . I am talkin rb specifically . Please try to grasp that ! You sound like a women trying to make herself right knowing she is wrong. At that Primary RB position we do not hardly rotate at all.

B, you may be on to something here and I'd like to know some specifics about this rotation. Like down and distance substitutions, when and how to substitute based on sets, field position, etc. It's obvious you've studied the stats on this so provide those too for all us to see.

I just think there is a reason why Marshall has started for two years. He runs the read well and he's a better passer than he was last year. I do think JJ should have played more tonight but this is still a season with a possibility of ten wins and a New Year's Day bowl win. You've got to keep your best guy in and I think that's Marshall overall.

I would love to see NM's stats if the WRs had not dropped so many balls this year. Would also love toknow just how many drops we had over the last two years that were catchable. Really hoping JJ has soft hands to throw to next year.

Archived