Week 14 (Auburn vs. Alabama) - Sunday Updates

RunInRed

Kris Frost

AU LB Kris Frost on Iron Bowl: "It's really unlike anything I've ever experienced. … It's just amazing being apart of something so great."

Auburn LB Kris Frost, from North Carolina, on embracing Iron Bowl rivalry: "When you come to this school, you become a part of this state."

@AUBlog

Kris Frost on the Kick Six and 2013 Iron Bowl: "That play or that game has no affect on the outcome of this game."

@JamesCrepea

Frost: "Right now, it's all about Bama. ... Beating Bama is all we care about."

Frost on his plans for Thanksgiving: "It's mostly just going to be about watching film." Says he will get to go to ATL to eat w/family.

@wareaglextra

Frost on Amari Cooper: "Really, really big challenge. He's a fast guy with great hands, maybe one of the best WRs we see this year."

@JFergusonAU

Quan Bray

Auburn WR Quan Bray on playing Bama's SEC-leading defense: "Ole MIss had the No. 1 defense and we went there and took care of business."

@AUBlog

Bray on always hearing about Alabama's defense: "It's just another reason to step up our level of play."

Bray on whether D'haquille Williams will be back for the Iron Bowl: "Hopefully."

Bray on how many times he's seen the Kick Six: "It seems like a couple hundred times."

@wareaglextra

Bray on the most important thing for the offense: "We just have to get off to a good start...when we do that, our offense gets to clicking."

"(The Iron Bowl) is an intense game and the best rivalry in college football."

@JFergusonAU

OC Rhett Lashlee

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee on Saturday's win: "We held (out) some guys, tried to be pretty simple and play some other guys."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says last season's Pick Six win in Iron Bowl won't be a topic this week: "That was last year."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says injured receiver Duke Williams is "still day-to-day. We're optimistic. He's getting better."

@AUGoldMine

Lashlee on being part of Samford's play call signs: "Those guys think they're pretty funny."

Lashlee on Sammie Coates: "He's probably as healthy right now as he's been all year."

Lashlee: "The best Thanksgiving is one that ends with a good Saturday."

Lashlee: "You can sit up here and act like it's any other game, but it's not. It's the Iron Bowl."

@wareaglextra

Lashlee asked when the staff found out Samford was calling Auburn's plays: "Probably when Kodi (Burns) went there to coach."

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee: "There's an energy in the Iron Bowl that's different than really any other game."

@JFergusonAU

DC Ellis Johnson

Johnson says junior DE DaVonte Lambert is "probably out this week."

The biggest reason for Josh Holsey playing Star was due to starter Robenson Therezie, who had a bruised shoulder.

Johnson on Blake Sims' ability to run "Their whole system is very different (than past years). They have more pace, zone read."

@wareagleextra

Johnson says if Lambert can't go they would probably double work Gabe Wright at end

@ITATJason

Auburn D-coordinator Ellis Johnson on Alabama's Amari Cooper: "He's a great player, but the problem is they have a lot of great players."

@AUGoldMine

Ellis Johnson on double covering Amari Cooper: "We'll do it some, absolutely."

@JamesCrepea

Johnson: "We've got to play better than we've been playing. I think (Alabama) is playing some of their best all season, and we're not."

Johnson: "We've got to step it up."

Johnson on penalties: "Lining up offsides...I don't care if it's Samford or Green Bay, line up onsides."

Johnson: "On 14 drives, three were 40 plays or longer. All three had penalties. We're just extending drives for them."

Johnson on Lane Kiffin's offense: "He's got a toy box with a lot of toys. It's designed to use all of them."

@JFergusonAU

Here is to hoping that the coaches and players get on the same page and play the best game of the year.

+1. I don't even want to think about it if they don't. <nervous> .

Guest jojo1515

Johnson still giving cheap coach speak comments that are meaningless with his last possible game to save his job coming up. I swear he is in a coma and the players and fans both don't understand what he is saying, well, ever really

Johnson still giving cheap coach speak comments that are meaningless with his last possible game to save his job coming up. I swear he is in a coma and the players and fans both don't understand what he is saying, well, ever really

The D has been better than the O the last two weeks.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Among other things, it means whatever the problem is, it doesn't solely rest at CEJ's feet.

What does this mean?

Among other things, it means whatever the problem is, it doesn't solely rest at CEJ's feet.

So you are just making up an argument where there wasn't one? Never said anything about sole responsibility or if he caused the problem. Don't start an argument with a wall, you'll likely lose. I say a wall because you aren't arguing about anything anybody has said. Watch out for that wall :0

No point in starting an argument with an obnoxious moron, either-- so I'm done.

What does this mean?

So you are just making up an argument where there wasn't one? Never said anything about sole responsibility or if he caused the problem. Don't start an argument with a wall, you'll likely lose. I say a wall because you aren't arguing about anything anybody has said. Watch out for that wall :0

Wow, that is top notch behavior for a mod. Try to argue with somebody not interested in your argument and not even discussing what you want to argue about and then call them names for pointing it out. Class act

I wasn't arguing. You insist on argument. I made a simple declarative statement. You asked me what it meant, I told you. You then get personal and whine when it comes back to you.

What does this mean?

Wow, that is top notch behavior for a mod. Try to argue with somebody not interested in your argument and not even discussing what you want to argue about and then call them names for pointing it out. Class act

I wasn't arguing. You insist on argument. I made a simple declarative statement. You asked me what it meant, I told you. You then get personal and whine when it comes back to you.

Stop talking to me already. You said your peace, called me inappropriate names and have decided it's my fault even though I clearly don't want to argue with you about your view on a random subject. Leave me alone please and move along "moderator"

Replying to someone and getting upset when they answer back is idiotic. Whining for someone to leave you alone when you keep responding won't help. Moderators here don't hesitate to label moronic/idiotic behavior. Don't shoot the messenger.

Maybe it's time to accept that Johnson will probably be back next year and for some time into the future. Maybe not, but don't jump off any buildings when there are few to no coaching changes after this year.

Maybe it's time to accept that Johnson will probably be back next year and for some time into the future. Maybe not, but don't jump off any buildings when there are few to no coaching changes after this year.

... or time to give time a chance. Whatever is going to happen will take time and more likely than not, will involve patience from all that are involved. Remember Rome wasn't build in a day, but one step and one brick at a time. And getting all antsy over something we have little to no control over is ludicrous.

Come'on Isn't it about time 2-get-up for another game, instead of bitching about something that'll be overly rehashed for months to come? ...... (how about: taking it to another thread)

The problems on defense does...

Yep

Why don't you just cut and paste these comments for repeated use? Or use them as a Link?

Captain sunshine pumper,,I wondered when u would show up. Truth hurts huh? Since u arrived on the scene to defend pawpaw Johnson, who is responsible for such poor play from the defense? It seems when the offense is not performing up to par everyone blames Gus as we should. But u never swoop in to defend Gus like u do pawpaw, why is that? If Johnson is not getting it done, then it is what it is. EVERYONE knows our defense is weak, and guess who gets the blame for it?

The problems on defense does...

Yep

Why don't you just cut and paste these comments for repeated use? Or use them as a Link?

Captain sunshine pumper,,I wondered when u would show up. Truth hurts huh? Since u arrived on the scene to defend pawpaw Johnson, who is responsible for such poor play from the defense? It seems when the offense is not performing up to par everyone blames Gus as we should. But u never swoop in to defend Gus like u do pawpaw, why is that? If Johnson is not getting it done, then it is what it is. EVERYONE knows our defense is weak, and guess who gets the blame for it?

got that link for him ===> right here

Archived