What is telling...

VA Tiger

Is that Arkansas is a better team at the end of the season than Auburn. Much better. Glad we played them when we did. Weird how the teams have switched places...

Maybe we shouldn't have made fun of them...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could tell they were a better team to start the year than they were last year. They might finish the season with 3 straight wins. Auburn played great against LSU but then the wheels started to come off afterward. Weird.

Is that Arkansas is a better team at the end of the season than Auburn. Much better. Glad we played them when we did. Weird how the teams have switched places...

Maybe we shouldn't have made fun of them...

They are MUCH better. Their D had two shutouts in a row against top 20 teams.

They are well coached and don't give up. They caught a down LSU team though and Ole Miss' is a beat up team. I get your drift. WE have certainly regressed. I think maybe this brutal schedule caught up with us.

They are well coached and don't give up. They caught a down LSU team though and Ole Miss' is a beat up team. I get your drift. WE have certainly regressed. I think maybe this brutal schedule caught up with us.

I think maybe opposing coaches caught on to us.

I think maybe opposing coaches caught on to us.

... kinda like they got a copy of last years playbook.

Arky has nothing to lose and are now bowl eligible. Why not play all in with some fire in the belly?

I think a lot of people have given up on our Tigers this year, but we have nothing to lose at uat, they have a bunch of injuries after the Western Carolina game, and if we beat them we take from them a chance to win nashnul championship #37 or whatever they're up to claiming now.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but this game means everything to us now.

Arky has nothing to lose and are now bowl eligible. Why not play all in with some fire in the belly?

I think a lot of people have given up on our Tigers this year, but we have nothing to lose at uat, they have a bunch of injuries after the Western Carolina game, and if we beat them we take from them a chance to win nashnul championship #37 or whatever they're up to claiming now.

The uat injuries from yesterday were all minor. Expect to see them all next Saturday.

The uat injuries from yesterday were all minor. Expect to see them all next Saturday.

Yep. Just a little uat PsyOps at play.

Whenever I hear "We have nothing to lose" in respect to one of my teams I hunker down because a whuppin' is on the way. Nothing to lose means you've had a lousy season and there's nothing left to play for. The 2014 Auburn Tigers are way, way above the "nothing to lose" category.

Whenever I hear "We have nothing to lose" in respect to one of my teams I hunker down because a whuppin' is on the way. Nothing to lose means you've had a lousy season and there's nothing left to play for. The 2014 Auburn Tigers are way, way above the "nothing to lose" category.

I like the way you put this! It gave me an early Sunday morning chuckle when I read, "I hunker down because a whuppin' is on the way."

It's like being told a lady has a "great personality" when being set up on a blind date!

And I agree. AU is not in that category.

Or that her legs match and she only has one cloudy eye... :-)

Hope we don't have to play a decent team in a bowl game. We'll get clobbered.

Do you type that crap every time, or do you just copy and paste it in multiple threads? Either way, it gets tiresome.

Yep... their senior class was hungry and sold out and could go 8-5. Auburn's seniors and team were hungry in 2013 and won a conference title and played in the BCSNCG. Mean while some Auburn fans are in full suicide mode of the possibility of going 8-5 this year, the best record Arkansas can achieve this season. I like where Auburn's program is at compared to Arkansas.

Stat....as a numbers man you know the difference in trend....and some folks are just suggesting our trend is not good at the moment...I don't think it's disloyal or unreasonable to point that out.

And to give Arky some credit...they have kicked some butt lately and I'm happy we got them when we did.

Stat....as a numbers man you know the difference in trend....and some folks are just suggesting our trend is not good at the moment...I don't think it's disloyal or unreasonable to point that out.

And to give Arky some credit...they have kicked some butt lately and I'm happy we got them when we did.

It's a discussion board for football. The OP posted his opinion and I posted mine.

I'm firmly with Stat. We'll finish with a better record than Arkansas this year, and we're better positioned next year. They still have no answer at QB, and they can't count on six turnovers (including a 100-yard pick six) plus two turnovers on downs to win many games. Ole Miss is a shell of the team we played and beat in Oxford. Maybe I'm glad we played them when we did, but I'd rather have played Bama then too. They should be counting their blessings they played Ole Miss when they did. That's just how the schedule works.

At this point in the year, you are what your record says you are. Arkansas is salty, but they're also dead last in their division. I'll take our plight of having to deal with actual disappointment based on competing for championships as opposed to elation over winning a game.

This year went a little sideways. No question. We peaked at LSU, and we've seen different units looking horrible in different weeks since. The offense has been great at times (South Carolina, Ole Miss), but they also looked awful at times (UGA) and have been brutally sloppy (MSU and A&M). The defense looked solid at times (the vast majority of the UGA game and Samford), and they've been set on fire at times (South Carolina and A&M, in particular). The special teams has been a HUGE liability. It happens. Sometimes a particular season just doesn't go the way you want, but the program is going in the right direction.

Some of you need to find another school to claim you are a fan of. No, this is not your typical quote of the AU creed followed by the ways in which you fail to measure up. That would be pointless, as it is obvious some do not aspire to anything of that sort. My question to you would be why? Why do you claim to be Auburn fans yet you only complain? The first sign of any trouble brings out the same 6-8 people every time. No need for names, we all know who you are. Never any substance to your posts, just complaints. I really do occasionally feel pity for a couple of you (actually, more so for anyone forced to spend any amount of time with you.). I can only imagine the despair that everyday, real life problems must cause you.

I am going to take a new approach to this forum, and others for that matter. I am going to make quick work when it comes to using the IGNORE function. It would be great if we could get folks to stop engaging them. They only keep it up because they get responded to. I realize it is the internet, and it's full of idiots (like me). That doesn't mean we have to acknowledge them!

Archived